Michał

Plastic Fisherman's Guild

I planned to buy Fisherman's soon and start playing them after a couple of more games with my Alchemist's. And now I'm not sure whether to buy more expensive metal starters or wait for the platic ones...

I've just seen the pictures. Anyone know if Steamforged plans to release plastic Fisherman's soon?

The plastics for the original guilds are definitely a future plan rather than a ‘coming soon’ - the cost of retooling an entire guild in plastic is eye watering, so it’s one they’re only going to do if they’re confident there’s a benefit to it (me, I like the look of the new fish and would likely get them. But I’m a terrible example given I own almost everything and keep ending up with more!)

During the keynote, they said there was going to be a survey or poll going out about how much demand there is for the pvc versions of existing teams, that might have been what "coming in the next few weeks" was referring to

If I remember correctly, they said the earliest they could have these ready (assuming sufficient interest form the surveys and whatnot) would be Gencon next year. So if you're interested in playing Fish anytime soon, I probably wouldn't wait for the new plastics. 

So SFG stated they will be putting a survey out in a few weeks to gauge the interested of the the fishermen PVC team. They explained PVC has a big up front cost and sensibly wouldn't want to go into the re-working of the guild into PVC if it wasn't a viable business choice.

With that in mind, I would give 9-12 months before you can reallistcally expect to see them in your hands. Mat was kind enough to give us the time frame from going to a render to actually having models in our hands and the above is realistic (potentially opturmisitic for a whole 12 player team, with terrain, goal and ball).