Sign in to follow this  
JacctheInsomniac

A Thread to Talk About My Problem(s) With the Hunters

Fair point that, Rambo. Henry Kay is one of my local players and to be honest I usually try to avoid playing good people because I don't like getting absolutely hammered.

I need to up my game by going up against the Talent. 

7 minutes ago, Lee said:

Fair point that, Rambo. Henry Kay is one of my local players and to be honest I usually try to avoid playing good people because I don't like getting absolutely hammered.

I need to up my game by going up against the Talent. 

Don't get me wrong when you're new to the game it might not be the best idea to play people ranked <20 in the world. If you're looking to improve your game, I've found it a helpful way :)

Oh I'm not new, I'm just not very good. Mainly due to inconsistency in my interest in playing, which itself is directly linked to how well I play. It's a vicious circle.

I am improving though, so my interest is way up at the moment :D

There's not that much of a difference between a "very good player" and a "good player" honestly. The current game is very balanced and the rankings aren't a accurate description of skill really. All it takes is practice and a bit of consistency. 

1 hour ago, ForestRambo said:

There's not that much of a difference between a "very good player" and a "good player" honestly. The current game is very balanced and the rankings aren't a accurate description of skill really. All it takes is practice and a bit of consistency. 

If you are talking about the Longshanks rankings, they give quite a lot of weight to the number of games played. A player that has always won against all the top 20 players in that ranking might not make it to the top 20, for example. Not saying it's a problem with the system, it's more like a feature, but like ForestRambo said, it means that the rankings might not reflect skill perfectly.

2 hours ago, ForestRambo said:

Don't get me wrong when you're new to the game it might not be the best idea to play people ranked <20 in the world. If you're looking to improve your game, I've found it a helpful way :)

I've played against @h3m3 multiple times, right from the beginning of my humble Guild Ball experience. Very educational, and always good fun. When you're new and trying to learn the rules, it can be a great motivation to see a master at work, and those rules applied to their fullest potential.

Of course it helps if said player takes the time to explain what he's doing instead of just noob stomping.

3 hours ago, ForestRambo said:

....and dice rolling luck. (Honestly...I swear...I am cursed whenever I play at my LGS... I can't hit the broadside of an Ester) :P