SirDregan

Painted miniatures

18 hours ago, Ironmonger said:

Damn, I want base inset packs just like those! Are they custom made for each mini?

I don't think so. I gave them screenshots and instructions and I think they painted standard bases / added stuff i wanted like the moss. But the result is great so I'm happy :)

2 hours ago, SirDregan said:

I don't think so. I gave them screenshots and instructions and I think they painted standard bases / added stuff i wanted like the moss. But the result is great so I'm happy :)

Yeah, but that's way more then just paint and moss! The bases are flat and plain, not covered with cobblestones and tiles! 

17 hours ago, Ironmonger said:

Yeah, but that's way more then just paint and moss! The bases are flat and plain, not covered with cobblestones and tiles! 

Oh now I know what you mean! Yeah, these are bases you can buy and they painted them to match the dark souls style. Like these here: https://tabletop-art.de/Cobblestone-Base-Starter-Deal-RL

9 hours ago, Arcueid said:

Hi, how did they add relief to the bases ?

You can buy those unpainted. You'll have to cut off the figure, pack the new base onto the old one and set it back on again.

4 hours ago, Arcueid said:

Any idea to make something similar with actual bases ?

You can get what you need from here: 

http://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/

You can order up greenstuff and a roller with the sort of a pattern you like. That would probably be the easiest way to add texture to the existing bases.