Sign in to follow this  
Stubbyholders

Don't forget the Potatoes

The moral to the story is, don't forget countercharge. 

Playing into Midas, the game was always going to be about the midfield. I received with Grange, Peck, Tater, Grace, Harrow, Jack.

I knew it would be a cagy game, in the end I waited until the last activation, setup Grange as a bait piece and let a Lure of gold Katalyst come at Grange.... Tater said no and this setup a turn 2 goal run and kill of Kat.The counter goal was academic, but I had the midfield. We played a bit more with the Farmer healing being important to stop andy easy takeouts. Jakob hunted the ball and I hunted his players. But turn 3 I had another kill and was looking for a goal. A great play off to my right saw Venin tackle dodge and fire a pass to Crucible for a snapshot and it went to 8-8.

the Game was in a grind, I kicked it up the middle and while Jakob tried to get the ball back I went about killing another model. In the end I managed to get the ball onto Jack in goal range with a teleport and shot with enough Momentum for the bonus time. Jakob charged with Vitriol (who had a vengence token on her) and I chose to let him try, but countered as I would automatically get the Tackle and KD....... he had to roll 6 x 5s..... to wrap and get the tackle push dodge.... which he did. So then he passed off to an engaged crucible for another snapshot.... this time the dice said no.

So it turns out that Grande can kill midas no worries when he is on 7.... so I did this and won the game.

IMG_8539.JPG

Sign in to follow this