Sign in to follow this  
ForestRambo

A new blog dedicated to the Hunters guild

4 minutes ago, ningu said:

Now I just need to work out how to use this info against you :D

Awww nuuuuuuu. To be fair, I don't think you need too much helping beating me :D

1 minute ago, ForestRambo said:

Awww nuuuuuuu. To be fair, I don't think you need too much helping beating me :D

*rolls up sleeves* Let me show you the last event I went to: I placed 12th. I need all the help I can get.

http://www.longshanks.org/events/?event=628

In all seriousness: thanks the article, it was great to see the reasons behind your Captain choices.

40 minutes ago, ningu said:

*rolls up sleeves* Let me show you the last event I went to: I placed 12th. I need all the help I can get.

http://www.longshanks.org/events/?event=628

In all seriousness: thanks the article, it was great to see the reasons behind your Captain choices.

I didn't go into detail on every single match up, if there's any you want real detail in I can. I think most are sort of self explanatory bar the ones I touched upon. 

I read your blog today while I was working, well no, not entirely.. I took time off from work to read it.. Okay I just plainly didn't work for a good while but it was a good read! 

18 hours ago, Furnace said:

I read your blog today while I was working, well no, not entirely.. I took time off from work to read it.. Okay I just plainly didn't work for a good while but it was a good read! 

I mean that sounds like the appropriate thing do at work! Thanks as ever for taking a read.

So I had a event at the weekend, was a crazy tough field as like out of the Uk top 25 there was 8 of us or something. 

Was a GiC event, lost the first game v Smoke. I got to 8-8 and Theron had a 3 shot dice on goal to win, missed and Minx got Witness Me by vKatalyst and lost. Won the next 3 (12-2 Theron v Tapper, 12-10 Theron v Filet, 12-5 Skatha v vRage). I used bait the trap all day. Ended 3-1 but placed 5th out of 16 due to SoS fucking me.

Will write it up for the blog soonish. 

5 minutes ago, angyi said:

"Brewers - Skatha
Butchers - Skatha
"

source: Hunters matchups and GIC's overview @ forestrambo.blogspot.com

;)

Yeap! I lost the first round and decided I couldn't win the event so just played Theron as I like shooting people in the face. Played Skatha in the last round as vRage is one of the few match ups I think Theron is hugely disadvantaged when compared to Skatha. 

On 1/18/2018 at 4:12 AM, ForestRambo said:

So this weekend I'll be writing up last weekend's event and in other exciting news I'll be recording with Singled Out soon to talk about Hunters. 

God, that podcast is torture to listen to. I'll download the episode you're on to hear that  hot Hunter tech.

Thanks for reporting, good read as always. My formatting issues if you don't mind:

- I know it would be impossible to give detailed info about all the moves you both made, but it's not easy to follow the game if only the path of the ball isn't covered. Eg. Skatha passes to Minx, next turn, Skatha scores. Behold the silly look in my eyes :)

- It would be very very useful to give a short resume of players' performance. Eg. your last game you drafted Ulfr, but didn't mention him at all in the report. I'd be interested in how your drafting decisions paid off, was each player useful or not etc.

Thanks anyways, I learn a lot from these event coverages!

15 hours ago, angyi said:

Thanks for reporting, good read as always. My formatting issues if you don't mind:

- I know it would be impossible to give detailed info about all the moves you both made, but it's not easy to follow the game if only the path of the ball isn't covered. Eg. Skatha passes to Minx, next turn, Skatha scores. Behold the silly look in my eyes :)

- It would be very very useful to give a short resume of players' performance. Eg. your last game you drafted Ulfr, but didn't mention him at all in the report. I'd be interested in how your drafting decisions paid off, was each player useful or not etc.

Thanks anyways, I learn a lot from these event coverages!

That's fair, I wrote this report a week after the event and my memory of it was pretty terrible. In the above situation Minx snapped the ball back to Skatha last activation. 

In the second, Ulfr did exactly nothing all game. Turn one he walked and used Where'd they go and then got 0 influence all game.

Both fair comments though, I'll keep it in mind and try and make more accurate reports. Writing them closer to the event date is probably a better idea, this weekend the event is on Saturday, so I'll try to write it up Sunday so I can produce a higher quality article. 

Thanks as ever for taking time to read my ramblings man, appreciate it.