Sign in to follow this  
MrFox

Corsaire matchup

Hey everyone,

I do not have any fish player in my local meta but I will probably face some of them in some upcoming tournaments.

I was wondering how to play the corsaire (full mz2 bunker) matchup.

What captain is your go to pick ? (assuming they have both corsaire and shark in their 10)

What key player do we have to counter a corsaire team ?

What is the objective ? 2 goals - 2 to ? How to score a second goal if the ball is being killed inside the bunker on a close control model ?

I would be thankful for any bit of advice =)

11 minutes ago, ForestRambo said:

Pick Hammer, shout "FIGHT ME" at Corsair, Proceed to kill Corsair. 

If you are sure he will drop Corsair that’s a good idea, but Hammer loses pretty hard vs Shark in my experience so it’s a bit of a list chicken situation.

5 hours ago, Falkman said:

If you are sure he will drop Corsair that’s a good idea, but Hammer loses pretty hard vs Shark in my experience so it’s a bit of a list chicken situation.

I don't think my advice was to be taken too seriously Falkman...

But Hammer is rough into Shark, good into good Corsair. Honour is good into Shark, not ideal into Corsair.

Flip that coin!

16 minutes ago, ForestRambo said:

I don't think my advice was to be taken too seriously Falkman...

But the essence of it is still true though. ;p

Honour vs Shark is probably the most balanced matchup possible between Masons and Fishermen, both teams have a decent chance at winning that matchup. In contrast Hammer will crush Corsair and be crushed by Shark, and Honour will lose handily vs Corsair.

On 11/27/2017 at 6:58 AM, ForestRambo said:

Pick Hammer, shout "FIGHT ME" at Corsair, Proceed to kill Corsair. 

I'm wondering if you can go into this matchup more. I'm picking up Masons soon (coming from Butchers) and I was talking to a local who plays a lot of Corsair at a high competitive level. He's convinced Hammer is a bad matchup into Corsair when Corsair is played properly (based on experience, of course). Where does Hammer win out in your games?

He doesnt. Corsairs ability to drag single models in and control the fight cant be really handled by masons. Even if he needs to double drag hammer in. Snakeskin can help you, she blocks of the rest of your models. Wrecker can help you a little bit as cheap space controller.

I found Hammer to work just fine against Shark. He'll still get that first turn goal, but Hemmer can really hurt his team and he can score too.
Mallet is also pretty handy against all their 2" melee zones and especially against Grayscales unpredictable movement.