THE_DOJO_MIKE

Tournament 10 (do we even need union?)

After playing multiple events with butchers throughout the seasons, I have started thinking about the inclusion of union members to my 10 man roster. With Harry's beating power nerfed and the need for more 2inch models, I am starting to find that it is difficult to want to take them. My tournament 10 is Ox, Fillet, Princess, Boiler, Meathook, Tenderizer, Shank, Vet Ox, and both Briskets.

So after that lengthy introduction....What union members do you play and why? Why do you choose them over in guild options? Are Harry, Minx, and Decimate our only real Union options? 

2 hours ago, MechMage said:

Minx is very efficient, which Fillet loves.  Decimate brings Second Wind.  Beyond that, the Friendly Guild keyword is probably more important for butchers than anything on the union's cards.

How important is 2inch reach to you in a butchers team? I love the efficiency of minx but also have a hard time because of lack of reach. 

A lack of reach is probably butchers' biggest weakness.  Personally I like to mitigate it with Boar and Shank, although they come with their own complications.  The 2" mercs can't really justify their influence with as much damage as butchers do and vOx is a more durable gang up.

Minx's lack of reach is usually off set by the fact she is fast enough to get where she needs on a charge, and usually then dodges 5in away after (playbook+back to shadows) so there are less wasted influence stacks than say Fillet or Ox.

I like her in Fillet. @malladin.ben prefers Rage. Outside that I don't hear a lot of competition for Union slots, especially as Ox is happy with a home team

I like rage in any team you take boar in. Having two threats that they have to think about tying down or let them wreck face is the key advantage I'm seeing from him. I'm not sure minx scares your opponent as much. I happily use rage with Ox too, and in fact I'm finding myself on team Ox right now because of rage.

I've been considering gutter and decimate for my teams lately, but only for Fillet as i think Ox really wants a pure guild team. But now I'm wondering if I even want to bring a union member in my Fillet team, I really don't think we want rage, decimate would be great with the second wind play but then what else is she bringing, gutter has some nice plays but I could replicate her drag with vOx's chain grab, and Minx who has some really good abilities its just that when you think about it all she is doing is just trying to get her character play or do enough damage to snare and hide in the shadows.

I'm more willing to try decimate since playing Scalpel, as turning Fillet into the same kind of long range missile that can dance back to safety with second wind is pretty tempting, but I'm not sure I want the rest of Decimate enough over say Shank/Boiler