Sign in to follow this  
Acceptableloss

Holiday Sale

2 hours ago, ForestRambo said:

Whenever a company tries to do something nice and cool for the player base, there is ALWAYS someone who isn't happy with it. Jeez

Sorry I was slightly critical of a company you like. For what its worth Steamforged makes a fantastic game, and has an awful HR department, and an awful supply chain and logistics department, and has a good customer service department. If you can even call the mild criticism I placed as me trashing the company then I guess that's what I did. Boo Hiss. 

As a company that's competing for my money, I'm allowed to be critical of them. It's weird that you are so fanatically supportive of them to the point that even mild criticism sets you off. 

6 hours ago, FearLord said:

It's a chance to buy limited edition models that aren't for general sale. It's not been advertised as a discount...

When I hear "12 days of deals", I assume it means I'm getting a better price, not paying the stock list price. I've heard a lot of grumblings on facebook groups about how Steamforged used to be really good about this on Black Friday and during holiday times where you could get entire teams for very good prices. I understand things change, but buying items at stock price isn't what I expected when reading the post. 

18 hours ago, Toqtamish said:

How were they dishonest exactly ? We know it is for 24 hours only. We know it is stuff that you cannot get anymore except for in the Vault which is the whole point really. And it is free shipping so who cares if it all ships separately. Mystery box was also exactly what was advertised. They never said anything about prices etc. but we are also only 3 days in. 9 days to go. 

Without going too much into the Mystery Box. It was handled extremely poorly. Almost no one received confirmation emails, people got mismatched contents that was not what was advertised, and it was widely seen as an excuse for the company to clear off excess stock.

I feel that the sale was misrepresented. If you don't feel the same thats fine, but I'm certainly able to voice that. 

Everyone is free to voice their opinions. But voice them and disagree with them politely, please. And that goes for everyone, before this thread ends up getting people warned.

1 hour ago, Mr.G said:

When I hear "12 days of deals", I assume it means I'm getting a better price, not paying the stock list price. I've heard a lot of grumblings on facebook groups about how Steamforged used to be really good about this on Black Friday and during holiday times where you could get entire teams for very good prices. I understand things change, but buying items at stock price isn't what I expected when reading the post. 

I feel that the sale was misrepresented. If you don't feel the same thats fine, but I'm certainly able to voice that. 

You are conflating the word ‘deal’ with the word ‘bargain’. A deal is an offer and acceptance of that offer - here the offer is a chance to pay the retail price of limited edition models that are not generally on sale. You are free to accept or decline that offer - using the word ‘deal’ does not mean that you are getting the product at any kind of discount (although by any real metric of measuring this, you are in fact getting a discount over what you would pay on the open market for these things - your only real alternative is eBay, and you are likely to pay more than Steamforged will charge you).

Whether an event like this is good or not depends very much on whether you want the product or not - the mystery boxes caused a lot of noise, but it’s hard to deny that they were heavily discounted over retail price. I myself skipped those as I didn’t want to get content that I wouldn’t use.

Really it just seems an odd thing to complain about - you either want the limited edition models or you don’t - if you want them, pay for them? 

2 hours ago, Mr.G said:

I think we're in a transition period between the metals and plastics, so I wouldn't expect any decent bargains from SFG until they have sorted themselves out with regard to how they actually plan to produce stock in the future - will it be 12 player boxes? 6? Metal singles? Plastic? Will UiC/future additional models be boxed together or singly? No one knows, not even SFG, so we're just going to have to weather the storm for a year or two.

2 hours ago, FearLord said:

You are conflating the word ‘deal’ with the word ‘bargain’. A deal is an offer and acceptance of that offer - here the offer is a chance to pay the retail price of limited edition models that are not generally on sale. You are free to accept or decline that offer - using the word ‘deal’ does not mean that you are getting the product at any kind of discount (although by any real metric of measuring this, you are in fact getting a discount over what you would pay on the open market for these things - your only real alternative is eBay, and you are likely to pay more than Steamforged will charge you).

Whether an event like this is good or not depends very much on whether you want the product or not - the mystery boxes caused a lot of noise, but it’s hard to deny that they were heavily discounted over retail price. I myself skipped those as I didn’t want to get content that I wouldn’t use.

Really it just seems an odd thing to complain about - you either want the limited edition models or you don’t - if you want them, pay for them? 

Rather than argue the difference between technical definitions and real world common parlance, or point out that you are “Well Actually-ing” me to try an invalidate my point on a technicality. I’ll just say I’m so sorry I disagree with you and you think I shouldn’t have voiced my opinion. I’m so terrible.

Next time I’ll run my opinions through you and ask if it’s ok for me to post here. I don’t dare want to voice an opinion that you don’t think is necessary or odd.