Hello everyone!

I thought it might be a good idea to collect all the suggestions that were made during the kickstarter in this place to avoid them getting lost and maybe get a confirmation or veto from SFG on them. Everything that's left when the game ships can then be added via houserules/homebrew :)

1. Symbols on the blue dice - a couple of people are afraid that the dice in their current state are too unforgiving, while others stated that the dice are perfect. Some people suggested to just add an additional single hit to all (or just the blue?) dice. I have an idea that might cater to both sides. Why not add 1 single hit to half of all the dice? That way people can randomly select from the pool or intentionally go for the dice with better or worse odds.

2. Put the abilities on an extra set of small cards - the character sheets will simply state what ability each character starts with, but players are also free to pick or shuffle and draw the cards in the beginning of the campaign. That way you can add abilities that do not match any character, but could potentially increase replayability.

Those are just some random thoughts I wanted to get out there ... I have another idea regarding modular character sheets, but that's not fleshed out yet :)

Have a good one everyone!

Morning!

I do feel the dice seem quite unforgiving. But in all honesty I also like that element of difficulty somewhat appealing, but do not want it to impact the fun. Harsh dice combined with the tension deck could well make it unenjoyable for a large portion of the community. Essentially it seems like we need an easy and normal mode or atleast a compromise this all comes down to the dice imo. So I'm interested in seeing what suggestions others have.

In terms of the abilities suggestion OP made I'm easy either way, I've always been under the impression that options are good. So long as it doesn't make the game and tedious to keep track of for casual and (soon to be) veteran players. 

Anyway have a nice day! 

In the kickstarter comment section some of the ideas for dice included the ability to dodge and push enemys without changeing the dice. Can't remember the exact details, but hopefully people who came up with the ideas find this post!

Happy to be a part of RE community again.

Cheers

To me, the dice seems fair as far as shooting goes, but I think the probablility of evasion could be higher (I was in favor for evasion dice) . Just my thoughts. 

@Lickerbait I think Orange suggested to print evasion symbols on the blue dice to make them look less 'boring/empty'. I think someone else suggested to have one side present a combination of evade and hit, which represents you dodging and taking one hit... but I guess that would interfere with the whole dodging/getting hit mechanic.

8 minutes ago, Evildeadite said:

I’d like to see an alternate set of dice for Easy mode. Make it an additional purchase, but the dice could have an additional damage side.

Currently you have a 33% chance to push or do damage. Adding 1 side for damage would make the odds go up to 50%.

This is somewhat what I mentioned and if those odds are correct I'm inclined to agree with you. 

I've always added/paid for a 2nd set of dice, if happily take an easy mode set as those and just have 1 set of each. 

@Cee if they add one single hit on half of all the blue dice and a double hit to one of the red dice, I would be very happy already. And with an extra dice AddOn you would get the double amount of each and could even swap them later on.
- Easy : easy dice and regular tension deck
- Normal : regular dice and regular tension deck
- Hard : regular dice and hard tension deck

1 minute ago, Flohsors Redfield said:

@Cee if they add one single hit on half of all the blue dice and a double hit to one of the red dice, I would be very happy already. And with an extra dice AddOn you would get the double amount of each and could even swap them later on.
- Easy : easy dice and regular tension deck
- Normal : regular dice and regular tension deck
- Hard : regular dice and hard tension deck

I really like that idea alot!

I would love to see this get tried out from the planning/dev side of things and considered. It not only adds more options for the players, but it also means people can select difficulties depending on how many players, exp etc.

I'd like to see what others think about the idea. 

My only two things (so far):

1: On the blank faces of the die, there should still be something printed in white... if not a single hit or a double hit, then maybe an Umbrella symbol or a scratchy "X"... something to build the anticipation when the dice are rolling. I've noticed when the dice are rolling, you kinda can already see what's going to turn up when they stop moving, because the blank faces contrast from the 'hit' faces. If there was anything printed on them you would have less of an idea until they stopped, you looked carefully and reacted after they stopped spinning vs before.

2: Sherry with Claire's vest - I'll beat this one into the ground... we got SO many alts (which I am stoked for, not an alt hater here). Surely they have plans for the last possible alt. I think someone said "It'd be a cool surprise to get your box and a little thank you note from SFG and she's just in there for free" which is cool. Their 'tease' towards the end of the campaign means something is already in the works, and Sherwin's cryptic teases add to that. SO I am hopeful we'll see her eventually... guess my question is how & when.

@Egghead

1) I really like that idea and completely agree with you in regards to anticipating a certain result when rolling the dice and half of the sides are completely blank.

2) I think SFG have hinted at something yesterday. I would say we sit tight and wait... still missing my "You unlocked Alt Robert Kendo" Update :D

You can also increase the number of blue dices :  roll 2 blue dices for each bullet.
You can also decide each zombie has to receive 5 or 6 impacts until they die.
Possiblities are huge !

Someone wanted to swap abilities between the characters meaning for instance that Leon could get the Ada's ability instead of his "Cool under fire".
It will be easy to do :
- just cut cardboard tokens of the ability size that suits perfectly on the character sheet.
- on the computer, make a lot of those tokens with the ability of each one written on it. (do not forget to add a background that matches with the character sheeets)
- paste it on the cardboard you just cut and plastify it
- before starting a game, everyone chooses his miniature, take the appropriated character sheet and draw 2 abilities in a black bag.
- discard one of your choice and place the second on your character sheet.

Now your character is yours but beware it can destroy the scenarios (harder / easier)

One idea at the moment I have on my mind, is when entering the R.P.D. Since I know they tested Irons as a mini boss/NPC and it didn't do well with those ideas, however even with that in mind one idea I came up with is that Irons himself has the ability to shoot the lights out within any of the RPD rooms. What this will do is change say a green safe room into a amber/red room dependent on dice roll. Another ideas is to make zombie Brad a dangerous zombie (One Dangerous Zombie Mode from REmake) where during the RPD campaign minus the green rooms, Zombie Brad always spawns and cannot be killed otherwise the whole precinct goes up in flames. Anyway just some ideas for now. xD

As for the dice thing, there is always the option of modifying a set. Say you want "easy mode" dice, or want to add another single or double hit... you can buy an extra set of dice and add your own decals, cut vinyl or painted symbols to make your own set of 'house rules' dice. I will not be surprised if a lot of people end up doing this for themselves. While I don't take either side in the statistics or probabilities of the current dice, I think there's a point where we have to accept that SFG will test and make them the best they can, and we take it from there and modify to fit our own individual needs.

I was thinking that you could make your house rules like so: red dice for all guns, and just use the blue dice for zombie dodging and attacks, etc but just I'm going to sit tight and wait for the rulebook to be shared

For better gun gameplay, instead of using three bullets and dice, just roll 1 dice per shot and remove the proper amount of shots, but can still only shoot up to 3 times

@blackcat12345 I think in the streams people had to pick one result whenever they rolled more than one die. In most cases it isn't a big deal, because most cases will have you dealing with a zombie that's a goner when it suffers one damage. But actually it doesn't make much sense when you fire 3 rounds with a gun and the target has more than one health (for example lickers). An easy fix would be to count each shot separately, as you said. Additionally I would like to repeat my little houserule (based on Sharkey) :

1. Push-Knockover for zombies. If you happen to roll 2 pushes, the zombie will be pushed away first and then knocked over. It will require an additional reaction or turn to get up, before it can engage any player character.

Chances of getting two pushes aren't that great so I don't see it as a gamebreaker :) 

@Egghead I am willing to accept what SFG will come up with, but I believe we are currently in a situation where our suggestions might inspire them and lead to even better results. ;) 

I do think the game seems kind of hard on the dice judging from the videos. I like some ideas I read here :) I know they are trying to replicate the in game danger, but to be honest Resident Evil games are not THAT hard ... I mean I can easily evade a great deals of enemies without any problems.

I'm in favor of having a way to increment the odds of dodging an enemy when he's alone. I love the fact that when there are more its more difficult like it should be, but one zombie behind so hard to dodge is king of weird ... Imagine what it will be to try to dodge a zombie dog.

In the game there a gemmick that for each 3-4 bullets shot at a zombie he's pushed away. Something easy to implement in the actual game would be that if you shoot 3 bullets it automatically pushed back or something like that.

And I really would love the idea of knocking them over with two pushes on the dice.

1) As others have said, add 1 single hit face to the blue die, add 1 double hit face to the red die. Game can be balanced with having a few more enemies on the board to increase risk.

2) If you fail a dodge roll with zombies only, push the attacking zombie away from you. This happens in the video game, should be reflected in the boardgame as well as it can be too punishing taking numerous hits on numerous failed rolls.

3) Create metal tin Item Box that can hold item Cards. When playing, cards can be stored in and taken from this box when a character utilizes an item box. For campaigns these cards are kept in the box throughout all scenarios if stored. For example, look at metal suit cases in The Godfather: Corleone’s Empire:

Godfather_Suitcases.jpg

Love the box idea ... it could be represented as a sort of item box and would make it easy to carry items for multiple sessions :P But if it ain't happening that's the sort of thing that can be easily done by ourselves. That's something great about board games haha You can easily customize the experience.

Hey everyone, Patrick here. I proposed this idea in the Kickstarter forum a WHILE back: One way to make the dice feel less oppressive would be to make a certain bullet expenditure give you an automatic push, which is really what it is like when you play the video game. For instance, if you spend three bullets in one action to shoot a zombie and you roll all blanks, you still get to push the enemy to another square. It wouldn't be that complicated rule-wise and you could keep the dice as they are. Overall it would make your use of ammo a more meaningful and tactical decision. Just a thought. 

@Sharkey welcome to the club :D 

to 1) I think a lot of people would like to see at least one additional single hit on the blue die (that would aslo go very well with the push-knockover ;) ). I didn't think about the red die too much yet. I was just thinking that a 75% chance to hit with the shotty is a bit too low. With one extra double hit you will get to what, like ~90% ? Maybe add one single and one double hit to the red die and only roll one? The problem is, I haven't seen any other weapon that utilizes the red die as of yet.

to 2) I will have to rewatch all the streams I guess, but did you suffer damage when failing to evade? I guess that happens on the zombies' reaction, right?

to 3) absolutely love the idea :) and while @dadajuice is correct and we could get our own solution for this, I would like to see what SFG might come up with :) 

I think the idea of them still able to attack after failed rolls is similar to Bio 1 if you don't push any buttons zombies can kill you. as you never knock them back without pushing anything its automatic in RE2/3, So from my perspective I don't mind the way it as at the moment. The tin is a good idea, as long as there is a random zombie spawn in them, because who would suspect a zombie hiding in the item box of all places? ;)

1 hour ago, Flohsors Redfield said:

to 2) I will have to rewatch all the streams I guess, but did you suffer damage when failing to evade? I guess that happens on the zombies' reaction, right?

Yes, failure to evade is a bite of they occupy the same space. 

Speaking of containers... ;)

I'm going to try making a custom carrying case for the game thats essentially a suped up Umbrella Briefcase. However I think i'll be on the safeside and wait for the game.to arrive to get all proper dimensions and see if its feasable.

f96f3ce9ed3abacf17ce7e2bc47ac535.jpg