Pending Forum Suspension

Let's not jump to any conclusions but...

So the ferryman wrote a letter.

We now have the Hunters/Morticians Union in chains threads locked and a confirmed vMinx going to Hunter (looks dope as hell) and vHemlocke going to Morts. The thread got closed early which I don't expect for the other 3 but it does set a precedent of a team that doesn't win getting a different model. Not saying we should stop playing or anything like that but it does make me wonder who would be up for grabs if we were to lose Gutter.

Presently these Unioner members play for us: Fangtooth, Gutter, Hemlocke, Snakeskin. Taking Gutter out of the equation we have:
Snakeskin is not an option for plot reasons (start spoiler) she dead yo (end spoiler)
Hemlocke can't because obviously she is a Mortician now.

This leaves us with only Fangtooth. (if we stick to traditional lines)

Assuming that Brewers win (haha how could they not at this point?) that leaves us as the only team the big guy plays for that doesn't have a Union in Chains model. I don't think this necessarily means this means that is what is going to happen though. With the Solthecians presumably doing their own thing and Rage MIA right now we simply are not left with enough eligible models for everyone to get someone unless Rage and A&G get distributed which I find unlikely (but not impossible.) Not really a whole hell of a lot going on until the Steamcons so why not just speculate to our heart's content? What say you seadogs? Are we getting a Veteran Fangtooth if we lose? Might the Butchers get a Seasoned Rage if we win? Will it be new models all around? Could more models follow in Brisket's footsteps and abandon their old homes the same way the American Football lost it's mind when Nebraska left the BIG12? Zombie and ghost players? Giblin makes an appearance as a model? Speculate away!

Well, Velocity died, but she seems to be doing ok on the pitch these days.... I expect her in the Engineers.

You also forgot Avarisse and Greede. Seeing the Fisheresse conversion, I'd be ok with that if it looked anywheres near as good as that. 

I kinda hope that either Fisherman's get Gutter and Botcher's somehow get Seasoned Rage, or Botcher's get Gutter and Fisherman's get Veteran Fangtooth...

I think a Veteran Snakeskin could go to the Alchemist's or Engineer's; she could maybe be resurected (Frankenstein-style) by the Alchs (by Kat?) or turned into a mechanica, for example... 

Fishy Vet Fangtooth would be dooooope. Here's my take.

“Be calm little gull. Return to the rock pools from which you were born. Let the brine cleanse your wounds while the tide soothes your mind. You are finally home and the Deep Gods welcome you with open arms.”

- Hag

With Fangtooth’s return to the fishermen he must certainly trim down. We can see his increased MOV and KICK stat which will help him try to match the pace of his teammates. He also moves up to 3+ DEF to reflect a slightly more nimble frame. However the increased dexterity does come at a cost. His health pool is drastically lower and he no longer has Gluttonous Mass.

However, this gentle giant still packs a punch. He retains a heavy portion of his original playbook, including his Knock Down on the first Colum. His new Character Play Pfiesteria reflects Fangtooth releasing his ills onto his enemies! Pfiesteria always does damage momentously, but is especially devastating when used against an already weakened opponent.

While no longer quite as Odorous, the effects of his stench are still felt in the land and water absorbing his disease. Stagnant Waters replaces Foul Odor, giving a similar effect with a different flavor.

As Hag looks to undo the physical and mental trauma inflicted on Fangtooth, he learns to center himself with the calm of the sea. This is shown by his new Heroic Play “Fangtooth Collected”. During his time in the Union Fangtooth would damage his allies to improve his performance, he is now able to go into a meditative state to heal his Guild Mates.

Xj2nEJr.png

Overall the Fishermen gain a powerful ally focused on protecting those close while disrupting those who’d seek to enslave him to his old ways.

I like a lot of your card. Stagnant Waters is solid and helps buff the defense of Fish by taking away attack (either by not being available or by running out of INF fast) 6" is maybe a little big but otherwise I dig.

Fangtooth Collected is kind of a weird ability but I like it. I imagine him flopping on his stomach and rolling away, laughter of course being the best medicine for his teammates.

Pfiesteria... oh man. While I would genuinely kill someone for this play on our team it just looks too good. Momentous 6 damage and bleed on a 2" melee model. I realize that you wouldn't always get the extra 3 but it just looks unrealistically OP, especially with Corsair as a buddy. I'm not sure how I'd rework it but I do really like the idea of extra damage if under the recovery point, that is a neat idea. 22 health with no tough hide/GM seems reasonable. 1/3 INF means he is likely competing with Kraken for a spot but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. 

Honestly, I'd still go with Fangtooth, just because he does kind of look like something out of a Pirates of the Caribbean movie. The kit listed above is solid, and is at a minimum where I'd start from when trying to build Fangtooth in a way that the Fish murderball lineup likes.

And while its implied that A&G separate, they of course end it on a cliffhanger, and there's the whole adage of 'don't count your chickens until they hatch'. 

As much as I think veteran Av is going to be sweet; I don't think Fishermen is where he'd fit the best nor that he'd the best fit for us. Hopefully we just get Gutter and it doesn't matter.

The idea of the two possibly separating through this new story point is interesting. It, in fact, now leaves us with one too many Union characters if everyone gets a home:
Decimate
Gutter
Fangtooth
Avarisse
Greed
Rage
Hemlocke
Minx
The Hat

9 players for 8 competing Guilds. While I would assume we don't get a direct answer (unless in the form of a veteran model) to Greed's fate, I kind of got a "Of Mice and Men" vibe from Avarisse where he is going to put down his former companion. I'd love to see Greed wind up with the Engineers. I think him riding a Mainspring into battle is hilarious.

Blacksmiths don't really seem to have room for anyone not "of the fold" because of their rules. This could be amended such that one swaps an apprentice for a Merc but I don't see it. Perhaps someone winds up with the Farmers. There is room and it would keep parity once Farmers 2 hits shelves. Farmer Rage sounds like a fun time and fluff wise they are a man down. Perhaps Greed becomes a Mascot for the Church. So many possibilities. They've certainly not written themselves into any corners.

Well it looks like there is no new Gutter for us and at some point in Season 4 her normal version as well as Fangtooth, Snakeskin and A&G will become defunct and forever banished to the shelf to be with Hemlocke who was already there.

It sounds that from the QnA like there will be no new Guild models in Season 4 for us but you never know Fangtooth or A&G could end up in  the minor guild we get a veterans.

I'ld be worried about the teams options sans Union, but new rules should mean new interactions and so a changed meta. Hopefully with the removal of the Union and the changes to important core mechanics some of the Fish may actually get a full overhaul between the seasons.

I'm not upset by this - going into SteamCon, it was nice to see we were ahead, but according to the fluff I don't see how she ends up fitting in. Even if we're short a character or two, I'm not upset. I think current Fish lineup is strong and can continue to win without "help".