Sign in to follow this  
dwhite87

A Beginner's Guide to Blacksmiths by Lance Becker

Greetings all! This is Lance from the (I’m sure, soon to be) highly famous Guild Ball podcast, The Pitch

What? No one gives a damn? Ok, cool… never mind then.

I have been tasked to walk those interested in playing the newest team in the Empire of the Free Cities through the basics of opening the box and taking the starting six out for a spin. My hope is that this guide will help you avoid any confusion in your first attempt at playing this very unique team, as well as help you come to your own conclusions as to how to make them click for you in the first few play-throughs. The following is merely “suggestions” of how to begin thinking of each model and, of course, your mileage may vary. With all of those caveats let's get started:

http://midwestwargaming.com/beginners-guide-blacksmiths/

Hey Lance, Thanks for this. Thanks for the podcast and for all you have done over the years promoting miniature gaming as a hobby. Keep it up. I was glad to hear your voice again when I stumbled upon The Pitch. 

Nice read. I don't disagree with much in there. I find Blacksmiths to be a ton of fun to play and Im having a blast learning to 'hopefully' play them well! Wheres that second blog post sir? ;)