HeroQuestFrance

Building your own scenery

I know many of you will start to think about a real 3D scenery.
This topic is for you : share photos of your work, step by step : how to recreate the RPD entrance or building, the chaotic streets, sewers factory or lab.
If you have ideas , need advices, need to share links about material it's here !

So I start it myself.

About the factory and lab, I have thousand pieces of Dwarven Forge Sci Fi sets. Miniatures are 32mm so I'll have to cut the bases and put instead a transparent base for each miniature very thin otherwise I'll have some scale problems. I found thousand at very low prices on ebay.

The sewers are the dwarvenite from Dwarven Forge + this prototype just below :
6416c6.jpg
e05oc0.jpg
bjx2.jpg
i79bb6.jpg
24zkmf7.jpg
jpv6o3.jpg

About the RPD, I have an idea I'll show you later.
The streets are right now my first problem and it's where the action will take place first with RE2 so I have to hurry because the countdown has begun.

@HQF - This is a great idea for a thread, hope it keeps going!

Like you and I previously discussed I'm very interested in making an RPD facade, but I won't even start on it until I get the game in my hands, and can accurately measure the game board tiles and figures, etc.

Looking forward to keeping up with this thread over time!

LOL

About the squares, I asked several times Sherwin and others but no answer.
I guess the squares are about 4 or 5 cm for the side since you can see in the demos one zombie can enter the square of Leon (the first one).
I have 2,5 cm transparent bases I will use for all the miniatures (excepted the giant boss without it : no need)

I already used those bases for 32 mm miniatures and it goes well to reduce a little bit the height.
The problem with Resident Evil is that 32 mm is incompatible wih most of the 3D scenery based on 25 & 28 mm as Dwarven Forge Hist Arts, Mini Worlds, Dungeonext etc so I'll have to fix it immediately once the package is received.

Just below an example :  a 28 mm miniature in metal with his natural base to the right that suits perfectly and a reaper one (32 mm) that is too high.

1501495414-dscn2202.jpg

The base itself of the reaper miniature isn't enough thin. By putting a transparent base of 2mm, I gain between 0,4 & 0,5 mm in height witch is enough to adapt it in my 3D scenery. A hard and long work  at the opening ...

From a french friend who is doing traps, sewers tiles and rotative room compatible with Dwarven Forge / Mini Worlds / Dungeonext 3D modular boards.

He's name is KWARP.
http://lessouterrainsoublies.fr/Decors3DKwarp.html
Contact is at the bottom of the page.

I asked the unpainted sewer set from him.
And another friend did the same paint to match the dwarven forge sewers.