Sign in to follow this  
jahatch28

Fillet Falls Flat Fighting Farmers

Fillet confidently took to the pitch with Veteran Ox, Shank, Boar, Meathook, and Princess following behind her.  Standing opposite her was a team she new little about... Some old man named Thresher, a handsome, young Tater, an odd Jack Straw, a fresh-faced Bushel, and a stubborn Harrow... with a flock of chickens and a rooster named Peck...

0I99c1a.jpg

Things started well... Fillet kicked off to the Farmer's left, near Peck and Tater.  The rooster grabbed the ball and pushed it towards Jack Straw, missing, but it scattered to Thresher.  Fillet than launched herself (with the aid of 2" bonus range on her AOE due to a plot card) into Tater, caused her bleed condition to affect the Rooster & Jack Straw as well, and then through her Legendary to damage them all.

Harrow tooled up Jack Straw, and then Shank, now having a damaged target in Peck, launched across the field and turned the chickens and rooster into fertilizer... 

Thresher & Jack Straw & Tater were able to do some damage to Fillet, but they hadn't count on her assault and were unprepared for it... The ball was slowly passed down the lines to Bushel on the far right flank of the Farmers while the rest of the Butchers moved forward as far as they could in anticipation of some blood letting in the following turn.

PyI6FQW.jpg

Turn 2 started with Veteran Ox seeing that he could charge into Harrow, and with any luck, grab Jack Straw, Thresher, and Tater and pull them all into him... freeing up Fillet and Boar and Shank to come into the Farmer freely picking on the easiest target...

He ran with drool flying out of his mouth at poor Harrow... when out of nowhere, Tater comes barreling in on a counter-charge that Ox didn't even see... and knocks the poor old veteran down before any blood is dealt... shutting down the Butchers counter-moves for that turn and leaving Fillet in a bad place... 

Seeing a goal run, Bushel monopolizes on that and passes and moves and gets the ball back, turning the corner behind Meathook to score (dice results were 1, 1, 1, and 6 on a bonus timed shot BTW.. lol).. 

The ball comes out on the Butchers right flank near Shank and Princess.   The Farmers probably should have focused on Fillet and not the ball at the time... by leaving Fillet alive, Boar is able to come charging into Thresher and with Berserk and Furious and 1 influence is able to bring the Farmer's Captain down to single digits and generate enough momentum to stand up Fillet and Ox.. strengthening the Butcher's lines... 

Despite the recent damage, Thresher is able to rally and throw up his Legendary and with all the gang ups on poor Vet Ox, he is able to take him out, heal himself, and put some swings into Boar...

Fillet tries to scrape back from the edge of defeat, bouncing between Thresher, Jack Straw, and Tater.. but she isn't able to do enough damage to take any one of them out without leaving herself too open for counter-attacks... 

Tater then comes over to take Fillet out... putting the Farmers up 8 to 1 at this point...

Shank can't decide if he needs to score or put the hurt into the Farmers... he decides to try to do both.. goes for the goal, and gets it! Putting Butchers up to 5... And then at the start of the next turn, takes out Peck (again) to bring the game to 8-6 in favor of the Farmers...

Bushel is also in trouble.. and after Meathook and Fillet lay into her, she gets take out... but just as quickly, Thresher finishes of Boar.. putting the Farmers up 10-8... 

In what should have been the final turn, the Farmers fail to kill Shank.. leaving him on just 3 health... but with no way to get the ball and score, he must be covered in the feathers of Peck as he is just a sitting duck for those 2 VPs...

nxrQO02.jpg

Fillet tries... tries.. tries to grab the 4 VPs she needs to win... she charges from WAY across the pitch into Jack Straw... chewing through him and his reanimate with brutality and taking him out and then bouncing into Harrow... but she isn't able to put enough into him to take him out (his healing aura saved the day)... and with that, Thresher steps into Shank and knocks the sociopath out of the game. 

All in all this was as brutal a game as I have played... Farmers have a TON of health and were able to weather a storm and come out on top... I totally messed up with Veteran Ox by allowing Tater to get that counter charge in which just set the whole team back and eventually lead to Ox, Boar, and Fillet being taken out.. .while if i had seen that and positioned differently, I think I could have generated the momentum I needed and pulled his team out of position ...

But not seeing a counter-charge is always going to backfire on you!!! 

Sign in to follow this