Sign in to follow this  
ForestRambo

Your plans for 2018 in Guildball.

I think I hit all my 2017 goals. Win an event (both were only 3 rounds), go X-1 at a 5+ round event, get better at painting.

I guess for 2018 I'll say

break back into the top 50 on Longshanks since some events have expired and dropped me down to 60 (only 9 rating points to go!)

Break into the top 10 USA on Longshanks. (Whopping 30ish point difference between 10 and 16)

Go X-1 at a 6+ round event

Win a 4+ round event

Get more friends into the game, as I got one close friend into it and that helps get car pools. 

Run a 4+ round event.

Failing to do these: at least match this year!

Forgot painting goals!

Locate, purchase and paint my last 4 Masons (this includes Lucky).

Purchase and paint 2nd Butchers Box for my daughter.

Locate, purchase and paint a Union Captain and Mascot so I can filed a legal team.

Start amassing all the teams and keep up with new releases ;)

My goals

1) Become a pundit 

2) Paint lots

3) Convince wife to let me go over the pond to the  New Zealand ahem I mean Aussie Nationals 

4) Buy more figures than I have time to paint

5) Storage space for unpainted figures

6) Formulate similar plan for 2019

5 minutes ago, masterkdog said:

My goals

1) Become a pundit 

2) Paint lots

3) Convince wife to let me go over the pond to the  New Zealand ahem I mean Aussie Nationals 

4) Buy more figures than I have time to paint

5) Storage space for unpainted figures

6) Formulate similar plan for 2019

Very worthy goals Dude (: 

Hopefully finally start playing Guild Ball physically aside from over Vassal. Need to pick a team; being a bit hesitant with the upcoming plastic releases as well cause I do prefer plastics a bit and am not sure if I should wait for them or just do metals for now.

1 hour ago, Lena said:

Hopefully finally start playing Guild Ball physically aside from over Vassal. Need to pick a team; being a bit hesitant with the upcoming plastic releases as well cause I do prefer plastics a bit and am not sure if I should wait for them or just do metals for now.

Just go all in balls to the wall, why settle with one team. When I started I cconvinced myself I would only ever own one team, almost two years on and and 7 teams later....

Plans for 2018...

-fully paint two guilds

-paint up a team for a third guild

-make a vague attempt not to buy the farmers

-godtear (because anyone that’s seen my grey mountain knows I will, so I may as well pretend it’s a planned goal :P )

Edit: oh, and run more forum contests ;)

I might keep mine manageable ... paint up Limited Edition Kraken and starter-box Angel. Then I will finally have painted all the Guild Ball models I bought at Salute in April 2015! The backlog for 2016 and 2017 might take longer ...

Goals:

1) Paint first Farmer's Box

2) Purchase and paint second Farmer's box. 

3) Get minor guilds for my Fish and Farmers if they come out

4) Hopefully pick up an all plastic guild I don't have (Come on Alchemists)

5) Play in a Tournament (Probably the SOO)

On 11/24/2017 at 8:56 AM, Malritch said:

(Seriously would love to get to a Con in 2018... but more realistically that will be at least a couple of years away financially)

@Malritch Is Grotscon still being held? I havn't attended for a while (shelved Warmahordes). Any chance Guild ball starts happening at that event?

On 11/24/2017 at 10:13 AM, ForestRambo said:

So with 2017 coming to a close, let's talk about what our plans are next year in Guildball!

My plans for 2018 is to get MK in MK (Momentous Knockdown in Milton Keynes) to be sponsored in some manner, ideally make it official so that it may count to any stat boards and make it so that the 32 player competition is even better than last year.  Yes that is my plan for 2018.

Thanks to some close locals

Charles Nurser and Barry Voice did attend and teach us how to play the game. Along with some awesome painted models. :)

MK in MK, Saturday June 30th.

Needless to say excited.

8 minutes ago, Major_Fokker said:

My plans for 2018 is to get MK in MK (Momentous Knockdown in Milton Keynes) to be sponsored in some manner, ideally make it official so that it may count to any stat boards and make it so that the 32 player competition is even better than last year.  Yes that is my plan for 2018.

Charles Nurser and Barry Voice did attend and teach us how to play the game. Along with some awesome painted models. :)

Needless to say excited.

Might have to make my way down to this event! :D

52 minutes ago, Major_Fokker said:

Needless to say excited.

I'll try and and be there this year :D

On 11/26/2017 at 5:44 AM, Alphadork said:

@Malritch Is Grotscon still being held? I havn't attended for a while (shelved Warmahordes). Any chance Guild ball starts happening at that event?

@Alphadork .... hey there.. I've only recently become aware of GROTS and GROTSCON (Greater Red Deer Organization of Tactical Silliness... I think :) ) My understanding is that, unfortunately at this time, it looks like Guild Ball is off the menu for the con in the spring...and we a currently without a pundit. There was Guild Ball in spring '17, and apparently the Canadian National Championship took place here in 2016. (I'm always late to a party :( )

There are a few of us newer players trying to rekindle interest and build up the community though.

2018 in Guild Ball for me? Better this year's tourney results - aim to win more games than I lose at Scottish tournaments. 

Paint at least 2 teams from my Blacksmiths, Hunters, Morts, & Brewers to go with my Fish, Masons, and Butchers, finish painting my Union & Solthecian Union.

Go to Vengeance, maybe become a pundit since I'm starting to organise local events anyway... going to be a busy year!

Goals for 2018

-Grow the southeast USA meta even more so than it already is.

-Get all the farmers and blacksmiths and have them all painted within the year

- travel to 3-5 tournaments with at least 16 players

-host 2 tournaments with 24+ players

-Win several small tournaments, and hopefully 1 or 2 larger ones.

-Pick up vet decimate, vet gutter, vet minx, vet hemlock, and essentially anything else SFG puts out. :)

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:10 PM, Scapegoat_Stephen said:

So I played half a dozen games during the S1/S2 crossover and fell hard for the game. All in on Masons, a mat, tokens you name it. Then got back into playing Warmahordes locally and stopped playing Guildball (doesn't help theres some strange obsession with GW locally). I can't travel to events at the moment either so just trying to convince other locals to join me in my man cave and pick up Guildball. Another local plays regularly because he travels a bit and I think I have another 2 or 3 interested in picking up the game.

So all in all 2018 I want to get back into Guildball again maybe see about attending at least one small event and teaching my daughter the rules. I currently have a Butchers team I am assembling and painting for her as an Xmas gift :)

If you can start making Tuesdays again, you ought to be able to play at Crusaders. There are normally at least 3 of us with teams there, often more.

On 29/11/2017 at 1:37 PM, Adran said:

If you can start making Tuesdays again, you ought to be able to play at Crusaders. There are normally at least 3 of us with teams there, often more.

Tuesday's clash with family hobby night at the moment (fencing) so I'm limited to popping over during school holidays :)