Calum Todd

Old Father's Harvest - New Farmers box

So pictures of the new box have surfaced. Finally get to see Fallow! Release date is 12th January 2018.

DNk2KY3WkAEXJdo.jpg:large

The Guild Ball official Twitter account has some painted ones (Fallow looks different though!)

Mixed feelings - I'm thrilled to see them painted up far beyond my painting skills, it's good to see that for those amazing painters out there they can still make the one piece PVC plast look outstanding. 

I'm not so thrilled to see Thresher on general release, that guys a bloody nightmare. 

These boxes do show some REAL value for money though, which is a huge positive thing. I'm no real hobbier or painter (outside of my Horus Heresy army) so boxes like this just make my life so much easier. Quick to purchase, paint and play. 

Pig goal is pretty funny, I can dig it. Think this is the first time we are seeing Ploughman's sculpt too (though it may have been shown somewhere.) Fallow pretty well matches the concept art we've seen so not too many surprises there. For some reason I don't think I have personally seen Millstone's sculpt before but I think she is probably my favorite in the box, possibly 2nd to Buckwheat.

Seems to be a little confusion on base sizes as well.  Retail pic has Buckwheat on 50mm and Ploughman on 40mm.  The painted pic has Bucky on 40mm and Plough on 30mm . . . 

Other than that, love them!  Pig-inna-tin bath is hilarious!  :)  So hoping they'll be on pre-release at SteamCon.

27 minutes ago, Cassaralla said:

Seems to be a little confusion on base sizes as well.  Retail pic has Buckwheat on 50mm and Ploughman on 40mm.  The painted pic has Bucky on 40mm and Plough on 30mm . . . 

Other than that, love them!  Pig-inna-tin bath is hilarious!  :)  So hoping they'll be on pre-release at SteamCon.

The card has Ploughman on a 30mm, so I assume this is just a perspective or early-prototyping issue...

For example, looking at Tatter, it's obvious this is just individual pictures (of the 3d masters renders, not actual production models, it seems) that have been combined into a single promotional piece, instead of a single picture of all models taken at once...

Edited by Spinsane
Quick correction...

7 minutes ago, Spinsane said:

The card has Ploughman on a 30mm, so I assume this is just a perspective or early-prototyping issue...

For example, looking at Tatter, it's obvious this is just individual pictures (of the 3d masters, not actual production models, right?) that have been combined into a single promotional piece, instead of a single picture of all models taken at once...

That would explain why Buckwheat looks like he could eat Seenah and have room for dessert.

11 minutes ago, MilitaryCoo said:

That would explain why Buckwheat looks like he could eat Seenah and have room for dessert.

Well, that donkey is nasty...

Almost as much as the Concrete Donkey is in Worms... (shit, I'm wondering now, was this intentional!?)

6 hours ago, Spinsane said:

Well, that donkey is nasty...

Almost as much as the Concrete Donkey is in Worms... (shit, I'm wondering now, was this intentional!?)

Sod Bucky, The Concrete Donkey shall, for now and forever, be Buckwheat's nickname.

Now I await a suitable model from the Solthesian's to entitle 'The Holy Hand Grenade'.

That donkey is a sweet sculpt.  I don't think he's as crazy on he field as people say he is, unless I can Sic 'em into a target 2'' from a harvest marker and have full influence on him.  That'd be pretty funny.

Does anyone know?

... do you have to order this through a local gaming store, or will it be available at some point to pre-order on the Steamforged webstore with the farmer's box? Or might it be available at Steam Con if anyone is able to go shopping there?

Alternatively, have any of the usual web-shops listed farmers+Millstone online, or is it best to drop in in person or phone them up?

6 minutes ago, ADG said:

Does anyone know?

... do you have to order this through a local gaming store, or will it be available at some point to pre-order on the Steamforged webstore with the farmer's box? Or might it be available at Steam Con if anyone is able to go shopping there?

Alternatively, have any of the usual web-shops listed farmers+Millstone online, or is it best to drop in in person or phone them up?

SFG has said that for the time being you can only get from your LGS, In the future they might be at Cons and such but not for a while.

On 11/2/2017 at 10:26 AM, Raistlin13 said:

I really like them.

I hope for web pre sale during steamcon. 

This probably wont happen due to them not pre-selling blacksmiths after gencon. 

Hey hello!

A little question.

Is it true, that the new box is only in english? As the other was multilingual... e.g. had cards in diffrent languages.

Bolgon

5 minutes ago, Bolgon said:

Hey hello!

A little question.

Is it true, that the new box is only in english? As the other was multilingual... e.g. had cards in diffrent languages.

Bolgon

It should come with the card packs in the same language variety the other two boxes came with.

The second boxes are english only. I asked at SteamCon and they said this was intentional.

I suppose this hast to do with the card printing service they briefly talked about at SteamCon.

Thanks for the answers.

I have no problem with english cards, but sometimes you buy a mini and get it with german cards here in germany an sometimes in english.

I would like to have them in one language. So it seams it will cost extra...