Sign in to follow this  
Quwaz

Farris rules question

So in the write up they talk about her using Impact for the free attack in the middle of a Sprint movement and then continuing to move afterwards. But I have a few questions:

Doesnt the opponents model get a free disengage attack when you are continuing to move? I could see Impact being really strong with a 1 or 2 hit KD result, but Farris only has KD on 4 hits, and that's really hard to hit on 6 dice especially since you don't get the charge +4.

I guess I don't really see the utility of the ability unless the model you are hitting is already KD or if you can take it out with the 1-2 damage you can probably inflict.

Am I missing something? Do they not get a disengage? Or is it more for just free chip damage hit on a KD opponent?

Unless the model Farris attacks with Impact has a reachable KD result on their playbook the parting blow will just cause damage. 

Not suggesting I'd want to use Impact every activation but it does combo nicely with her Legendary to possibly free up the ball and potentially have enough movement left to recovery or re-position it afterwards. 

Personally the real utility I see in it is that if you need to move further than her jog's threat range you can essentially pick up a "free" attack. 

If you have some 8" away then just sprint into base and then you can make all three/five of your attacks. You can also weave about in combat as opposed to when you charge. Which is pretty relevant when you're on a 50mm base.

I wouldnt use it all the time but it's a nice trick to have.

Here there are some additional details about Farris that would be good to see and may help:

• Farris' Impact doesn't trigger Unpredictable Movement (because of its Advance hasn't finished yet). The same with other abilities, like Counter-Charge and equivalents.
  • Farris works very well with 1 INF. Just Sprint, Attack, get a momentous Push or Stagger, reposition yourself to a good place (preferably without exiting the enemy' melee zone), and done. Reposition her to allow other friendly charges, to block enemy paths and lines of sight, to stay at 6" of Bolt or to give [+1] ARM to any apprentice.
  • Remember that, if you are engaged, you cannot unsnap the ball. If you use the Legendary Play, maybe would be better using the Give It a Whack to "try" to pass the free ball (KICK [2/6"]) to a better place or to a friendly player, rather than snapping it. She is a terrible vessel for Bolt's "I'm Open!" and isn't a good ball carrier (even with ARM [3]) to protect it.

20 hours ago, Petraites said:

Here there are some additional details about Farris that would be good to see and may help:

• Farris' Impact doesn't trigger Unpredictable Movement (because of its Advance hasn't finished yet). The same with other abilities, like Counter-Charge and equivalents.
  • Farris works very well with 1 INF. Just Sprint, Attack, get a momentous Push or Stagger, reposition yourself to a good place (preferably without exiting the enemy' melee zone), and done. Reposition her to allow other friendly charges, to block enemy paths and lines of sight, to stay at 6" of Bolt or to give [+1] ARM to any apprentice.
  • Remember that, if you are engaged, you cannot unsnap the ball. If you use the Legendary Play, maybe would be better using the Give It a Whack to "try" to pass the free ball (KICK [2/6"]) to a better place or to a friendly player, rather than snapping it. She is a terrible vessel for Bolt's "I'm Open!" and isn't a good ball carrier (even with ARM [3]) to protect it.

Those are handy hints