Sid

Skulk is a new Spook

Skulk was the model designed at UK Steam Con in November 2016, going from concept to 3D print to painted model over three days.

He was designed as a rat-catcher, and the idea suggested last year was that he might be a Union player ... since there aren't the models for a full rat-catcher team. But maybe given the Union in Chains story now underway they've decided to make him a mortician instead as the Union is pretty much broken up.

I imagine his card has changed significantly from last year's version after playtesting.

Skulk expertly speed-painted by @sious_69 last year and posted in the forums:

CyO5HMHWEAA0IuY.jpg

1 minute ago, CaerSidis said:

So he is Morticians Guild only? Not a Union Player? So Morticians get 2 new Players in a row?

Impossible to say before we’ve seen his card, but his packaging certainly indicates that he is a Mortician model.

Peering at it, is the emblem on the left bottom corner the SFG one or a ratcatcher’s guild emblem? Looks like the cog edge of SFG, and the emblem behind him is clearly morts, so it seems likely (though odd for a new guild to lose a model immediately :P )

Like @LeadDiceandBeers said, not long... I’m betting someone will clear that up on here before I’ve even gotten my swag bag open :D

edit: I’m almost sad, as I was hoping for a shot at morts getting a new vet in the design seminars. That seems unlikely if he’s morts now as well as hemlocke!

6 minutes ago, Mako said:

Peering at it, is the emblem on the left bottom corner the SFG one or a ratcatcher’s guild emblem? Looks like the cog edge of SFG, and the emblem behind him is clearly morts, so it seems likely (though odd for a new guild to lose a model immediately :P )

Bottom left emblem is the SFG cog, and the Morts logo is both behind him and on the bottom right.

I don't think Skulk will see a general release for quite a while.  He'll probably exist in a state similar to season 2 Tater.  I wouldn't call that the Morticians getting two new players back to back.

On 12/11/2017 at 3:50 PM, MechMage said:

I don't think Skulk will see a general release for quite a while.  He'll probably exist in a state similar to season 2 Tater.  I wouldn't call that the Morticians getting two new players back to back.

Scroll to the bottom section of this blog post...

http://steamforged.com/sfg-news-blog/sfg-holiday-sale

The swag box is going on general release in the holiday sale, so everyone will have a chance to pick him up

1 minute ago, Wynter said:

Scroll to the bottom section of this blog post...

The swag box is going on general release in the holiday sale, so everyone will have a chance to pick him up

That’s not general release though, it’s still a special event thing isn’t it? I suspect he’ll still be in tater-limbo for a while, until he sees general retail release.

Just now, Mako said:

That’s not general release though, it’s still a special event thing isn’t it? I suspect he’ll still be in tater-limbo for a while, until he sees general retail release.

Lucky hasn't gone on general sale but is tournament legal.

Let's face it, they could call it either way.

4 minutes ago, Wynter said:

Lucky hasn't gone on general sale but is tournament legal.

Let's face it, they could call it either way.

That is a damn good point, I’d forgotten Lucky...

We’ll find out soon I guess!

13 minutes ago, kaladorm said:

This suggests SFG swag box will be on sale, so if it contains Skulk that counts as general release?

Doesn't mean It counts as General Release, GR Is when Its In your LGS but as with Lucky, SFG might rule It can be used at Tournaments. 

1 hour ago, Kueller said:

Doesn't mean It counts as General Release, GR Is when Its In your LGS but as with Lucky, SFG might rule It can be used at Tournaments. 

@kaladorm And of course your local TO can make whatever released model legal at their event since an "official" list doesn't exist. Qualifiers and Con would likely wait for general release unless the model is for sale at the venue.

If you get him and wanna run him in your local league/tournament I'd just mention it to your TO ahead of time.

I love skulk... its a goalie, different to others and so fits perfect to Mortis... Goal Rats is a little complicated. would be easier he had the Trait from vVelocity, but maybe that would be to strong..

But again a big Base (40mm) is that the unique touch of Mortis? The Guild with the Big Bases that Player does not need?

He looks like a fun goal keeper that could really mess up some strikers day by just following them around all game and making them rubbish at kicking the ball.

Big base and 2" melee covers a big area I guess. Makes those auras nastier.

7 minutes ago, Rontath said:

Has anyone opened a Swag Bag and seen the current rule card for Skulk? I haven't found him leaked on the net like Bolt and Farris have been.

He’s been posted in the GUBS Facebook group.