TheRaven

Fallow is up

If the occasion rises for a deciding goal and you have 3 harvest markers available, can you make hay from the 3 harvest markers and allocate the 5 INF (so for the last harvest marker only 1 INF instead of 2)?

14 minutes ago, alopex said:

If the occasion rises for a deciding goal and you have 3 harvest markers available, can you make hay from the 3 harvest markers and allocate the 5 INF (so for the last harvest marker only 1 INF instead of 2)?

Yes. You'd go to 5 but no higher.

15 minutes ago, CurlyPaul said:

Has anybody been running her with Thresher?  

I find Thresher's lists to be lacking in HM's and inf, so finding it hard to go her Into a functional list with him.

It's possible, but looks much harder to squeeze in than in a Grange list. Thresher is often bringing Millstone, Harrow and Jackstraw to maximise available influence and Harvest Markers. This leaves him with just a single Reaper slot, which I usually give to Tater for his dangerous counter charge potential. Fallow could fit in here, and offers some protection, but forces Thresher to play a little closer to the pack. They compete more for Harvest Markers (Tater rarely needs pull one apart from emergency healing), but there's the potential to just give her influence I guess...

8 hours ago, FearLord said:

It's possible, but looks much harder to squeeze in than in a Grange list. Thresher is often bringing Millstone, Harrow and Jackstraw to maximise available influence and Harvest Markers. This leaves him with just a single Reaper slot, which I usually give to Tater for his dangerous counter charge potential. Fallow could fit in here, and offers some protection, but forces Thresher to play a little closer to the pack. They compete more for Harvest Markers (Tater rarely needs pull one apart from emergency healing), but there's the potential to just give her influence I guess...

Yeah that line up makes sense, but puts her in direct competition with Tater. Gonna need more games to decide if she can fill that role, reckon it's gonna be a tough choice. 

I think she and tater are situational swaps for each other.  Vs a lot of 2" in the opposing team it can make sense to bring in Fallow if you expect Tater to be shut down on the counter charge front.  Similarly if it's an assassin squad which can dodge into their targets, Tater might not protect someone where Fallow could with Between a rock.  They do a similar job in different ways and I think both are in the 10 for sure so it's a case by case decision which to put on the pitch.

Played a couple of games with Fallow today, and Get Stuck In! was a pain in the arse. I actively had to deal less damage to avoid Get Stuck In! triggering so my later attacks wouldn't lose a load of dice. Every time I rolled 5 hits, I had to drop it to the 4th column and take :2: instead of :3::P:. Felt like Get Stuck In! is part of the balancing of the character, as it actually restricts her damage a little (obviously it's not enough, as she dominated both games I used her in - making Thresher hit her while he is also engaged by Tater and Grange is nasty).