Sign in to follow this  
Fujin

SteamCon keynote

Ok... golly... 

- Every Guild will have an associated Minor Guild. For Morticians this is the Ratcatchers Guild (hence, Skulk). Morticians will be able to use Ratcatchers in their line-up and Ratcatchers can use two Morticians in their lineup (best guess is vGraves and... Bonesaw?). Minor Guilds will get an 8-player release (clarification please!).

- Spoiler pics of Pelage and Scourge for Ratchers.

- New condition: Disease (Diseased?). Introduced by the Ratchers but will be incorporated elsewhere.

- Once a Major Guild has the associated Minor Guild released, they may no longer use standard Union options. So once Ratchers are out (or start to be released...?), no more Mist (edit: in competitive play). Morticians will likely be the first ones to lose Union options.

- Possibility of all Guilds receiving new plastic sculpts. Preview option was for Fish and included a new ball (pufferfish ftw!) and pretty much new poses for almost everyone (Angel and Corsair looked the same). Including a goal post and terrain pieces.

- new OPD released before AdeptiCon 2018. New Plot Cards, initiative system (!), draft system and setup (?), and updated roster sizes.

- Obulus is still a jerk.

23 minutes ago, LeadDiceandBeers said:

With no Union, I'd assume the new roster rules would be along the lines of Morticians and Rat Catchers as a combined roster.

Each guild gets 2 from the other, I think. So ratcatchers Get bonesaw and vgraves, morticians get skulk and pelage. Those four players are dual guild, so you can take them instead of your old Union choices

Let’s not assume it’s all going to be a bad thing before they appear :)

Skulk and pelage instead of mist may mean a different game plan, but that’s not necessarily bad right?

Mist who? 😉

In case you missed the keynote and can't read the above, the Disease conditions spreads at the end of a players activation to any player within 2" and causes Come on Mate or Take a Breather to cost +1MP.

8 minutes ago, Xavian and Deathgrip said:

Also judging by the card only the rat catheters will have access to it. It seems like Skulk will be the captain then. Wonder what the mascot will be? The vileswarm or a small (but vicious) dog?

Skulk Isn't Captain, I have his card

2 minutes ago, JS said:

Seems like it works fine to me.

You say that about every seemingly reasonable model. I want sexy upgrades so we have something to compete with OP Farmers and OP Blacksmiths. Ratcatchers is a sublime opportunity to explore #redesignspace

Sorry I thought for a moment that Graves and Bonesaw would be part of the six man team with the two recently revealed being the two players. Also I can barely read the slides at the top, but if the rat  catchers can also suffer from diseased than I bet that the big tumor guy will have a giant health pool and will began the game with it.