Sign in to follow this  
Wrynisimus

Master Crafted Arsenal as a playable list

At Steamcon I managed to win Master Crafted Arsenal in the raffle. As I have not really looked that deeply at the Blacksmiths and I haven't got the Forged from Steel set I was wondering, how viable is Master Crafted Arsenal as a playable list on its own? Who would you take as captain out of Hearth, Burnish and Farris?

I definitely agree with the scoring team idea. From the looks of it, between Alloy, Bolt and Farris I'm looking at a first turn goal on the kick or receive. Burnish and Hearth look like they can run control quite well while I look for two more goals from the rest of the team. I may proxy Ferrite as she is just that good, but for now I'd like to play with the actual models I have. Horse captain looks solid for a mobile scoring lineup, useful for building momentum on a goal run without risking tackle counterattacks, I'll give her a go for my first try I reckon. Cheers

1 hour ago, Wrynisimus said:

I definitely agree with the scoring team idea. From the looks of it, between Alloy, Bolt and Farris I'm looking at a first turn goal on the kick or receive. Burnish and Hearth look like they can run control quite well while I look for two more goals from the rest of the team. I may proxy Ferrite as she is just that good, but for now I'd like to play with the actual models I have. Horse captain looks solid for a mobile scoring lineup, useful for building momentum on a goal run without risking tackle counterattacks, I'll give her a go for my first try I reckon. Cheers

I concur. That box are all about first turn goals. I got two first turn, first activation ones at Steamcon!

Add Ferrite instead of Burnish and you could probably get two in one turn!

5 hours ago, Refused8778 said:

Im not seeing how impact avoids tackle counter attacks... am i missing something?

Farris' legendary doesn't grant impact. She gives out "Give it a Whack"  which is the ability that lets you kick a free ball while its in your melee zone. So the idea is to drop the ball on the way in but keep it in your melee zone. Then if they counter, you don't have the ball for them to tackle away but you can still kick it by staying within an inch of the ball marker.

On 11/22/2017 at 2:10 AM, Wrynisimus said:

Farris' legendary doesn't grant impact. She gives out "Give it a Whack"  which is the ability that lets you kick a free ball while its in your melee zone. So the idea is to drop the ball on the way in but keep it in your melee zone. Then if they counter, you don't have the ball for them to tackle away but you can still kick it by staying within an inch of the ball marker.

Except you have to have dropped the ball before being engaged as you cannot drop the ball while engaged.

You can drop the ball during an advance before you enter someone's melee range so its right behind wherever you end up. Make's positioning a little awkward as you can't move to the other side of the model you're wanting to attack, but it might come in handy once in a while.

Got my box yesterday and I have a game today, so I think I'll jump in the deep end and just use the box as a whole than "thin" it out with the older stuff.

I'll be up against Brewers so should be good to just run rings round them and go for goals. I'll let you know how I get on

I played my first game with the box, despite the limited experience I would say it's a pretty legit lineup with an emphasis on early scoring (Bolt/ Alloy).

Basically give Burnish nothing and feed Alloy everything.