Sign in to follow this  
malladin.ben

Release Schedule - what we know

What do we know about release dates for stuff after the Steamcon Keynote?

Farmers 2 - January
Blacksmiths 2 - February
New OP pack, plot cards - Before Adepticon (February/March?)
Ratchatchers - Adepticon/Salute? (March/April)
Falconer's Guild/Solthician Church? (May/June?)
Solthecian Church/Falconer's Guild (July/August?)
Union in Chains Veterans - Gencon (August)
4th minor guild (butcher's?) (September/October?)
Season 2/3 Chibi Pins - Gencon (August)
Veteran Honour - Steamcon (November)

non-GB:
Darksouls Card Game (Feb-May)
Godtear pre-kickstarter (contact January?)
Resident Evil (September)

Post below if you have reports of something and I'll update this post. I'll also cross-post to the forums for a bit more permanency.

The UIC models will be released in a single box in PVC (much like the Farmers / Blacksmiths boxes). They are hoping to have them ready for GenCon (but it might end up being later than that).

Resident Evil 2 shipping in September 2018 ... presumably in retail stores sometime around then?

Veteran Honour at Steam Con in November 2018.

The Ghost Patrol card game they showed at Steam Con.

15 minutes ago, malladin.ben said:

Get yer hand in yer pocket, skinflint. I didn't think you were from Yorkshire!

;-)

I only need 2/5 of the models in the box is all. Sure I'll be able find someome to split the rest with I guess :) 

49 minutes ago, ningu said:

The UIC models will be released in a single box in PVC (much like the Farmers / Blacksmiths boxes). They are hoping to have them ready for GenCon (but it might end up being later than that).

Where was it stated that the Union in Chain models would all be in one box? It wasn’t on the stream...

8 minutes ago, FearLord said:

Where was it stated that the Union in Chain models would all be in one box? It wasn’t on the stream...

I don't like asking questions in front of large groups of people, so I asked Russ after the keynote. 

6 hours ago, ForestRambo said:

All the UIC models will be in one box? That's super sucky. 

Agree. I don't necessacarily want all those models, just teh ones for the guild (s) I play. 

3 hours ago, Redtiger7 said:

Agree. I don't necessacarily want all those models, just teh ones for the guild (s) I play. 

If you have GB friends who want the other 3, this could turn out to be a much cheaper option.

14 minutes ago, Intergalactic Slacks said:

9 more month, 9 more minor guilds in 2018? 😋

I reckon one a quarter would be a pretty tough schedule to keep!

(that’s why I’m not stressed about losing Union - there’s ages, unless you’re unlucky and go after morticians/ratcatchers... :P)

8 minutes ago, Wynter said:

If you have GB friends who want the other 3, this could turn out to be a much cheaper option.

People can not end up with everything from every guild? How strange...

9 hours ago, Mako said:

(that’s why I’m not stressed about losing Union - there’s ages, unless you’re unlucky and go after morticians/ratcatchers... :P)

Unless you're extremely fortunate and go after morticians/ratcatchers.

Fixed that for you! I can't wait to not get union options.

13 hours ago, Intergalactic Slacks said:

9 more month, 9 more minor guilds in 2018? 😋

Likely, although maybe it'll be accelerated in some way, with Salute, Gencon and Steamcon in the mix, there may be some double-release months. I suspect we'll have them all by November 2018

1 hour ago, malladin.ben said:

Likely, although maybe it'll be accelerated in some way, with Salute, Gencon and Steamcon in the mix, there may be some double-release months. I suspect we'll have them all by November 2018

From the interview with Mat on Singled Out, it sounds like the release schedule of the minor guilds won’t be too agressive and will go into 2019.

They want each release to be special (launch events like Farmers and Blacksmiths ?); and also allow the new Guilds to have time to bed in and be the new shineys for a while, rather than immediately being overshadowed by the next release.

It will also give our wallets a chance to catch up !

11 minutes ago, Jon Bucket said:

From the interview with Mat on Singled Out, it sounds like the release schedule of the minor guilds won’t be too agressive and will go into 2019.

They want each release to be special (launch events like Farmers and Blacksmiths ?); and also allow the new Guilds to have time to bed in and be the new shineys for a while, rather than immediately being overshadowed by the next release.

It will also give our wallets a chance to catch up !

I was super unimpressed with this. If your guild didnt win UIC and gets their box last we are talking like almost 2 years without a new model.

19 minutes ago, Dirt Rey said:

I was super unimpressed with this. If your guild didnt win UIC and gets their box last we are talking like almost 2 years without a new model.

That’s a lot of ifs, ands, and almosts. I wouldn’t get too concerned.

Or you should have tried harder during UIC 😝

6 hours ago, Dirt Rey said:

There business model seems to be shifting to one where players are assumed to buy all (or at least many) of the guilds.

I only really buy models for butchers. I "won" a LE mist at some point. As a result I found myself a mascot short of a playable union team (LE rage) so I bought a tortoise. Then the farmers bandwagon winked at me flirtatiously as it rolled past. Now I have 3 guilds.

If happily buy a vets box just for vet Gutter. Who knows, it may persuade me to buy some more models for other teams. I mean, im eyeing ratcatchers...

(That said, I am legally responsible for a hunters/blacksmiths player, so it is 2 models we will have use of in the box, but I'd still buy it was just for 1).

All the Guilds I wanted to win UiC lost, so I have little interest in a UiC boxed set. I do have Morts in a box unbuilt, so I'd like Hemlocke for the future, and vMinx looks awesome and will go in my other half's Hunters, but I don't want the rest. Waste of cash, will be a poor choice to release in one box. If they do, I would question the way SFG are moving forward - is Guild Ball becoming a closed game, designed and sold only to a 'select' group of already dedicated players, with multiple Guilds, but no interest in enticing newer players into the game? A 12-player Fish box would also seem to indicate that, so we'll see how things pan out...

On 11/24/2017 at 4:45 PM, Redtiger7 said:

Agree. I don't necessarily want all those models, just the ones for the guild (s) I play. 

I'll just look for the card or wait for the phone apps to be updated and then use the original model.  Possibly until someone gets round to splitting a box.

14 hours ago, RedSam said:

There business model seems to be shifting to one where players are assumed to buy all (or at least many) of the guilds.

You could equally argue that the introduction of minor guilds is helping people who play mono-guild. 

Steamforged have said on a number of occasions that guilds have a player cap, where they will severely limit new stuff coming out for the existing guilds. 

By introducing the minor guilds, mono-guild players will get a whole load of new stuff, where before they may have got nothing.