In this thread:

It was determined that a ball could be unsnapped, and thus placed, in such a way that a throw in would be required.

If a ball can be place so that a portion of it overlaps the edge, does this imply that other "placed" markers or effects could also be? I can't imagine that there would be much benefit to the first of these but the others have me curious.

1) Markers - Harvest markers, traps, Mother's nests and the like. Most analogous to the ball and makes me think that they can be

2) Theron's Forest, Smoke's Legendary and AOE's that specifically state place - It is placed and there may indeed be cases that this is strategically beneficial to the team placing. Something is making me think that so long as the center in within bounds it would be legal.

3) AOE's that don't specifically state "place" (noxious blast, molotov, and the like) - Again I would assume that as long as the center is in bounds it would be legal. These could also have strategic value, most specifically in formats where the pitch is narrower than usual.

Didn't want to clutter up the previous post as it was similar but not DIRECTLY related.

1 hour ago, MilitaryCoo said:

AOEs and markers, with the exception of the ball marker, must be placed completely within the pitch.

For the sake of completeness, Snowballs can be placed off the pitch like the real ball marker, correct?

If Flask is within 23.1 mm of the edge of the pitch, is he prevented from using Smoke Cloud?

3 hours ago, MechMage said:

For the sake of completeness, Snowballs can be placed off the pitch like the real ball marker, correct?

Snow balls are ball-markers, yes.

3 hours ago, MechMage said:

If Flask is within 23.1 mm of the edge of the pitch, is he prevented from using Smoke Cloud?

Yes. Effectively, he can use it but the template cannot be placed/is removed immediately without any effect.