Sign in to follow this  
ForestRambo

A new blog dedicated to the Hunters guild

Congrats on the new episode.

Generally i found very hard to listen this podcast. Let's say, usually they are very far from what interests me.

The guests used to bring quality and you did it very well. 

1 hour ago, Bbzs said:

Congrats on the new episode.

Generally i found very hard to listen this podcast. Let's say, usually they are very far from what interests me.

The guests used to bring quality and you did it very well. 

Appreciate that mate, thank you! :)

I would love to hear about your game.  I know you said you where not going to write it up but there seems to be a real lack of quality hunter material.

3 hours ago, ForestRambo said:

I'll write it up, as the people demand!

Ever the slave to your public hay dude?

7 hours ago, ForestRambo said:

I try man, I try.

https://forestrambo.blogspot.co.uk/

Today I'm back with my latest event breakdown and it's a biggie! I take a good look at my 4 games and where I placed on the day :D Check it out. 

Only game you lost was a Hunter mirror with Vet Hearne and Chaska. Elite models confirmed!

29 minutes ago, Anudem said:

Only game you lost was a Hunter mirror with Vet Hearne and Chaska. Elite models confirmed!

No vet Hearne in that match but I never leave home without Chaska and almost always play him.

We ran the same 5, @ForestRambo ran Minx I ran Chaska

5 minutes ago, Charlie said:

No vet Hearne in that match but I never leave home without Chaska and almost always play him

Should have brought the stoker of mediocre, Vet Hearne!

oHearne? More like Oh why?

Normally I would favour oHearne over vet Hearne myself but I think it massively depends on play style. 

One of the things I find most interesting with Hunters is how different people favour different players in the same situation and even people who use the same player don't necessarily use them in the same way. 

They seem to be more affected by player style than most other guilds. 

12 hours ago, Anudem said:

I won the first mirror against vHearne & Chaska. I lost the second where the only players we didn't share was Minx for me and Chaska for Charlie and to be fair both of them did there fair share of nothing and then got killed.

It was an incredibly challenging game, both of us having access to Pinned made positioning anything super tricky. That then backed with both of us having Midnight offering meant we were always trying to second guess where players would end up. That was then only compounded by us sharing the same 5 players, it was one of the most mentally intense game I've played ever. 

To be fair to @Charlie my dice were pretty hot for most of the game, with Charlies being fairly average (I think he missed like 4/5 character plays on my Theron). I do think though (And this could just be bias) at the super critical points of the game (Seenah failing to hit two 1" pushes only to be pushed off the table herself as well as Therons last activation) mine failed me. 

I also think I could of gone with a different model my last activation.. but then Hindsight is 20/20 and it's all to easy to say that after rolling the dice.

All I will say is it was a fantastic game, Charlie played a excellent game and is no doubt one of the top Hunter players in the U.K right now. Thanks again for the game mate, here's to the next one :D

1 hour ago, ForestRambo said:

Thanks again for the game mate, here's to the next one :D

Was a incredibly challenging game. I thank any close game is always going to hinge on one or two key moments and that Theron/ Seenah activation was massive at that moment. 

I definitely felt we both only ever had tough choices in almost every action.

I'm looking forward to the rematch now I've had time to recover. Cheers again man.

To be honest to a point most mirror matches will probably hinge on a set of activation dice roll's, one will succeed and the other will fail, thus an action will happen or worse still, the player does not get, say a snowball to give and go or pass and move (to which I have failed to get the snowball), or that playbook mom dodge (got to dodge and shoot now I was in range), or that bonus timed Fahad goal shot (missed to lose the game) etc., etc..  

Another event this weekend with my usual ten. After a very tough final against Thresher in the final, I took the win 12-0 going 4-0 and taking the first event with my Hunters. Will be writing this up for the blog soon :)