TheRaven

Black Friday Sales

Black Friday Sales previewed.

Not too excited honestly. It seems like SF is very much about focusing on new players. I get that's important, but I feel like as a 2 year supporter nothing is aimed at me. 

It's also tough to compare to last year's sale which was phenomenal. 

I was hoping for individual model stock to be put up one last time. As someone that just needs 1 fisherman player, 2 Engineers and 3 brewers, it really sucks that the single models were pulled. Also I always hope for another round of Limited edition original captains. I'll probably be spending my black friday money on a website that still has the individual models left in stock. 

I was also hoping that maybe there would be a limited number of the second Blacksmith and Farmers boxes for people to log on right when the sale started and have a chance at getting them without traveling across the world. 

The new Gutter is good and I'll probably try to make sure I pick that up. Still undecided on the Christmas characters. Free Shadow Games with 150+ pound purchase is actually good but I don't see myself getting even close to that. 

3 minutes ago, TheRaven said:

I was hoping for individual model stock to be put up one last time

3 minutes ago, TheRaven said:

I was also hoping that maybe there would be a limited number of the second Blacksmith and Farmers boxes

I actually think not doing this is pretty smart -- yeah, you make a small number of people happy, but the larger population is disappointed when they don't get them.

Worst case is a repeat of last year, where demand can't be filled, the company ends up having to spin up production unexpectedly, and people don't get stuff until February.  Avoiding that is a Good Thing even if it means half a dozen people don't get shiny Blacksmiths two months early.

6 minutes ago, Toqtamish said:

All looks great to me. Lots of stuff I want. Now to see the prices. 

They have most of the prices. 

20% off the Darksouls Game. 

20% off Kick Off and it comes with the Lucky model. 

20% off the terrain and the Proving Grounds Mat if they're bought together. 

Free Dice if you buy the Farmers or Blacksmiths box. 

The stuff that doesn't have prices is The Steamcon Swag Box, and the 2 limited edition model packs. I imagine all the other stuff is just the currently listed MSRP. 

I just want Skulk. The rest of the swag stuff will just rot in a box or get given away. Would have liked to be able to buy him separately.

Might make some useful spot prizes for local tourny next year but hopefully won't make him too expensive :/

9bdcfbef-c970-4928-a32f-5fe5cc40ec4d.jpg

I'd quite like the Christmas Buckwheat, but don't want Hearth, and nothing else appeals as I either have it or don't want it (not interested in Dark Souls or Resident Evil). The Mega Bundle looks good if you are interested in Masons and Brewers, but I think they are slow and don't really work to show off the game well to new players. I hope SFG continue to support and encourage new players by making 6-player plastic boxes of the original guilds...

Buckwheat is a one-piece metal miniature ... very impressive technically! No tricky glueing with this one.

Hearth is in two parts, but very easy to put together.

The only thing I really "need" is the Union / Solthecian pack, although I may be tempted to get another swag box depending on the price.. 

As curious about the mega bundle cost as I have everything but Kickoff and the kickoff mat, but if the price is right the extra scenery and rulebook would be useful for my games room..

Ok, I know I'm going to get some heat for this, but I feel it needs to be said.

After all of their talk about supporting LGS's with things such as promo sculpts, I feel like this sale is in direct opposition to that idea. This is just my opinion, but feel free to dispute it as I am very often wrong (ask my wife). This is a big selling time for any retail business, and between the lowered prices and the free items for buying (like the dice), it just bothers me that SFG talked a lot about how they were in full support of shops. Now, if SFG or any other company wants to offer lower prices and compete with LGS that's 100% fine, but don't contradict what you've publicly said in the past.

5 minutes ago, shauni55 said:

After all of their talk about supporting LGS's with things such as promo sculpts, I feel like this sale is in direct opposition to that idea. This is just my opinion, but feel free to dispute it as I am very often wrong (ask my wife). This is a big selling time for any retail business, and between the lowered prices and the free items for buying (like the dice), it just bothers me that SFG talked a lot about how they were in full support of shops. Now, if SFG or any other company wants to offer lower prices and compete with LGS that's 100% fine, but don't contradict what you've publicly said in the past.

Don't encourage them. Many of us who's LGS doesn't get stuff for us are already contacting people from several states over to buy alt sculpts. 

8 minutes ago, shauni55 said:

In respect to SFG - they're doing a lot of other things that other companies aren't - offering up ALT sculpts that you can only get through ordering retailers is something not many people have done before at all.

I don't think it's fair to penalise SFG for making use of one of the biggest sale periods of the year however :)

I was also a bit letdown with this sale, this was the sale I was looking forward to most when it comes to miniatures this year. But there's quite nothing I really feel like getting. Oh well, saves me money. :)

43 minutes ago, ForestRambo said:

In respect to SFG - they're doing a lot of other things that other companies aren't - offering up ALT sculpts that you can only get through ordering retailers is something not many people have done before at all.

I don't think it's fair to penalise SFG for making use of one of the biggest sale periods of the year however :)

Sure, not MANY companies do it, but others do it and do it arguably "better". Wyrd has monthly promotions through LGS that aren't additional costs. 

9 minutes ago, Redtiger7 said:

Hmmm, Shadow Games has alt art Avarisse and Greede crads. Reflecting their split maybe?

Just up to date with Errata cards with their Shadow Games Art work on rather than their Guild Ball Art.