ADG

Veteran Honour -- 2017 Steam Con model

The Steam Con design a veteran player seminars in Manchester today have created Veteran Honour. A really nice looking model,  using a hammer as a walking stick to support her damaged legs, and with a pet sheep dog on the way!

Expected to be released as the give-away model in the swag bag at Steam Con 2018.

Possible role (subject to playtesting) is as a supportive goal-keeper.

V5rHoIA.jpg

Yep, may actually make me cough up the cash and actually go to Steamcon next year. First (announced) model to actually change guilds as well.

For some reason, I also feel like there is something between Honour and Tater, probably from the original bit of story released with the LE Tater. Damaged, bitter, older woman loosens up when forced to spent time with young, innocent hunk. Maybe I've watched too much Sex And The City and Outlander, but it could feed into a good story of how the other Masons, especially Harmony, react to seeing her back on the pitch AND cuddling up to beefcake like Tater: happy? Jealous? Furious (Hammer/Harmony)? Leading to a break up of Masons as old loyalties return? Might be a bit close to Butchers Civil War, but a bit gentler, less violent, more about love and respect, which always seemed to be part of Masons background. Make it happen, Sherwin!

20 hours ago, Jedianakinsolo said:

Brisket3 would like to argue that.

Doh, completely blanked her, as Blackheart still completely overshadows the other 2 captains (also, only team with 3 captains, also forget that).

12 minutes ago, Raistlin13 said:

Do you know if it will be possible to buy this miniature outside of steamcon 2018 ?

Eventually yes, she’ll be on standard retail release. But that’ll be 2019 of course, and may not be the same sculpt but a variant.

This year the Steam Con swag bag (which includes Skulk) is meant to be on sale during the Black Friday sale.

So maybe next year the swag bag (with Veteran Honour) might go on sale in the same way?

I think US Steam Con might be designing a veteran too? Maybe they could do a limited sale next year of both Steam Con veterans?? (Before eventually repackaging them in plastic in a different pose or something).

Much like Skulk this year, Veteran Honour will be available to buy at some point. 

As for what form that will take, well, we only found out that this was happening from the seminars on Saturday! We need a bit of time to figure out the details. :) 

16 hours ago, ADG said:

I think US Steam Con might be designing a veteran too? 

I was wondering if they were going to make a second veteran or just flesh out Honors stat line, but seeing they also have a sculpting panel I'm assuming it's a completely new one..

This leads to the following two questions :

1) which character will they pick.? Friday came second in the UK panel but personally I'd like a new Chisel to match her total shift in personality in the fluff..

2) will attendees at next years Steamcon get both minis or just the one designed by their region.?

Just now, Pending Forum Suspension said:

Four Makos trolling...

‘Tis the season :D

Though I’ll admit, I’m curious what the US will pick in their veteran seminar... Whether it will match up with something from the UK list or be totally different. 

What hasn't been mentioned yet, but was said at the seminar..though I am sure it can change...

Honour's positional role is a Goalkeeper.

She may well keep something like Quicktime / superior strategy, as they seemed like her defining characteristics.

She will have low MOV (not surprising that).

17 minutes ago, Andrew Jones said:

What hasn't been mentioned yet, but was said at the seminar..though I am sure it can change...

Honour's positional role is a Goalkeeper.

She may well keep something like Quicktime / superior strategy, as they seemed like her defining characteristics.

She will have low MOV (not surprising that).

There was also talk about sheepdogs and a shepherd theme, and lots of different ideas for how this could be achieved, from having roaming markers, to a BPM-style mechanic, to adding a new mascot or player as the dog, to a 50mm base with a dog on it.

There was also talk about abilities to move harvest markers around the pitch. I had the idea that she could target friendly models and if they are planters they could lose an INF to plant a harvest marker, and if they are Reapers they could remove a harvest marker to gain an INF, so if that one makes it in I'm going to claim a whole hat full of nerd points ;-) (cuts to Bryce deleting an idea from his spreadsheet).

One of the ideas for a quick-time-like ability was that it was cheaper, but other models only, and possibly not OPT, so she could do it more often. Also it was considered that it could represent the sheepdog nipping at people's heels and herding them around. To me it felt like one of those moments you sometimes get in game design where theme and rules just seem to mesh really nicely, but I guess we'll wait and see whether the design team agree with me.

Cheerio,

Ben

4 minutes ago, Polipotent said:

Shepherd theme? Maybe she is the Shepherd Guilds (minor guild) Captain?!?

Entirely possible, but the shepherd theme developed out of the seminar rather than coming from SFG so it may have nothing to do with any actual guild :D

1 minute ago, Polipotent said:

I was having a conversation with a friend and we couldn’t think of too many farmer guild options for minor guilds. Millers? Merchants? Shepherds would be cool.

Solthecian since they sponsor them anyway and keeps G&B as playable with them.