Sign in to follow this  
ChubbyCop

New playthrough video... UPDATED RULES

here's a new video with the beasts of wars crew, one thing I found of note is that Sherwin made a few modifications to the gameplay

Getting bit : Now when you get bit by a zombie, you are allowed to push them away ! That's a geat change imho, and very in line with the videogame mechanics. Should solve the annoying "getting stuck in a corridor not being able to get past a zombie" issue that the game suffered from.

Corpse Markers : Instead of triggering a tension deck draw, now you roll a die whenever you move next to one, if you roll an umbrella, it stands up and becomes a Zombie.

What do you guys think ? Those two seem like very simple tweaks that will improve the gameplay quite a bit imho.

Edit : You can also stack dice results, if you have two "single hits" on the dice, you can do a double push (still cant combine them into a kill but that's also nice)

I think it's a better step forward, I loved the gameplay, I'm still not sure about the starter handgun, the fact that using 3 every time is the best way to use it effectively IMO, but then again I know they will have more guns from the game

If I'm understanding this correctly you should still lose 1 hp after you failed to dodge and push the enemy away? For some reason Sherwin wasn't doing that on some of the zombies... Did he just forgot or am I missing something here?

When using a crossbow can you only allocate the statues effects/dmg on enemies on the same square or on the entire tile if you have line of sight ofc?

17 hours ago, blackcat12345 said:

I think it's a better step forward, I loved the gameplay, I'm still not sure about the starter handgun, the fact that using 3 every time is the best way to use it effectively IMO, but then again I know they will have more guns from the game

It's a huge flaw in itself and has been mentioned before by me and others during the kickstarter campaign.

There is literally zero reasons to use less than 3 bullets with the handgun since you are limited by actions and enemy reactions. Unless they somehow change the handgun they should just straight up make it so you always shoot 3 bullets

@Cane

Nah, there's still room for 1 shot, as demonstrated in the demo when they used the sound to lure a zombie towards them.

And it's still a 1 in 6 chance of a kill so you might get doubly lucky !

7 hours ago, Dizn said:

When using a crossbow can you only allocate the statues effects/dmg on enemies on the same square or on the entire tile if you have line of sight ofc?

I believe it was said that it was the same square. 

These changed rules are undeniably better, but IMO they're still not great.

I still plan on house ruling in the ability to just run past a zombie if it bites you, because that's exactly how the game works, once you push them off you can just run right past them with no struggle (assuming its only one zombie) the push mechanic here in the board game means you will still have to deal with that single zombie after pushing it off you.

I also plan to house rule the results of dice for attacks to be combined, as in, two single hits w/handgun = 1 damage and not 2 push.

In DC I play, the mortal zone is one square all around the ennemy who can makes a free attack against you if you try to escape.

I think we can do the same : Roll 1 die for one zombie, 2 zombies then 2 and so on.

- If you have one hit, you take one damage and stop. You have to fight/heal with remaining action points you have.
- If you have 2 hits on the die/dices you stop too but you loose your remaining actions and push back the zombies.

Simple & logical : more zombies = less chances you pass through.

17 hours ago, MaverickHunterLuneth said:

I still plan on house ruling in the ability to just run past a zombie if it bites you, because that's exactly how the game works, once you push them off you can just run right past them with no struggle (assuming its only one zombie) the push mechanic here in the board game means you will still have to deal with that single zombie after pushing it off you.

I also plan to house rule the results of dice for attacks to be combined, as in, two single hits w/handgun = 1 damage and not 2 push.

You can push the zombie in any direction, like behind you which is pretty much what you already described. 

On 20/11/2017 at 8:55 PM, MaverickHunterLuneth said:

Yeah when I first saw the demo videos I was thinking of house ruling the evasion mechanic however I really like the new evasion mechanic, it feels a lot more forgiving and fair. As for the handgun I'm still waiting and seeing

Sherwin mentioned that you have a 70% chance for hit/push which is absolutely correct. Seeing as every play through I’ve seen they’re failing way more than they should, I’m worried that the dice aren’t weighted properly. They’ve rolled 3 blanks over and over and over. Statistically that’s HIGHLY unlikely.