Selfy

Engineered to Perfection?: Mascots

Let's debate:

The mascot's. Mainspring and Mother. They all good? One need a buff? One need a nerf?

How do you see it?

Your opinion is invaluable to me.

I like both. And the free pass and the Explosion of mainspring isnt Bad at all.

Mother has more Tricks and Synergies.

But the bug Support very easy with no resources... i play them 50:50 in my games.

Edit: some would say mainspring need a little buff...Maybe a smal one.  But i am happy with both of them. 

I play morticians too. There mascots needs realy realy help....Engineer mascots are good and superb.

51 minutes ago, Silversmith said:

Ok.  I will start another post about Mascots for the “debate”.

Isn't this one perfectly fine? ;)

I only ever use Mother. Mainspring does not even compare to it. Mother lets me attack from unexpected angles, bypass Unpredictable Movement, disengage from scrums without any danger of being tackled. That's a lot. Also, I can grab a ball from 11.8" away.

Mainspring brings one free pass and using her can literally backfire. I'm thinking of maybe using her in Ballista gunline, but cannot see a proper way of doing that.

Mainspring makes a fantastic guerilla attack on your opponent. Also a great threat to make the snap shot goal with no momentum.  Yes Mother gives more options, especially with Hoist, but Mainspring is still a very valid choice.

I play Mother almost exclusively, but Mainspring is an awesome mascot. The momentous tackle on column-1 is great. I like to keep the Cockroack in the mid and back-field feeding amazing snap shot opportunities to Velocity or anyone else with range of the opponent’s goal. A true battery, Mainspring almost never needs to be assigned INF. Were it not for the flexibility offered by the Hoist-Mother tag-team, I’d be a-okay with fielding Mainspring all of the time.  

I take mother over mainspring every time, partially because she is a 40 mm base, not a 30, this lets me use her to block charge lanes/ goal shots more easily.

in games where I don't have compound in my lineup, she makes for a very good goalkeeper, as a well-positioned nest and careful placement mean that the opposition striker will usually be shooting at -1 or -2 dice, (not enough to stop some dedicated stickers but enough to deter most, and if/ when they miss mother is then in a perfect position to snap the ball, burrow away drop the ball on hoist, then throw out another nest marker to boost hoist next activation.

that coupled with the ability to always be able to retrieve the ball when receiving makes her my go to pick.

its not that mainspring isn't good, but mother is just better