Sign in to follow this  
Skarpi

Need tactical help for 6th player vs. Fish

Hi there,

i play a butcher team.in our clubleague and need some advise for my 6. playerchoice.

At the moment i play with great comfort Ox, Truffels, Boar, Meathook, Shank. This support my gameplaystyle and i know what my players are able to do or not.

I the last games i’ve played Minx as 6. player and was fine with it.

Now it goes against (surely) goaly fishs and i think about an change in the 6. player.

These are the options:

1. oRage, inf effective, heavy punch. Cons middle fast, no support from other playerabilities.

2. Tenderiser, makes goaling complicate for the fish, inf effective, but i loose a puncher at the front, very slow movement. Positioning will be essentiel, one mistake looses you the game. ( So where is the ideal position for him?? I’ve thought about 2,5 inches frontal from the goal?)

3. No change take Minx, inf effective, easy snare, very fast, but not so punchy and more supportive winger.

So, perhaps you have some other points of view or ideas for me, thx alot.

I have been liking vBrisket in that team and have had success against Shark with it. She is pretty efficient on the flanks, and output solid damage within the aura as well if need be. Another ball handler, decent goal threat, and quick time aren't bad either. 

1 hour ago, Warpstoned said:

I have been liking vBrisket in that team and have had success against Shark with it. She is pretty efficient on the flanks, and output solid damage within the aura as well if need be. Another ball handler, decent goal threat, and quick time aren't bad either. 

I agree with the pros, i'm quite unsure of the inf efficience, quick time + some advance/ kick combo is quite inf hungry.

Kicking per se i for shank + ox + boar no prob. Mostly i go not for goals, takeouts make the most of my vps.

But thx for your opinion

To me it really depends on if you are seeing shark or corsair. I played fish twice in tournament on Saturday and both times were list chicken with my opponent. Ox kills corsair but shark runs around ox. Fillet kills shark but corsair kills fillet. So my answer would be pretty dependent on who you would be seeing across the pitch

...and that's why the Captain/Mascots reveal simultaneously! :P So if you are sitting across the table from a Fisherman coach that also has access to both Shark and Corsair... Luck be on your side good sir!

I bet on shark in the match. But in my opion you don't need necessarily Ox for killing Shark. In the line up with Ox also Boar, Shank or Meathook are capable in the bubble of Ox and possible with the legendary play to kill of the 17 Health of Shark. Therefore i will go with Ox no matter which fishy Cap will come.

Out of those 3 I think Tenderizer is the most frustrating to play against.

oRage is easy to babysit with all of the 2" melee and becomes a momentum battery for Fish in my experience. I love seeing him because he is easily made ineffective. I don't usually also see Boar on the table with Rage and the two as buddies might be good but that still means you're over committing if you don't kill the model you are swinging at and can lead to neither of them getting their charge if the Fish sets himself up correctly.

Minx is solid but again easy to babysit. She gets quite a bit less efficient when she isn't popping that charge every turn. She is fast and marked Target makes your team less predictable.

Tenderizer makes Shark Fish miss. Even if it doesn't happen every goal shot it is the threat that matters. While his Rush Keeper will likely never trigger he squashes goal #3 for the Shark Team for the simple matter of TN6 snapshots. It is really hard to not have the option on the board. He is also another 2" melee you can bring into Ox's Aura if you manage to kill the ball well. Mom 3 on 3 and mom 4 on 4 if in the aura means he is swinging well against anyone that is double engaged or that Meathook has had her chance to get at. He is highly underrated.

If your roster isn't totally set in stone then I would throw you a wild card and say that Harry the Hat is a solid pick. If your league locks the roster like most do that probably isn't an option but our local Butcher player always manages to put Harry right where I don't want him. Your list brings enough damage but a Bonus Time Goad is so god damn irritating as a striking team. Molotov also forces Fish to play that much further up the field because of the looming threat of losing movement. Rising anger isn't AS helpful since you are probably winning the momentum race anyway but it is a great deterrent if for some reason the other guy were to plop A&G to secure a 2-2 game with Shark. 

Out of your options I would say Tenderiser too.  A goal hungry fish team comes unstick with a miss.  Having the TN up to 5 you should see one. 

Mid the dice are then kind the miss could bunker the ball as you flatten any fish in your half.  As for his positioning.  I think the fish have the speed and repositioning to mean the counter charge isn’t so effective. So strapping him baseto base to the goal and inching him about to try and block the incoming shots may be effective.

dont out Infl on him and then run your Ox death ball Fighters up front.  His activation can then be a quick Dead dud to force your opponents hand.  Also reduces the Influence drain a full front fighting force of 5 would posses.

I've had a lot of success with Tenderiser over time and think he is fantastic against kicking teams just to make them have to think about the shots and where players go.

Thanks alot for your detailed answers.

They match my opinion about Tenderiser, although the idea with Harry has also something for me. Will think about it, but kicking someone else would be a hard decision.

On 10/20/2017 at 2:51 PM, Skarpi said:

I bet on shark in the match. But in my opion you don't need necessarily Ox for killing Shark. In the line up with Ox also Boar, Shank or Meathook are capable in the bubble of Ox and possible with the legendary play to kill of the 17 Health of Shark. Therefore i will go with Ox no matter which fishy Cap will come.

The problem is who of those 3 are going to catch shark (and be in range of Ox). Shank can hunt shark down, but then only have one maybe 2 influence left to do damage. Fillet can keep up with almost anyone on the team that doesn't have a double dodge low in the playbook (greyscales and shark). That being said, if you are having success with Ox against Shark then by all means keep at it sir, or if you are just that much more comfortable with him.

Tenderizer won me a tournament over the weekend. 5 dice shot by shark missed the TN 5. He da man

Thanks for your opinion.

I believe Fillet alone isn't able to shot down a adversary for sure.

Ox cann for himself kill of Shark in one attack. Boar, Shank or Meathook will need some help from another, but often the tooled up from Meathook will do enough buff.

If they are in the Ox Bubble fine, if not some buffs needed. But Boar alone kills tooled up 17 HP with no stress.

And you have the possibility to debuff with hooked or thousand cuts, or they ain't tough or butchery

If you add in Rage you've got my preferred 6 at the moment. I really like having two big inf-efficient theats for your opponent to deal with. Have a read of the efficiency butchers thread for how I came to this decision.