Sign in to follow this  
ForestRambo

A new blog dedicated to the Hunters guild

I like the blog, BUT the grumpy old man in me finds myself playing grammar police and I hate myself for saying this however its a blog and loads of folks will hopefully read it.

Their spelt THEIR means it is their game, their tactics and their ideas not mine.

There spelt THERE means over there and not over here.

www.forestrambo.blogspot.com

Hey guys, today I decided to take a look at the leader of the pack, Theron. Take a look at my dissection at the master of the hunt and why I think he's a total boss! 

15 hours ago, Myyrä said:

The security certificate on your web page is invalid. Firefox really doesn't want to go there. You might want to fix that at some point.

Sorry I'm a bit of a noob.. what does this mean? 

2 hours ago, ForestRambo said:

Sorry I'm a bit of a noob.. what does this mean? 

It seems like the problem is gone now. It was probably blogspot that had messed something up and now they have fixed it.

The site used to provide a https certificate that belonged to another site.

So the event went well. 14 Players with three of us from the UK top 20 there. Out of the 14 players, 5 farmers...

I played Hunters mirrors round one and then played Thresher, Peck, Tater, Millstone, Harrow, Jackstraw the next 3 rounds. Took second place, will be writing this up this evening :)

Looking forward to the write up as always @ForestRambo. Congrats on your finish over the weekend. Thoughts on Farmer's... people just not used to playing against them or new powerhouse emerging? They seemed to fair pretty well over at SteamCon USA as well :P 

Both statements are true, but that doesn't mean Thresher isn't currently TOO good. Thresher, Millstone & Tater need some quality of life changes as well as the team currently interacts with their harvest markers. 

Sort of what I thought while watching a bunch of the streaming this weekend.

I really hadn't been paying much attention to them. I have the first 6 Farmers... but they aren't even out of the box to get paint on at this point... and the guy who was supposedly going to play farmers... just hasn't really shown up at the LGS in months... so none of us really have any experience going up against them at all. (Only really 4-5 of us salivating for games where I am... hoping to grow it a bit more here!)

37 minutes ago, Malritch said:

Looking forward to the write up as always @ForestRambo. Congrats on your finish over the weekend. Thoughts on Farmer's... people just not used to playing against them or new powerhouse emerging? They seemed to fair pretty well over at SteamCon USA as well :P 

I think both of these are true as well. They seem pretty powerful, and also quite new. Obulus was like this at a time, and having played him, and against him, I saw both sides of the battle. But, Obulus had been around from day one, and people still had a terrible time playing against him even tho they had somewhat figured him out. I would like to wait and see, a lot of players do a great job of figuring out ways to shut problem models down on the pitch over time and with the release of new models. 

I would say if Farmers just dominate over and over, and it creates a non fun playing experience for others, then it's time to bring out the hammer. I do like how SF Guild Ball does this, unlike Wizards of the Coast, who wait forever to fix these issues. I also like how SF redesigns stuff to make it better, and not just ban something. 

I have yet to face Thresher, but the Grange led farmers I faced, I felt rusty from not playing the Game for awhile, and a new guild against them. I wonder if they game would have been so much in my opponents favor if I'd have suited up my MOrticians and dropped them on the table against his farmers.

That being said, some teams just won't match up well against others. That's what keeps the game balanced.

On 11/3/2017 at 3:03 AM, ForestRambo said:

Hey guys, recently have had a real connection with a guild in the game and decided to blog about everything Hunters here! Did a bit of a introduction article, would love to have you guys check it out :D

www.forestrambo.blogspot.com

You've inspired me to start my own blog! 

I'd like your input on this.  Why do you think oHearne is better with Theron that Vet Hearne?  Outside of the obvious forest synergy, what does oHearne bring to your Theron build?  Yes, the forest teleport is strong, but how often do you load up oHearne with influence?  My experience has been that Vet Hearne's last light is very synergistic with Theron and he brings an extra influence to the party.  Being able to fuel up character players, with character plays with the Last Light/Sun Strike combo has been very strong in my games.  BOTSF is a good heroic, but it feels redundant with Theron.