malladin.ben

Butchers minor guild speculation thread

There's a thread over on the main forum speculating on what the minor guilds for each guild might be, but I'm just finding I'm scrolling through lines and lines of text on guilds I'm not interested in. So o thought I'd start a thread up here where we can wildly speculate as the true nerds we are without being caught up in any back and forth over whether the astronomers guild will be the minor guild for alchemists or engineers or fishermen, or other similar non-butchers-related snoozefest.

So let's hear your suggestions for our minor guild, but let's delve a bit deeper into what their playstyles might be, rough ideas for individual players and abilities, and as many potential player names as you can come up with.

Off you go....

My favourite of the ones being suggested so far is Chandlers.

At first it seems an odd choice, but candles were traditionally made from animal fat, so they'd be working hand in hand with the butchers.

The visual style of them could be amazing, too, with lots of fire and a mix of flabby and stick-thin models.

Names: Tallow, Beeswax, Wick, Chandelier, Lumiere (if disney haven't copyrighted it), Jack (be nimble)

Playstyle: I think they'd be a pretty heavy control team, with lots of fire effects. Binary players - some very fast and nimble with dodges, some big brawlers with glut mass or tough hide and lots of pushes (but probably not KD)

That's me for now.

If you're going down the route of candlestick maker... Well that only leaves Baker's as the only other option...

Again some fire, maybe some 2" paddle type weapons or throwing buns at someone...

Maybe even poisoned bread, not sure.

Could have Sweeney or Todd with a meat pie connection too.

7 hours ago, Geordiekrispy said:

If you're going down the route of candlestick maker... Well that only leaves Baker's as the only other option...

Again some fire, maybe some 2" paddle type weapons or throwing buns at someone...

Maybe even poisoned bread, not sure.

Could have Sweeney or Todd with a meat pie connection too.

Way back in the past there was a chef's guild talked about on the short-lived Ozball podcast, they had a starvation condition and had plays that used worked by mixing together different ceffects

3 hours ago, Alphadork said:

So . . . anyone else think the "unknown player" in Gutters latest fluff piece is the Captain for the new Butchers minor league Guild?

I was thinking that. I also think that the description, focusing on knives and whetstone might suggest it's Cutlers. Boiler might be the obvious swap in, assuming vet Gutter is the other. Could be a whole team with AP

The new minor guild is the skiners. They will be models that are tanky and glass. Thier focus is of control with a nice tweak on blood conditions. (Blood will be reduced to 2 dmg and will not fall off) enjoy 😉

41 minutes ago, Zore said:

The new minor guild is the skiners. They will be models that are tanky and glass. Thier focus is of control with a nice tweak on blood conditions. (Blood will be reduced to 2 dmg and will not fall off) enjoy 😉

Hmmm. First post from a new account. Not sure that'll help you avoid nda related repercussions if this isnt just trolling. But thanks 😉

Perhaps ben. And thanks for ur posts. Enjoy useing the inf butchers 😉 and its speculation which means nothing i say is nda issue

42 minutes ago, Zore said:

Perhaps ben. And thanks for ur posts. Enjoy useing the inf butchers 😉 and its speculation which means nothing i say is nda issue

It was the way you phrased it like it was a definite thing made me think you had some insider knowledge. Just as speculation, then, I quite like the ideas about bleed - you could have different players doing different effects to how bleed works.

Not sure about skinners as a name, though. Skinning seems like a job that would be done either by butchers for domesticated animals or hunters for wild animals, and not something skilled enough on it's own to warrant a full guild. But maybe that's just misguided thinking on my part and am happy to be informed otherwise.

Could be some ideas there for how the minor guild might work, whatever it is.

Cheerio.

Well skinning an animal is not a fun task. Most butchers dont skin and simply carve the meat into uaseable portions. Also the butchers need some flex with game play style so u have some options on the table other than pure dmg. Lastly my post was made to be definite. Take it with a grain of salt. The minor guild will be less about damage and more about consequences for actions ur oponent makes. Butchers need more tactical flavour if they are to ever win a tourny. Imo 😉

Ps. If u think muti guild brewers/masons was the only thing? Props for potentiely guessing butcher/hunter duel guild model

1 hour ago, malladin.ben said:

Not sure about skinners as a name, though. Skinning seems like a job that would be done either by butchers for domesticated animals or hunters for wild animals, and not something skilled enough on it's own to warrant a full guild. But maybe that's just misguided thinking on my part and am happy to be informed otherwise.

A slightly dull side note -  the Skinners Guild was one of the ‘Great Twelve City Livery Companies’, so they were a pretty big deal.

There was a rivalry between them and the Tailors guild, which saw them regularly switch places in the listing - between 6th and 7th, which is where the phrase ‘to be at 6s and 7s’ comes from.

...... I heavily researched The Tailors Guild to pitch at last years Steamcon 😅

19 minutes ago, Jon Bucket said:

A slightly dull side note -  the Skinners Guild was one of the ‘Great Twelve City Livery Companies’, so they were a pretty big deal.

There was a rivalry between them and the Tailors guild, which saw them regularly switch places in the listing - between 6th and 7th, which is where the phrase ‘to be at 6s and 7s’ comes from.

...... I heavily researched The Tailors Guild to pitch at last years Steamcon 😅

I stand corrected. Kudos, sir