• Announcements

• Mako

Training Ground   02/14/2018

There’s a new section in the guild ball area designed to help rookies, but it needs others to help out - why not write a post for it? Anything that’s good for people to know, whatever faction they’re starting out with!
tandgproductions

How to Play: Honour Masons

So thanks for the great feedback on our last 'How to Play' video. With the responses we have had we're now moving to examine each captain and their common/most used plays. Here's Honour and Tapper from the Kick-Off set, ideal for getting new players up to speed. 

It's by no means perfect, but let us know your thoughts! 1f642.png

After playing Hammer for a little while I gave the sisters a chance against Blacksmiths today and for the first time I managed to get Superior Strategy give me an advantage and I managed to get people engaged with Marbles so that Honour could come in and get the bonus from Assist. 

Still a close game, won 12-10, but getting all the little things to work really felt good.

• Used Superior Strategy on Mallet for extra threat range and won first turn momentum race
  • Used Marbles countercharge to get him engaged so Honour could get bonus from Assist.
  • Used Superior Strategy for extra activation so I could get the ball with Harmony after scoring and kicking it back into play for me.
  • Used Family to great effect when beating up Sledge and Iron.

I'll definitely work on my skills with the sisters and I understand why they in the hands of a skilled player can be viewed as better than Hammer.  
I fell that there is no way to take them without Brick and Marbles, and Mallet is also a sure pick for me which leaves only one flex spot. Flint is good for scoring, but I feel he brings to little to the team apart from that, Tower and Lucky can both score and bring more tools to the table. 

I’ve been watching some of the mason games from Steamcon UK and US and I’ve seen several uses of quick time to dodge Marbles into engagement so Honour can get the assist. 

How do people feel about using 2 inf for that as it probably means less momentum but the same or more damage if we assume 6 inf on Honour and no need to sprint to get into combat. 

24 minutes ago, Jotnebane said:

How do people feel about using 2 inf for that as it probably means less momentum but the same or more damage if we assume 6 inf on Honour and no need to sprint to get into combat. 

Depends on the defensive stats of the character you are beating on and the configuration of the board. But with 2 inf you could get 2* momentous >< and push your target into marbles mz. Achieving the same goal and geting 2 mom out of it.

Depends also if you really need those +2tac and / or momentum. With 4 inf and marbles, if you dont wrap and want mom you will do 3*4=12 dmg (2 mom +assist), with 6 inf and without marbles you can reliably aim for the second colomn too so 2*6 = 12 dmg also.

Now if you dant need the mom and can achieve a full playbook reliably with the +2 tac from marbles your damage output will be higher.

It really depends on what you want to achieve =) (and that is the beauty of this game)