GeroJr

New hunter player: Ideas, plans, questions, revelations etc.

Hi guys,

I'm a new hunters player. As there are no other hunters players around I though I'd open a thread where I can write down the stuff I come up with and hopefully sparkk a discussion, exchange ideas, learn about the game etc.

I've played a few games with Theron, made some horrible mistakes, but also some really fun plays. I'm going to try Skatha next and I would love some help/opinions about the team I have in mind.

The goal is to have a versatile squad that can go 2/2 or even 1/4.

So, what I was thinking:

Skatha - team's main goal threat and a versatile supporter when someone needs some extra MOV, a dodge or a couple od push dodges to reach the goal/victim

vHearne + Chaska - control the middle, Hearne KD's folk, Chaska pushes them around (either playbook or boombox), Hearne can last light Chaska of course, Chasha can toughen one of them up, they both benefit from rough ground if they can lure the enemy there, they can both often enemies up, snare them and get them in place for Jaecar or another damage dealer, Chaska can also control the field a bit with his traps. It seems to me that these two guy can play really well together.

Jaecar - probably no need to explain. Can take out models, can control key players (g&s, trap), can threaten a goal. 

Now this is where I'm not sure who to pick for the last two spots.

I'll probably go with snow as I think he can really help Hearne and Chacka if he stays close by. He can help them get out of rough situations and apply anatomical if needed. His T on 1 also helps. Fahad on the other hand can get me some extra damage as there are still going to be plenty of snared players around. 

I'm really undecided about the last player spot. I'm not sure if I need another striker to threaten the goal or if Skatha+Jaecar+occasionally vHearne/Chaska (with Skatha's help) are enough. Ulfr seems like he wants to be alone on one wing, but I think I need a few more games before including him and he seems really situational to me. Egret can put some pressure on opposing team with flurry and wait for the chance to get the goal. There's also Minx who's not a striker per se, but is fast, can deal damage and is a bit harder to tie up with Skatha around I think.
However, it also seems vHearne+Chaska can really help Sennah with her target, Skatha can extend her threat range and Snow can help her get out of a scrum. Chaska can also help with that or make her a bit tougher. Of course that means that I'd be running an 11 inf team with some pretty inf hungry models. That's what I'm worried about with Sennah.

What do you guys think? Am I missing something crucial? I know in GB choosing players can really depend on your opponent, but still... any opinions would be appreciated.

I think you need a battery player, someone that gives more INF that it needs. If you want to score VPs more with goal than with casualties, you will need lots of INF. Minx would be your best option. She can work well with 1 INF: Charge, bounce to other enemy, Attack the new target, and Back to the Shadows. With 2 INF, she also can reliably score goals.

IMO any model with 2/X inf can play a battery role if you use it so, with the notable exception of Minx who can also do stuff for free. On the other hand, in Skatha line-ups I like the bear because I think Skatha needs an anchor to play her game, and Hearne is too squishy for the role. At the moment I feel comfortable with Skatha, Snow, vHearne, Seenah, Jaecar/Chaska, and Ulfr/Egret. 11 inf is really restricting, but the team plays a good flexible game.

edit: you're right Skatha is your main goal threat, but not necessarily by herself, but by making a goal threat out of any capable team mates. Ulfr can be situational, but scoring is also a situational thing. He's like the soccer striker in the old joke. (The morning paper criticizes his last performance: "he did absolutely nothing all game long, except for scoring two goals.") Ulfr is a winger, an opportunistic striker and a perfect snap shot turret. At least with Skatha. But now we are talking about Skatha :)

Thank you both. I think I'll try this lineup first: Skatha, Snow, vHearne, Chaska, Jaecar, Minx. That gives me 13 inf and a lot of options.

I'll see if there's enough damage output without Sennah and then I can still sub her in later for vHearne/Chaska (and leave Minx as a battery player). 

Btw who do you guys use as your main goal/most reliable goal threat in a Theron based team if you want to go for 2/2?
I still have to try Ulfr, I guess I'm a little afraid of him (he's an animal after all). :D

The Skatha team I like to rock most is:

Skatha
Fahad
Jaecar
Minx
Seenah
Zarola

It rocks a decent 11 inf, but there's 3 furious players, and you're prolly looking for a 1 goal, 3-4 takeouts or 2 goals, 2 takeouts
You can attempt an early fahad goal if you are recieving or if you feel risky you can try to go for a turn one skatha goal, seeying as she's pretty fast (although you'll lose a lot of utility for a turn or 2).

Skatha is the only real striker in this team, but she can really control the board well with this setup, and deliver the bear anywhere it's needed.

If you'd want to go more footbally you'd prolly swap out seenah for Egret or Ulfr (but he's not in my 10).

That's an interesting lineup. Is your basic plan to avoid the scrub, jump all over the place with Skatha's and Zarola's help, take out the best targets and then retreat? 
Does it work against teams that like to scrum and stay together? What is your usual inf allocation? Sorry for all the questions, but it's always nice to get an insight into how things work :)

3 hours ago, Baron_Von_Svex said:

The Skatha team I like to rock most is:

Skatha
Fahad
Jaecar
Minx
Seenah
Zarola

It rocks a decent 11 inf, but there's 3 furious players, and you're prolly looking for a 1 goal, 3-4 takeouts or 2 goals, 2 takeouts
You can attempt an early fahad goal if you are recieving or if you feel risky you can try to go for a turn one skatha goal, seeying as she's pretty fast (although you'll lose a lot of utility for a turn or 2).

Skatha is the only real striker in this team, but she can really control the board well with this setup, and deliver the bear anywhere it's needed.

If you'd want to go more footbally you'd prolly swap out seenah for Egret or Ulfr (but he's not in my 10).

I like this, but with Egret instead of Zarola. That means 3 furious players and 3 with back to the shadows. Egret gives some ranged presence and lifts some of the scoring burden from skatha. I feel Zarola is a little bit redundant with Skatha and her snowball. 

Are you trying to build a 10 man team or just a 6 man team?  If I'm going in blind
Skatha
Fahad
Jaecar
Minx
V Hearne
Egret

Skatha and Egret get your goal threat to a respectable place. Jaecar and Minx can hit and run with little to no support and generate momentum for your kicks. VHearne can enable Egret to flurry for free for her movement and status distribution.  It's a very dodgy list that is looking to go 2-2 and avoid getting dragged into prologned fights.

If know there will be 2 forest or 1 forest nearby where I expect most of the action to happen i'll swap VHearne for Ohearne.
If I know I won't be able to win via goal threat (such as playing against fish) I'd swap for Seenah for more 2 inch reach and easy KD
You could drop Jaecar for Chaska and take oHearne instead of Vhearne but then you don't really generate momentum which you need to score goals.
You could drop Egret for Chaska and use him more as a ball holder/clearing paths with his ranged pushes but you will run into influence problems if you try to use him and Jaecar at the same time.

5 hours ago, GeroJr said:

Thank you both. I think I'll try this lineup first: Skatha, Snow, vHearne, Chaska, Jaecar, Minx. That gives me 13 inf and a lot of options.

I'll see if there's enough damage output without Sennah and then I can still sub her in later for vHearne/Chaska (and leave Minx as a battery player). 

Btw who do you guys use as your main goal/most reliable goal threat in a Theron based team if you want to go for 2/2?
I still have to try Ulfr, I guess I'm a little afraid of him (he's an animal after all). :D

You don't want to run Jaecar, Chaska and Seenah in the same team. You barely can fuel 2 of them, let alone all 3. Practically they each consume 2 more inf than they generate. That's too much even for Minx and Skatha.

I think Theron is a 1/4 captain. Sometimes 0/6, which, in practice, means 0/4 + clock :) But my point is that Theron runs a more reactive/denial style team, so I can't see how to go for 2/2 with him by intention.

Thanks for the suggestions, those are some interesting line ups to try out.  For now I'm building a 6 man team and later expand to 10 after I feel like I get the first 6.

Today I tried Skatha, Snow, Jaecar, Minx, Chaska, vHearne. I played against a friend who's learning the game and I just wanted to see the potential of the team. He played Kick Off Masons and unfortunately had to lave before the end.

I played Skatha for the first time and she was really fun. The whole team got really fast and her legendary can sometimes give you a chance 2 goals in a turn if she goes first, scores and uses it along the way. She also made the rest of the team really fast.

Chaska seems like a great disruptor and with Skatha he is a threat from far away. He can mess up opponent's setup quite badly and his 4" inch push was enough to get Flint out of goal range when he wanted a late turn 1 goal. With Skatha he can even become a goal threat. Want to try him out more. 

Snow didn't do much this time, but he didn't really have a chance to prove his worth.

I played Jaecar and Minx before and they were nice, pretty much what I expected. vHearne is nice to and with rough ground and fast ground bonus he went exactly where I needed him twice.

I have to play a few more games with this team, but I really liked my options in this game. Also 13 INF feels like enough to run Jaecar and Chaska together. If Chaska stays close to Hearne he can do 2 boom boxes for 2 inf and 1 momentum, which is neat. Maybe Fahad would prove better than Snow with his furious and 1/2 +momentum activation. Will see. :)

12 hours ago, GeroJr said:

I have to play a few more games with this team, but I really liked my options in this game. Also 13 INF feels like enough to run Jaecar and Chaska together. If Chaska stays close to Hearne he can do 2 boom boxes for 2 inf and 1 momentum, which is neat. Maybe Fahad would prove better than Snow with his furious and 1/2 +momentum activation. Will see. :)

If you mean vHearne, 2 Boom Boxes would actually cost 2 Influence and 2 Momentum. Just saying.

52 minutes ago, Dirial said:

If you mean vHearne, 2 Boom Boxes would actually cost 2 Influence and 2 Momentum. Just saying.

Of course, my bad, probably confused him with oHearne while writing. :)

20 hours ago, angyi said:

You don't want to run Jaecar, Chaska and Seenah in the same team. You barely can fuel 2 of them, let alone all 3. Practically they each consume 2 more inf than they generate. That's too much even for Minx and Skatha.

I don't really feel bad if I don't allocate any influence on Chaska. I feel like he can be useful just running around throwing traps and being annoying. Then, if I find he's in a good position at the beginning of some turn and Jaecar for example isn't I can throw him some influence instead.

On 28-11-2017 at 1:33 PM, GeroJr said:

That's an interesting lineup. Is your basic plan to avoid the scrub, jump all over the place with Skatha's and Zarola's help, take out the best targets and then retreat? 
Does it work against teams that like to scrum and stay together? What is your usual inf allocation? Sorry for all the questions, but it's always nice to get an insight into how things work :)

I ussually try to prevent my opponent from forming a scrum, Jeacar (Gut & String + Trap) and Minx (Snare) are ussually on opposite flanks harrassing players and getting players snared for Seenah. If there's a good goal opportunity I'll probably take it, aslong as that doesn't mean Skatha instantly dies. Just spread the board and try to annoy as many people with slow effects while you speed your team up.

Turn 1 Skatha always get 6 and whoever can threat the board in a good sense gets 4 or 2 depending on their cap. Jaecar always atleast gets 1 to run.
Turns afterwards, it depends on the board state, but here's sorta the priority for me: If Seenah can maul anyone he gets 2 if not he'll probably get 0, Jaecar gets 2-4 depending on what needs to get done (just Gut & String and trigger back to the shadows or full blown damage dealing), Skatha gets atleast 2 for the snowball but if she can score she'll probably get 6. Minx gets influence if she needs it, but is happy with 0. Fahad ussually gets 0 unless there is some shenanigans I can do with Zarola or there literally is no one else who can use it. Zarola ussually gets 0 unless I need Midnight Offering.

23 hours ago, Warpstoned said:

I like this, but with Egret instead of Zarola. That means 3 furious players and 3 with back to the shadows. Egret gives some ranged presence and lifts some of the scoring burden from skatha. I feel Zarola is a little bit redundant with Skatha and her snowball. 

I don't feel like Egret really helps Skatha, since she needs influence, and does not really generate momentum like she does for Theron, even against Esters brewers I actually prefer to go for a Minx marked target on her to pop the glut mass. But that's probably personal preference. Zarola is there for turn 1 stuff and to get fancy Fahad goals pretty much. ^^

As a Hunter player you very rarely need to commit to a scrum, if it's 7-0 and you're now rolling the opponent due to leveraging the Hunter tools you have is one of those exceptions, but it's rare you need to.. Theron with someone like Egret is enough to force players to come forward, Skatha just dodges around the world. 

Players like Jaecar, Egret and Minx all with back to the shadows mean you constantly force  the engagement to come to you. If they stay as a group, they'll only ever kill one player a turn while you prey on the weaker players. If they split you collapse. Nothing quite like hanging Jaecar on one flank, Egret on the other and having Minx, Theron, oHearne and Fahad in the middle. Those four players in the middle collapse very well, the flankers are excellent harassers and Theron + oHearne put solid pressure out in the middle. If your opponent is being MEGA cagey oHearne can simply forest jump, skewered and sprint back.  

I often see people committing players for no good reason, my most commonly played line up at the moment is Theron, Fahad, oHearne, Egret, Jaecar and Minx and you very, very rarely have to commit players unless it's favourable for your line up to do so. Having a strong ranged game is a HUGE boon when clock management is a factor, you can take the game as slow as you want when the engagements are on your terms. 

P.S Jaecar Gut & String, placing a trap next to a player then running of 6" is probably my favourite thing ever. 

2 hours ago, Baron_Von_Svex said:

I ussually try to prevent my opponent from forming a scrum, Jeacar (Gut & String + Trap) and Minx (Snare) are ussually on opposite flanks harrassing players and getting players snared for Seenah. If there's a good goal opportunity I'll probably take it, aslong as that doesn't mean Skatha instantly dies. Just spread the board and try to annoy as many people with slow effects while you speed your team up.

Turn 1 Skatha always get 6 and whoever can threat the board in a good sense gets 4 or 2 depending on their cap. Jaecar always atleast gets 1 to run.
Turns afterwards, it depends on the board state, but here's sorta the priority for me: If Seenah can maul anyone he gets 2 if not he'll probably get 0, Jaecar gets 2-4 depending on what needs to get done (just Gut & String and trigger back to the shadows or full blown damage dealing), Skatha gets atleast 2 for the snowball but if she can score she'll probably get 6. Minx gets influence if she needs it, but is happy with 0. Fahad ussually gets 0 unless there is some shenanigans I can do with Zarola or there literally is no one else who can use it. Zarola ussually gets 0 unless I need Midnight Offering.

I don't feel like Egret really helps Skatha, since she needs influence, and does not really generate momentum like she does for Theron, even against Esters brewers I actually prefer to go for a Minx marked target on her to pop the glut mass. But that's probably personal preference. Zarola is there for turn 1 stuff and to get fancy Fahad goals pretty much. ^^

Thanks for the explanation! Helps a lot with understanding hunters and different combinations better. :)

1 hour ago, ForestRambo said:

As a Hunter player you very rarely need to commit to a scrum, if it's 7-0 and you're now rolling the opponent due to leveraging the Hunter tools you have is one of those exceptions, but it's rare you need to.. Theron with someone like Egret is enough to force players to come forward, Skatha just dodges around the world. 

Players like Jaecar, Egret and Minx all with back to the shadows mean you constantly force  the engagement to come to you. If they stay as a group, they'll only ever kill one player a turn while you prey on the weaker players. If they split you collapse. Nothing quite like hanging Jaecar on one flank, Egret on the other and having Minx, Theron, oHearne and Fahad in the middle. Those four players in the middle collapse very well, the flankers are excellent harassers and Theron + oHearne put solid pressure out in the middle. If your opponent is being MEGA cagey oHearne can simply forest jump, skewered and sprint back.  

I often see people committing players for no good reason, my most commonly played line up at the moment is Theron, Fahad, oHearne, Egret, Jaecar and Minx and you very, very rarely have to commit players unless it's favourable for your line up to do so. Having a strong ranged game is a HUGE boon when clock management is a factor, you can take the game as slow as you want when the engagements are on your terms. 

P.S Jaecar Gut & String, placing a trap next to a player then running of 6" is probably my favourite thing ever. 

I was just planning a flexible Theron team today and came up with something similar. What do you think about Chaska? I might replace Egret/Minx with him as he seems to have great synergy with Theron (blessing, forest) and oHearne. 

Could you please tell me your "average" inf allocation (i know it's very situational)?

I can tell you my standard inf allocation. And it's less situational than you thought.

Theron (first turn): 6 INF (Sprint, Sun Strike on himself, 2 CPs, Bless of the God Father on himself, and finally the third CP).

Theron (other turns): 2 or 3 INF (depends on how much I can spare) or 6 INF if I have the iniciative and I have the opportunity to TO an enemy in melee.

Skatha (first turn): 4 INF (Snowball + Pass to Seenah / Jaecar, Jog stepping my Fast Ground and Cold Snap)

Skatha (other turns): 2 INF (Snowball + Pass or Cold Snap), 4 INF (same as first turn or goal run). Don't forget to use her Legendary Play when attempting a goal run.

Seenah (always): 2 INF, for TO someone or to deliver KDs. It's a difficult model for the enemy to control it.

Egret (first turn): 2 INF is the optimun (Jog, Flurry) but if you deploy her too much in a flank, the she needs 3 to Jog. Important, try to activate Egret as late as you can. Lots of enemies, after advancing, tends to finish too close between them. Flurry against the center (or the easiest target), poison them and wait. That's 4 DMG at the end of the turn.

Egret (other turns): 2 INF (jog + Flurry, or Sprint + Kick if I have the ball) or 4 if I have the iniciative and I see the opportunity of a goal run.

Zarola (always): 2 INF (jog + MO). Try to put her always that INF because in that form she doesn't depend on the position or the activation of Theron or oHearne. If you don't see a good opportunity to MO, then, don't put anything on her.

Jaecar (first turn): 1 INF (sprint) or 4 INF if I propel him with Skatha or Zarola.

Jaecar (other turns): 4 INF. Always deserves these 4 INF. You have to learn to bounce between enemies to not stand in the middle of nowhere because of a damn Counterattack.

oHearne (always): 1 INF, he doesn't need more. Jog, teleport, Attack (choose Singled Out), Blessing on himself and Skewered on the same target. He's one of our best setup players. Other people use him as a goal threat (the teleport is very tricky) or as a damage dealer. In these cases you will need more INF on him.

vHearne (always): Depends. You will use him specially to KD people and put Last Light on someone. He's a leftover player, you put your spare INF on him.

Minx (first turn): Nothing or 1 INF. Charge to the air and end your activation, or Charge against someone, do DMG (that's snared and Back to the Shadows triggering), bounce to another enemy or attack again.

Minx (other turns): Maybe nothing (if she is stuck and I don't care about it) or 2 INF. She's one of the best MP generators of our team. She deserves some INF for that. Also, she is a surprising goal threat.

Fahad (always): Nothing. The best is putting 1 on it, to trigger Nimble, but almost always I don't have enough INF.

Chaska (always): 1 if you only are approaching him to the enemy. 2 if you have an enemy at distance and cannot buff him. 4 if you have an enemy at distance and have the means to buff him (Blessing, MO, Last Light, snared or KD enemies).

Snow and Ulfr are pretty useless in my game style. Ulfr will need 4 INF to make goal runs (Charge, Where'd They Go and Kick) and the wolf will need nothing, or maybe 1 to put Feral Instinct or to make a Pass after Oh...Balling the ball.

I hope this helps.

Edit: Correction of some grammar mistakes and an addition to Skatha.

One more question for everyone - what's your usual turn 1 plan?

If you're kicking off with a Skatha team I guess you bring her up the pitch to threaten the ball, but usually simply setup your team (don't want to lose her in exchange for an early goal).

If you're receiving with a Skatha team do you try to set everything up for a late turn 1 goal? Or maybe an early turn 2 goal?

If you're kicking off with Theron, do you move him up the pitch to be able to start shooting folks?

And if you're receiving with a Theron team, do you try to hide the ball a bit and then go for a late or turn2 goal?

I'm still struggling a bit with my turn 1 plan. Obviously I need more games, but of course any suggestions would help. :D

1 hour ago, Petraites said:

I can tell you my standard inf allocation. And it's less situational than you thought.

Theron (first turn): 6 INF (Sprint, Sun Strike on himself, 2 CPs, Bless of the God Father on himself, and finally the third CP).

Theron (other turns): 2 or 3 INF (depends on how much I can spare) or 6 INF if I have the iniciative and I have the opportunity to TO an enemy in melee.

Skatha (first turn): 4 INF (Snowball + Pass to Seenah / Jaecar, Jog stepping my Fast Ground and Cold Snap)

Skatha (other turns): 2 INF (Snowball + Pass or Cold Snap) or 4 INF (same as first turn).

Seenah (always): 2 INF, for TO someone or to deliver KDs. It's a difficult model for the enemy to control it.

Egret (first turn): 2 INF is the optimun (Jog, Flurry) but if you deploy her too much in a flank, the she needs 3 to Jog. Important, try to activate Egret as late as you can. Lots of enemies, after advancing, tends to finish too close between them. Flurry against the center (or the easiest target), poison them and wait. That's 4 DMG at the end of the turn.

Egret (other turns): 2 INF (jog + Flurry, or Sprint + Kick if I have the ball) or 4 if I have the iniciative and I see the opportunity of a goal run.

Zarola (always): 2 INF (jog + MO). Try to put her always that INF because in that form she doesn't depend on the position or the activation of Theron or oHearne. If you don't see a good opportunity to MO, then, don't put anything on her.

Jaecar (first turn): 1 INF (sprint) or 4 INF if I propel him with Skatha or Zarola.

Jaecar (other turns): 4 INF. Always deserves these 4 INF. You have to learn to bounce between enemies to not stand in the middle of nowhere because of a damn Counterattack.

oHearne (always): 1 INF, he doesn't need more. Jog, teleport, Attack (choose Singled Out), Blessing on himself and Skewered on the same target. He's one of our best setup players. Other people use him as a goal threat (the teleport is very tricky) or as a damage dealer. In these cases you will need more INF on him.

vHearne (always): Depends. You will use him specially to KD people and put Last Light on someone. He's a leftover player, you put your spare INF on him.

Minx (first turn): Nothing or 1 INF. Charge to the air and end your activation, or Charge against someone, do DMG (that's snared and Back to the Shadows triggering), bounce to another enemy or attack again.

Minx (other turns): Maybe nothing (if she is stuck and I don't care about it) or 2 INF. She's one of the best MP generators of our team. She deserves some INF for that. Also, she is a surprising goal threat.

Fahad (always): Nothing. The best is putting 1 on it, to trigger Nimble, but almost always I have enough INF.

Chaska (always): 1 if you only are approaching him to the enemy. 2 if you have an enemy at distance and cannot buff him. 4 if you have an enemy at distance and have the means to buff him (Blessing, MO, Last Light, snared or KD enemies).

Snow and Ulfr are pretty useless in my game style. Ulfr will need 4 INF to make goal runs (Charge, Where'd They Go and Kick) and the wolf will need nothing, or maybe 1 to put Feral Instinct or to make a Pass after Oh...Balling the ball.

I hope this helps.

New player here as well, thank you for this write up, and the time you took on it. It's really appreciated.

Nice write up. Certainly a good starting point. One thing that changes the inf allocation though is when you receive, since you preferably want to get some passes going and a sprint to receive the ball - basic I know, but just putting it in there :)

Also a thing that I haven't seen mentioned a lot. I like Chaskas Tough Skin a lot too. Both Theron and Skatha becomes very obnoxious to deal with with +1 ARM. So I feel Chaska can get 1 inf the 2 first turns, handing out traps and tough skin. And when people starts to get low from damage/poison he can get 4 and be pretty scary.  Also sometimes just 2 inf for a boom box to clear someone up from an engagement (like a furious model or a ball holder) can be pretty handy.  

So I normally deploy like this Jaecar Left flank, kicks the ball off. Fahad, Theron, oHearne, Minx, Egret right flank (Jaecar & Egret just swap where ever is the fast terrain is) 

Turn 1 - Theron Gets 5. Walk, Sun strike, fire 2 shots and normally heroic for a 3rd. Jaecar gets 4 - Kicks short and normally gets me 4 momentum from who ever retrieves the ball. oHearne gets 3. The perfect last activation model to jump to a forest and harass the last activation of opponent. Egret gets 0 and walks wherever is safe, Minx gets 0. It's really easy to get a free charge turn 1 with Minx. 12" threat is pretty massive and I have 0 problems doing damage from range. 

I've often ended turn one with 7-9 momentum pretty frequently, with Jaecar having dropped a player to half health and Theron & oHearne severely beaten a player up. If they go for a turn one goal I kick the ball to the flank on Egret to keep the ball there. Very often win the initiative race and proceed to kill the player Theron & oHearne beat on, leaving you in a strong position with a safe ball, jaecar primed to kill a player and often a player Singled out & Skewered ready to Theron to go to town on. You can Pinned any problem player who you think will threaten the ball. 

Last night my first turn 2 activation was to kill mist (She had Knee Slider, but oHearne pushed her back into range of Theron and KD'd her) and shoot a gutter left on 1 health for 4 VPs and had Egret score in the same turn. 

Turn 2 influence is normally reactive, but often oHearne gets 1 (For 1 influence a Singled out and Skewered is incredible. It was enough set up for Theron to straight up kill Blackheart the activation after) Theron gets 6, unless he's unsafe / can't commit hard to one player, Egret normally gets 2 for the goal, Fahad often sits on 0 but not always, Fahad does real good damage. The rest is balanced between Jaecar & Minx, but there's really no set influence for turn 2. It's a lot less of a scripted affair. 

@Warpstoned yep, I think Chaska can give you more control in a Skatha team (while being extremely fast with her help). If there's a well positioned patch of rough ground he can also be a solid tank at 3-3 if needed. :)

@ForestRambo thank you very much for your answer. I really appreciate it. :) I see why there might be no need for Chaska in this line up. Still have you tried him out/do you use him against a particular team? Or the bear? 

Also any tips for receiving the ball? Probably should get it to Egret and set up the field for a turn 2 goal (don't think she is a reliable turn1 threat without Zarola/Skatha?). Or maybe even hold the ball with Egret than pass it to Hearne for a last activation T1 goal with Receive and Go + forrest jump, sprint and shoot and then jump him back next turn if I go first. :) 

4 minutes ago, GeroJr said:

@Warpstoned yep, I think Chaska can give you more control in a Skatha team (while being extremely fast with her help). If there's a well positioned patch of rough ground he can also be a solid tank at 3-3 if needed. :)

@ForestRambo thank you very much for your answer. I really appreciate it. :) I see why there might be no need for Chaska in this line up. Still have you tried him out/do you use him against a particular team? Or the bear? 

Also any tips for receiving the ball? Probably should get it to Egret and set up the field for a turn 2 goal (don't think she is a reliable turn1 threat without Zarola/Skatha?). Or maybe even hold the ball with Egret than pass it to Hearne for a last activation T1 goal with Receive and Go + forrest jump, sprint and shoot and then jump him back next turn if I go first. :) 

You're welcome bud. I don't use Chaska in my current 10 man roster, I have used in plenty of practice games. I like what he does, Boombox is a good tool, trap is useful and tough skin is okay in some situations. He has some shortcomings, 3/1 with 16 boxes is pretty easy prey, his playbook is pretty poor and he is totally reliant on rolling to hit with character plays - which I'm very wary of. 

Chaska isn't a bad player and I think Chaska has more of a place with Seenah as boombox is another tool to disengage the bear. As he stands I just don't think he brings anything I need in either of my line ups, but that's more of a personal thing. In my 10 I'm sure someone would argue he's better than Egret, etc. 

Very rarely do I choose to receive the ball. Hunters are pretty crap at turn one goals and I use turn one to get the position when I can get my first 2 kills and put the ball somewhere fairly dead with Egret. Corsair I would consider receiving only because the ball is so hard to get off him, but still not 100% sure as it allows Corsair a free move which is lame. Anyway, if I do receive I just try and get the ball to Egret and keep it somewhere safe.