ForestRambo

Hunters Matchups, when to draft which captain.

2 minutes ago, Benito said:

@ForestRambo You have to be careful with Egret. She is very fun to play but I do not count the games where she goes forward, tries a Flurry, misses her target (even snared) and finds herself within easy reach of the opponent who has only to chew.
Back to the shadow is very useful in her style of games but beware it can turn against her!

I prefer Zarola to carry the ball personally.

Yeah I'd only ever do it on a def 2/3 player. Chances of missing a 3 on 2 dice are <85%. Agree on Zarola though, a neat ball holder.

4 hours ago, ForestRambo said:

Yeah I'd only ever do it on a def 2/3 player. Chances of missing a 3 on 2 dice are <85%. Agree on Zarola though, a neat ball holder.

I'm guessing you meant <15% as it's around 11%. Not that 11% isn't <85%...

17 hours ago, ForestRambo said:

I REALLY hope our minor guild isn't released before vMinx is, losing her would suck.

That said, REALLY excited for the 2 extra players we're going to be able to use. Hunter team seems pretty wide open at the moment so they really could give us anything. 

vMinx is going to be a Hunters player, not a Union player. So it doesn't matter if she comes out before or after minor guilds, she's gonna be a Hunter option for life. 

2 hours ago, CaptCommy said:

vMinx is going to be a Hunters player, not a Union player. So it doesn't matter if she comes out before or after minor guilds, she's gonna be a Hunter option for life. 

It does.. They have said that once the minor guilds are out, the major guild can no longer use Union. Therefore if the minor guild comes out before veteran Minx does.... There will be neither OG Minx or vet minx to choose from. 

21 hours ago, Penguin Warrior said:

I'd be playing Skatha just about every game right now if I hadn't fallen back in love with Shark recently :P

EDIT: Nevermind, I found what I was looking for. Skatha has a really cool sculpt! :)

9 hours ago, Totes McAwesome said:

It does.. They have said that once the minor guilds are out, the major guild can no longer use Union. Therefore if the minor guild comes out before veteran Minx does.... There will be neither OG Minx or vet minx to choose from. 

vMinx isn't a Union player, full stop. She's a Hunter player, with the green card and everything. 

26 minutes ago, CaptCommy said:

vMinx isn't a Union player, full stop. She's a Hunter player, with the green card and everything. 

I think what’s meant is that if the minor guild come out before vMinx, there will be a short gap where oMinx is no longer available to the hunters, and vMinx is not yet available - so for a brief period neither minx will be available, until vMinx comes out and provides hunters with a minx model again.

4 minutes ago, Mako said:

I think what’s meant is that if the minor guild come out before vMinx, there will be a short gap where oMinx is no longer available to the hunters, and vMinx is not yet available - so for a brief period neither minx will be available, until vMinx comes out and provides hunters with a minx model again.

Oh, yeah, that would make sense. Reading comprehension is really hard, guys 

4 hours ago, Mako said:

This guy gets it.

22 hours ago, Mako said:

What is being discussed with this "Minor Guild?" Are Union becoming their own thing?

20 minutes ago, Anudem said:

What is being discussed with this "Minor Guild?" Are Union becoming their own thing?

Short answer, yes :)

Basically, each major guild will get an associated minor guild over time. Two players from the minor guild and two from the major guild will become dual guild for both major and minor. Once a guild has its minor released, they will no longer be able to take any Union choices. Major guilds will lose their Union slot but gain two models from their minor guild.

With the morticians, the ratcatchers will be their minor guild. At the keynote it was shown that vGraves and bonesaw will be dual mortician/ratcatchers, while Skulk (the SC17 model) and a lady called Pelage will be dual guild morticians. Once the ratcatchers are out, the morticians can no longer take any Union choices (but will of course have vHemlocke as she’s a full mortician).

The Union will be a fully independent guild eventually, as no one else will have access to their models any more.

14 minutes ago, Mako said:

Short answer, yes :)

Basically, each major guild will get an associated minor guild over time. Two players from the minor guild and two from the major guild will become dual guild for both major and minor. Once a guild has its minor released, they will no longer be able to take any Union choices. Major guilds will lose their Union slot but gain two models from their minor guild.

With the morticians, the ratcatchers will be their minor guild. At the keynote it was shown that vGraves and bonesaw will be dual mortician/ratcatchers, while Skulk (the SC17 model) and a lady called Pelage will be dual guild morticians. Once the ratcatchers are out, the morticians can no longer take any Union choices (but will of course have vHemlocke as she’s a full mortician).

The Union will be a fully independent guild eventually, as no one else will have access to their models any more.

Cheers! Ratcatchers sound like a really cool Guild for us Hunters. Oh well. So will these minor Guilds be more supplementary to major Guilds or can they be played as a Guild as well? Will each minor guild be dedicated to one major guild, or is their a chance we may see a Ratcatcher model option? Link/vid so I don't de-rail the thread?

8 minutes ago, Anudem said:

Cheers! Ratcatchers sound like a really cool Guild for us Hunters. Oh well. So will these minor Guilds be more supplementary to major Guilds or can they be played as a Guild as well? Will each minor guild be dedicated to one major guild, or is their a chance we may see a Ratcatcher model option? Link/vid so I don't de-rail the thread?

from about 8.40 Mat covers them. Basically they’ll be a 6 model guild, made up to 8 with the two dual guild players from the major guild. So you could play morts, or ratcatchers :)

...and now back to your regularly scheduled programming :D