• Announcements

• Mako

Training Ground   02/14/2018

There’s a new section in the guild ball area designed to help rookies, but it needs others to help out - why not write a post for it? Anything that’s good for people to know, whatever faction they’re starting out with!
Sign in to follow this  
Redtiger7

Rookie Tournament?

Noticed tehre was a rookie tournamnet taking place at Steam Con US. Rookies?!?! I thought that plan was abandoned. And when do those of us who can't make it to the con get to see these rookie cards? :)

18 minutes ago, Redtiger7 said:

And when do those of us who can't make it to the con get to see these rookie cards? :)

Probably about a minute after the con-goers have gotten their hands on them if I know the internet. ;)

Just now, AduroT said:

Or was it maybe just a tournament for newer players?

No, the info specifically mentions how it works, it’s a league where you get a special card for one of your players and upgrade them from game to game.

On 11/5/2017 at 12:44 PM, Falkman said:

Probably about a minute after the con-goers have gotten their hands on them if I know the internet. ;)

Hopefully SF previews them before the con. 

Right? :huh:

I doubt it we see a preview before the cons. I think as close as we are to UK we wind up seeing them on the internet first. Definitely not bashing anyone with this but I would also not be super hopeful for news between the two cons. Not saying we won't get ANYTHING but the team struggles a little with getting stuff out when they go to an event someone else is putting on. I can only imagine that hosting their own cons with 2 weeks of each other is going to through some stuff into flux.

What I am curious about, and hasn't been mentioned, is whether or not rookie league kits will be available for pundit purchase. Would be cool for those attending to get these out their communities quickly while the hype is big.

Cool! But it also brings up so many questions: 

When will those of us who can't make the con get the rookies, and how? Will we see rookie versions of all players eventually? Will these be playable in regular games?