Sign in to follow this  
Silversmith

So I did the PV, Ratchet, Hoist thing with GIC

That was incredible. I loved that I could put deletion and tooled up on Hoist and Deletion on Ratchet with mechanical heart and destroy 2 models turn 1, but for 3 life or so each.  And my models recovered the damage during maintenance.  That was fun!  Jaecar, Chaska, Hearn and Theron all eventually bought it due to Hoist.  I played a 4,1 game for the first time this season as far as I can recall.  WCRT is the Pin Vice card for sure.

Posted because Engineers seem to be a quiet lot right now and we need discussion.

7 minutes ago, Silversmith said:

Posted because Engineers seem to be a quiet lot right now and we need discussion.

It's always quiet here.  It's either we're too busy doing math or we just seem to have a potent and pleasant set of models to put on the pitch.

WCRB is an interesting way to compensate for PV's CPs.  I'll have to try it.

I like to use Ballista over Pin Vice for the gunline approach.  IMHO momentum is much more useful than some extra damage.  Sure it takes longer to kill anyone, so maybe that's the balancing factor.  I'll give it a shot your way.  

I really love the idea of the GIC, but I'm torn between the desire to roll out Pin Vice and the need to hedge against the possibility of kicking to my opponent, which I feel is a great way to have Ballista upfield making friends with whichever poor soul is stuck playing fetch. If I knew I was receiving, I'd be popping Ms. Vice on the pitch all day. As it is, I'm bullied into playing Señor BFC. First world Engineer problems :P

Kicking with velocity under pin Vice gives you a pocket goal at any time during the turn you wish to take it.  There are extremely few areas of the pitch that your opponent will be able to hide the ball that stop her from getting in and scoring.  If you have knee slider even better.