• Announcements

• Mako

Tales of Infamy   12/13/2017

Looking for more Guild Ball content? Just in the last week we've had new episodes of Singled Out, Double Dodge, Strictly the Worst and Don't Touch the Beard, as well as blogs from ForestRambo and MidwestWargaming! Check out Tales of Infamy in the Guild Ball section
Steamforged

New, Shiny Rookie Cards!

9 minutes ago, Falkman said:

I just get this error message:

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.

Error code: 2C171/1

Try again, I hadn’t ticked the right box on something :D

One of Zarola's traits, "Pack Master" shares its name with vGraves's Heroic "Packmaster".

Given the loose naming convention the abilities seem to have I can't imagine that's of consequence, but it was kinda fun to spot nonetheless.

So for those of us that weren't able to go to steamcon or watch the keynote, why are there 9000 versions of Venin? Still in early stages of planning/tweaking?

3 minutes ago, jumbaligha said:

So for those of us that weren't able to go to steamcon or watch the keynote, why are there 9000 versions of Venin? Still in early stages of planning/tweaking?

You pick one of the 2 fronts of the card and one if the 2 backs of the card. Each time you play a game with him you level up either the front or the back. 

55 minutes ago, Redtiger7 said:

Anyone notice this was posted November 8th, but didn't show up until now? Talk about internet lag! :lol:

Or maybe the faint whiff of planning (or me pleading, hard to tell)? ;) :lol:

Honestly, I’m surprised no one’s spotted that before now. :D Good eyes!

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:33 AM, Pending Forum Suspension said:

Anyone else surprised SF actually managed to find playbooks worse than Jac's or Zarola's normal ones? Haha

Zarola I can understand... Jac's playbook is great for what he wants to do.  My days of taking you seriously are coming to a middle.

22 hours ago, Jedianakinsolo said:

Zarola I can understand... Jac's playbook is great for what he wants to do.  My days of taking you seriously are coming to a middle.

Well I mean probably good you didn't take it seriously since it was a joke. ;)

Jac's playbook is pretty well regarded as poor. He does the stuff he wants to do without using it most of the time. His plays are what make him. I run him almost every game but rarely make attacks other than counter attacks because they offer poor return vs what he, or other players, can do with that INF.

Zarola and Jac could both use adjustments on their playbooks. That being said; they are sterling examples that if the character/heroic plays are good enough, you don't need a playbook that matters to be successful.

Sorry if we don't see eye to eye on everything. We're on the internet and I've heard that happens from time to time. I find you rather critical so I spose it doesn't surprise or bother me. Hope you enjoy the rookie league mechanics as they look like quite a bit of fun. 

@Pending Forum Suspension I'm from Omaha :p. We're nothing if not critical.

I like Jac but I think his playbook is good for what he does. Any better and I think he'd be broken. 

No rookie league for me. Never been a fluff or league guy. I only get so many games in and I want them to be as true to competitive form as possible. When I was single and no children, I could play two, three times a week, and then league might be ok to switch it up. Not now lol.

1 minute ago, agoodm01 said:

Why is blue level 5 Chisel's Where'd They Go not OPT?

At level 5 the rookies kind of leave sanity and restraint behind, so they’re more powerful than their ‘real’ versions. 

Im hoping for enough rookies that I can have five rookies and a mascot, and pick one to go to 5/5 and limit the rest to 3/3 - that way you get a captain level version of one model, and more sensibly powered others :)