Sign in to follow this  
AaronHypetrainWilson

A new blog dedicated to the Hunters guild

12 hours ago, ForestRambo said:

Another event this weekend with my usual ten. After a very tough final against Thresher in the final, I took the win 12-0 going 4-0 and taking the first event with my Hunters. Will be writing this up for the blog soon :)

Got Ya back bro... 12-10

Congrats! Awesome read as always. The last game was great, seems lie you did excellent job positioning at the start :) Nice to see what hunters are capable of!

3 hours ago, Malritch said:

Well done!

Thanks dude :)

1 hour ago, GeroJr said:

Congrats! Awesome read as always. The last game was great, seems lie you did excellent job positioning at the start :) Nice to see what hunters are capable of!

Thanks mate, It certainly felt I was playing at a higher level then I was previously in this game. If Seenah hadn't had screwed it up dice permitting I think it could of been a even more convinging win, but dice are dice. Appreciate the kind words on my ramblings :D

2 hours ago, ForestRambo said:

I will have some time this Sunday to throw a article on the blog, does anyone have any requests you'd like to see written about? :)

Might be a tad counter-intuitive for a Hunters blog, but since you're quite knowledgeable on this Guild's mechanics, you would also be THE person to ask how to dismantle the Hunters. :P Sure, this is totally different for each Guild, but there could be some pointers, like i.e. clearing Snared or healing? When to engage on Seenah? Who are prime take-out models? Etc.

While it would help people trying to overcome their problems when facing the Guild, it's also helpful for your actual readers, the Hunter players themselves. They'll see the weak links, they see what to look out for and who to protect. They'll see what kind of tricks they can do to try and fake out certain situations.

Sounds aight?

3 minutes ago, Nykolae said:

Might be a tad counter-intuitive for a Hunters blog, but since you're quite knowledgeable on this Guild's mechanics, you would also be THE person to ask how to dismantle the Hunters. :P Sure, this is totally different for each Guild, but there could be some pointers, like i.e. clearing Snared or healing? When to engage on Seenah? Who are prime take-out models? Etc.

While it would help people trying to overcome their problems when facing the Guild, it's also helpful for your actual readers, the Hunter players themselves. They'll see the weak links, they see what to look out for and who to protect. They'll see what kind of tricks they can do to try and fake out certain situations.

Sounds aight?

Yeah this would be a interesting article for my self to write as well, thanks dude :D I'll get it done Sunday :)

Bonescon was excellent.

I played Fish on Friday went 4-1. Players Hunters on the Saturday, 28 players and 9 fishermen players! I had to play Corsair 3 times n the day. I ended going 3-2, beating Scalpel, Filet & Corsair once and losing to Corsair 12-1 (This game went SO bad) and lost to Corsair 12-9 (Game was super close but I got behind on team as the opponent was playing a super grindy denial game with the ball), 

Tough day. 

Corsair is rough. That's a lot of games to write up, but maybe you could just post a top ten plays of the weekend, or interesting interactions you appreciated. 

I went to a event today, I went 3-0 bue due to the story opening times the event had to be called at 3 rounds. Me and a friend were both at 3-0 and I placed 2nd due to SoS. I played Theron v Tapper 12-0 Theron v Smoke 12-11 (This game was SO close) Theron v Ballista 12-5. Another good day for the Hunters, I won the Masons from the Mystersy Box & Lucky. Taking a look if I bought the Hammer Mason box I'd have the whole guild.. seems rude not to right?

On 2/24/2018 at 12:43 PM, ForestRambo said:

I went to a event today, I went 3-0 bue due to the story opening times the event had to be called at 3 rounds. Me and a friend were both at 3-0 and I placed 2nd due to SoS. I played Theron v Tapper 12-0 Theron v Smoke 12-11 (This game was SO close) Theron v Ballista 12-5. Another good day for the Hunters, I won the Masons from the Mystersy Box & Lucky. Taking a look if I bought the Hammer Mason box I'd have the whole guild.. seems rude not to right?

Congrats.

So one of my friends picked up Engineers and they're a bit of a pain. They don't hit hard...until they do (Deletion and Tooled Up is stupid), and they're surprisingly hard to kill with reanimate. I'm about 50::50 into them at the moment, but feels fleeting and it's always too close for comfort.  So what's your usual gameplan into Ballista and Pin Vice?

I have a 5 round event coming up on Saturday. I'll be writing that up for you guys :)

On 28/02/2018 at 6:51 PM, Anudem said:

Congrats.

So one of my friends picked up Engineers and they're a bit of a pain. They don't hit hard...until they do (Deletion and Tooled Up is stupid), and they're surprisingly hard to kill with reanimate. I'm about 50::50 into them at the moment, but feels fleeting and it's always too close for comfort.  So what's your usual gameplan into Ballista and Pin Vice?

Engineers can be tricky but I find the match up is good enough. Pin Vice can delete a player a turn, but is usually soaking up 7 influence to do it and it's all she does. We also have a lot of good counter attacks against her (Theron & Jaecar mainly) and Zarola is safe. It also means if Pin Vice is doing that she's not contest the ball or doing legendary jank and Theron, Fahad, Jaecar, Minx, Zarola & Seenah will 100% our fight a Engineer team. Go for the fleshy parts first (Ratchet, Salvo, Mascot with a Bear Hug) the tougher parts next (Velocity, Pin Vice, Ballista) and you can just try and the toughest (Hoist, Collossuss) though if the toughest players aren't attacking the ball what they're doing is hugely impactful.

If Ballista is trying to do the range game, MO onto Jaecar breaks it up and will give you the momentum race (they should end on maybe 5, you should end on 6) even better if Jaecar can get in and you can MO Seenah. Seenah ruins a snared Ballista, 3/1 Tough Hide just means he is DEF2 and you roll all the dice in the world. Zarola is also a pretty good place to keep the ball against Engineers as they don't have many good ways of playing around her UM. (Velocity Acrobatics, Hoist Burrow are the only ideal ways I can think of) 

Great read once again Aaron! Thanks for these reports and congrats ;) It seems like you went from not playing Seenah that much to turning her into a killing machine :D