Sign in to follow this  
dwhite87

Henry K wins SteamconUK last chance qualifier with Union :D

Congratulations Henry! 54 person event of high quality players.  Does anyone know what his ten player roster was? And also, what his six he played with Brisket3 into Thresher? 

K0ErYOc.png

KEU0Kpq.png

The team I played against (and what I took in the Thresher games I played on Saturday) was Tater, Millstone, Jackstraw and Harrow. Tater could possibly switch to Fallow, but I'm not planning to proc Between A Rock.. so she doesn't really do anything to protect the ball, which Tater helps with.

Hemlocke has a momentous tackle, Blind is reasonably useful against Thresher (although Hemlocke probably still dies to him in one turn even if she hits) and she's mobile and kicks well. If I had the roster slots she would potentially swap out for Snakeskin though, but I can't fit SS into my 10.

Grace is only really there for the Smoke matchup. Her 2 die kick makes her risky as an I'm Open! target, and you often want to put all of your influence on Mist, Decimate and Brisket so her 1 inf stat is often quite awkward even with Blessed.

I've been playing a fair bit of Brisket recently and really think she is ace. Unfortunately my struggle is fitting her in a 10. Blackheart is my preferred captain and if I go for a second it's Rage. Blackheart already gives me the football game if I want to go that route and Rage obviously the other end. Did you find that you used Minx much?

13 minutes ago, Totes McAwesome said:

I've been playing a fair bit of Brisket recently and really think she is ace. Unfortunately my struggle is fitting her in a 10. Blackheart is my preferred captain and if I go for a second it's Rage. Blackheart already gives me the football game if I want to go that route and Rage obviously the other end. Did you find that you used Minx much?

You can't take three captains in a roster anyway.

Minx fills a similar role to Decimate as a filler piece which is pretty much always reasonably useful. Minx brings efficiency but is less durable, Decimate does more work but is more influence hungry. Usually Minx goes in a team when I am kicking because I already have Mist as an extra influence hungry model (Benny Gutter Mist Minx) if I don't think I want Hemlocke for a matchup. When receiving, I'll usually not bother with Mist (Benny Gutter Decimate Hemlocke by default I guess) which means the rest of the team isn't inf greedy enough to warrant Minx over Decimate. I also use Decimate to get a turn one goal when receiving sometimes, if I have Knee Slider or an opportunity presents itself.

That was kind of my point in that I already have 2 captains in the list so squeezing Brisket in is only possible if I drop one. I played a similar 10 to yours at a team event not so long ago and took both Brisket and Rage which works just fine. However I love using Blackheart and taking Brisket with Blackheart doesn't feel as worthwhile as taking her with Rage.