Egghead

Which miniature are you most excited to paint?

So I'll preface this by saying that my paintbrushes are already drooling and while I want to answer "Duh! Like.. ALL of them!" I won't... for now.

So, which miniatures are you most interested in painting?

For me it's not the ones I expected... I figured at first glance I'd be all about the big boss models and such, but as time went on I have a few that I simply can't wait to tackle:

• Bandaged Leon
  • Sherry Birkin
  • The flaming RPD zombies
  • The morgue zombies
  • The modified zombies
  • The crawling half torso RPD zombies
  • The corpse markers

So these have topped my list of ones I am most eager to paint. What about you? What is at the front of the line for you?

Cheers gang...

I think I already mentioned that I really want to start painting miniatures again... and although I am lacking experience, I think I would go for the most important ones first as I am afraid I might lose patience or run out of time at some point...

I might start off with the doors just to get a feeling for priming and washes and then go for the main course like this :

• Ada and Alt Ada
  • Leon and all Alt Leons with slight color variations
  • Clair and Alt Clairs
  • Annette and William Birkin (and then Sherry)

I think that's all for now ... I want to have all the playable characters board-game-ready to increase the immersion during play...

Most excited to paint both Adas.  Waking up yesterday with a good amount of $ to go for the alternate Ada was scary.  I can't believe we made it to the Kendo.

After the Adas I'm really excited to learn how to paint gore, bile, and other technical effects on the monsters.  It's not something I have a lot of experience with but I'm excited to learn.

1 minute ago, angelforge said:

Most excited to paint both Adas.  Waking up yesterday with a good amount of $ to go for the alternate Ada was scary.  I can't believe we made it to the Kendo.

After the Adas I'm really excited to learn how to paint gore, bile, and other technical effects on the monsters.  It's not something I have a lot of experience with but I'm excited to learn.

I can help you for sure... there are a few great tricks I've picked up. I'll probably make a video for my YouTube channel about it before the RE painting starts...

Tamiya Clear Red is your best friend. I use mostly Vallejo & P3 waterbased acrylics, but I do own one jar of Tamiya Clear Red enamel just for blood effects. It looks good by itself, but over a small amount of black it gives the appearance it has dried up and gotten darker and thicker in places.You can also mix it with Uhu Glue 50/50 and make neat stringy gooey effects that will actually harden. There is also Citadel's "Blood For The Blood God' technical paint, but while it's ok, I haven't been overly impressed with it yet. But as for bile... Citadel's "Nurgle's Rot" technical paint is very cool.

Hi Egghead saw yor videos on youtube after the Kickstarter, you can defitly go for the Ada and the lickers! 

And a question you recomend some site to buy the things to start painting? here in Brazil we dont find this easy :(

7 minutes ago, Gravus said:

Hi Egghead saw yor videos on youtube after the Kickstarter, you can defitly go for the Ada and the lickers! 

And a question you recomend some site to buy the things to start painting? here in Brazil we dont find this easy :(

Hey Gravus. I'd suggest Amazon... it's where I got a lot of my stuff, after doing my research and figuring out what I wanted. I oredered most of my Vallejo paints, washes and inks from Amazon, as well as a lot of my tools. For my airbrushing stuff I got a lot of it on Amazon or TCP Global (almost everything on the TCP Global site is on Amazon and a bit cheaper too). And there is a place called "The War Store" here in the US that I was able to buy my entire P3 line of paints all in one go, but I am not sure if they ship outside the US. Might be worth looking at their site and checking. But yeah man, Amazon is your friend. For brushes however, I am a staunch supporter of Rosemary & Co. ... her Series 33 Pure Kolinsky Sable brushes are amazing, and they're based in the UK but ship worldwide I believe.

Hope that helps man and let me know if I can help in any other way. Cheers dude!

I really envy the painters here. I broke my right wrist (im right handed) years ago and haven't had a steady hand since. I had to stop painting my Warhammer miniatures. But I'm looking forward to pictures from people in the months following the launch of the game. 

Also if anyone currently paints and has a Twitter etc with their work and it's ok to share on these boards feel free to send them my way! 

1 minute ago, Cee said:

I really envy the painters here. I broke my right wrist (im right handed) years ago and haven't had a steady hand since. I had to stop painting my Warhammer miniatures. But I'm looking forward to pictures from people in the months following the launch of the game. 

Also if anyone currently paints and has a Twitter etc with their work and it's ok to share on these boards feel free to send them my way! 

My main outlet is my YouTube channel: Egghead Hobbies, but I also have a FB page for it, as well as Twitter, Instagram and soon a stand-alone website as the central hub to it all w/a blog, etc.

I'm currently painting an ongoing project for Descent: Journeys in the Dark 2nd Edition, as well as the Goblins expansion for the Labyrinth board game. This winter I'll start on my "Big Trouble in Little China: The Board Game" series once the pre-orders ship out, and then next year obviously RE2 will be my all encompassing obsessions.

Feel free to hit me up any time man, looking forward to watching this all unfold and helping people where I can along the way.

22 minutes ago, Egghead said:

My main outlet is my YouTube channel: Egghead Hobbies, but I also have a FB page for it, as well as Twitter, Instagram and soon a stand-alone website as the central hub to it all w/a blog, etc.

I'm currently painting an ongoing project for Descent: Journeys in the Dark 2nd Edition, as well as the Goblins expansion for the Labyrinth board game. This winter I'll start on my "Big Trouble in Little China: The Board Game" series once the pre-orders ship out, and then next year obviously RE2 will be my all encompassing obsessions.

Feel free to hit me up any time man, looking forward to watching this all unfold and helping people where I can along the way.

Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to check out the channel and see what you've produced. 

On a side note. I had no idea there was a "Big trouble in little China" BG. I'm going to have a look into that as it sounds like my kind of thing. 

Thanks!

Weirdly enough I'm looking forward to painting the doors myself. Getting a good friend of mine to possibly do all the other minitures (not sure if I will get them doen as Id be worried about wear on them as Ill likely end up playing the thing way more than i should lmfao. GF's already assured me itll be a weekly thing in our house)

I am so looking forward to getting back into painting for this. I am with The Undead Dwarf, I am definitely going to paint the doors very soon after I get them, as well as the typewriters, item boxes, etc.

As for the regular minis, I'm looking forward to painting what me/my brother would probably play first. Leon, Bandaged Leon, Claire, Ada, William Birkin, and HUNK. Also Mr. X, as he is my favorite RE monster ever :)

I did forget to add the doors and typewriters to my list. I'm excited for those too. Being an OCD geek I'm gonna be pulling reference photos for the next year to be sure I got each and every type of door...

I wonder if I will actually paint any of mine. Haven't done miniature painting since my mid teens (in my late 20's now) I pretty much do art based stuff every day so I think it will help in the end, who knows I might go back into mini painting again I haven't honestly decided yet xD

9 minutes ago, dadajuice said:

If I would be able to paint them I'd saw the different William forms and Claire :P But I have no skill.

No time like the next year to learn. People like me make videos on YouTube teaching how to paint. You can practice on cheap little miniatures for the next year and then do your RE set proud when you get it. 

I really envy the painters here. I broke my right wrist (im right handed) years ago and haven't had a steady hand since. 

9 years ago I got a cancer that destroyed my arm bone. They cut the bad part & used a kind of artificial cement to fix it.
However the cancer was back again in august this year so they cut everything to be sure this time it won't be back.
They made a bone graft. After 3 months, I'm able to paint again (not yet to write) and type very quickly on the keyboard.
I'm sure you can do it again. Patience is the key and you'll be more precise. This morning was doing some paints to pass time.
Never give up Cee ! 

I really envy the painters here. I broke my right wrist (im right handed) years ago and haven't had a steady hand since. 

9 years ago I got a cancer that destroyed my arm bone. They cut the bad part & used a kind of artificial cement to fix it.
However the cancer was back again in august this year so they cut everything to be sure this time it won't be back.
They made a bone graft. After 3 months, I'm able to paint again (not yet to write) and type very quickly on the keyboard.
I'm sure you can do it again. Patience is the key and you'll be more precise. This morning was doing some paints to pass time.
Never give up Cee !