LobsterMooch

Happy successful kickstarter everyone!

What a ride! Great last minute SG grab!

How did you all find the campaign? I loved the interaction and how much SFG listened to the backers and provided much loved goals!

Really excited to see the final product, I am a long time RE fanatic, and when I first heard a boargame was being created I was extremely skeptical and found it hard to believe it would have been done justice. 

I am so glad to have been proven wrong. The sheer love this project has been shown blew my concerns away. And the fact we have all of the characters that appeared in the game, even oh so briefly, is a Testament to the care and love SFG have for this franchise. Well done guys!

Yes, congratulations to all!

I remember hearing news of this floating around, and I was officially hooked once the official Resident Evil Facebook Page shared the kickstarter link. I am absolutely with you, I am not really a board game fan, but I am very, very much into Resident Evil, and this game looks so promising. Given the amount of detail, the add-ons, the characters that were chosen, etc, you can tell SFG put a lot of heart into this.

Seriously! Annette Birkin? Brad Vickers? Never expected them to be playable. Makes me hope for a Resident Evil 3 expansion or standalone at some point. The Raccoon City games (2, 3, and Outbreak) are my favorite stories in the RE franchise.

I also really enjoyed this campaign which was my first ever kickstarter (although I was lurking a lot during the Dark Souls kickstarter). I hope SFG will finish this one properly and give us an "update" with the Robert Kendo alt unlock... I will miss these updates in the days to come xD

It was also my first Kickstarter :) Really happy that we unlocked everything we could. RE2 is my favorite all time game and I can't wait to revisit it in board form. Hope there will be a lot of discussions on this board concerning the game.

This is only my second Kickstarter. I imagine my next one will likely be the next RE game they choose to do. Wink Wink Steamforged! I love tabletop gaming and Resident Evil 2 is my favorite video game. It's crazy that the two have met in such an authentic way. It never had crossed my mind that the game would translate so well, I can honestly say that at this point I'm way more excited to get this than I am the new remake of RE2.

I started out with Kickstarter in August...and so far it sucked my wallet dry, even though I'm yet to actually receive the product of the first campaign I backed haha!

But anyways, found the RE campaign by simple browsing through the campaigns recommended for me (based on previous stuff I backed) and I hit that pledge button without even blinking an eye. I knew that I would enjoy the campaign, but I never imagined it would be to this degree! SFG are awesome, the fans are crazy fun to talk to and the stuff we unlocked... just damn! Can't wait for next year!

Only my second ever Kickstarted project. Pretty excited, like everyone else.

What's got my imagination going is the multiple scenarios. They're clearly going to do everything we saw in the game, even with the B-Files. But perhaps SFG (or even us, the community) can put together maps that explain what the secondary characters were up to during the Raccoon City outbreak.

Then there's scope to cover RE1, RE3 and Outbreak!

Hey folks! 

I just wanted to say hello and congratulations to the community for getting that "S" rank at the last dying moments. It was all in typical resident evil fashion with it all coming down too the final few seconds, it was beautiful. 

I'm a pretty diehard RE fan of the original games and have been wanting to get into table top games for a while, so I felt this would be a great place to start!

Anyway I look forward to talking with you good folks more :)

I agree with all the thoughts here and this was my first Kickstarter as well. I initially got hyped for the miniatures I'd be able to paint and make videos for my channel... but as time went on I found myself hyped on playing more than I thought (most of my friends don't live near me and I spend more time with my wife and 5 & 1 year old boys, so not a lot of social time right now)

Mostly I am really happy at the community the game has spawned, in the campaign comments section, here in the SFG Forums and the FB group for the game. I hope we all continue the adventure well past the time the game is released.

Anyways, you all know where to find me and I am always just an email or a message away. Cheers....

@Egghead I believe your 5 year old might be approaching that age where you can slowly introduce him to boardgames ... and then one day you will sit down with him and he will start painting miniatures just like his dad ;)
I am planning to introduce my little daughter to boardgames as well ... but she's just 11 months now, so there's still a lot of time until she's ready for that :)
I got her a wooden train set for now ... imagine what happened to the Ecliptic Express in RE0 and you know what she's doing almost every evening xD

An excellent campaign indeed full of surprises !
Remember me to shave the head of Sherwin the day I meet him.
He made me stress until day -3 with the crows  ...  I really believed I was getting cardboard tokens grrr

8 hours ago, RinseWashRepeat said:

...But perhaps SFG (or even us, the community) can put together maps that explain what the secondary characters were up to during the Raccoon City outbreak.

Then there's scope to cover RE1, RE3 and Outbreak!

You know what's up ;) that's definitely what I'm hoping for.

I think the potential for player-made scenarios using the assets we have is tremendous! I'm sure there will be some sort of repository for fan-made runs somewhere. We have SO many figures and board tiles, etc that the possibilities are endless. And IF they make an RE1 and/or RE3 games that work with this one... oh man... I see EPIC campaigns ahead. Exciting time to be a Resident Evil geek that's for sure.

My first ever boardgame kickstarter (not my first backed KS though) I can't wait to unleash this game and play it from another perspective (board game as opposed to PS1/PC) So many minis, and so many crazy ideas are so going around in my head right now....just never forget Elliot Edwards on the back of a burning helicopter xD I still crack up just thinking about that.

1 hour ago, Egghead said:

I think the potential for player-made scenarios using the assets we have is tremendous! I'm sure there will be some sort of repository for fan-made runs somewhere. We have SO many figures and board tiles, etc that the possibilities are endless. And IF they make an RE1 and/or RE3 games that work with this one... oh man... I see EPIC campaigns ahead. Exciting time to be a Resident Evil geek that's for sure.

This gets me so excited! A simple rule I'd like to play by after my first few games is that players can die, and the game won't end. I think it would be interesting to see who makes it by the end.