Sign in to follow this  
Chud_Munson

Question about your playthroughs

Hey all,

One houserule I've been considering lately is a way to play main bosses and eventually mega bosses right out of the gate (that is, setting up the game so that you start by facing a main boss dungeon rather than a mini boss dungeon, not immediately facing the boss itself). The only thing I don't really have enough data about though is how many souls to start players out with as a bonus. My initial inclination is something like 16 a piece since that's two trips through a dungeon, but it just feels like way too many souls, and I know a few people have noted that they feel overpowered when they get to the second half of the game. 

So my question is, how many souls have you guys accumulated by the time you get to the second half of the game, and do you feel like that's an appropriate amount to give? I'm kinda leaning toward 8 a piece and maybe a few treasure pulls, but I just don't feel like I have a great barometer for what's appropriate here, so would be really interested to hear people's thoughts.

8 per player per spark, plus 2 per player plus remaining sparks.  More or less you can give them the option of 10 per player + X sparks or 18 per player + (X-1) sparks by starting down a spark.