AaronWilson.

Mechnica Strike back ; Return of the cogs.

So I really could not decide what to play for a Shark tank of a event this weekend (I think like... 8 of the UK top 20 are there). I made a twitter poll (The only good way to decide anything, right?). The three options were Alchemists - Recently done well with them winning a 28 man event / coming 2nd at a 16 player. Second option was morts, came 3rd at U.K champs with them but haven't played them in a month or two now. Last option was Engineers - Haven't played these since Vengeance where I went 4-2 with them but I haven't played in a good 4-5 months now.

The Twitter poll, of course has Engineers well in the lead (I mentioned how much practice I have with each guild in the poll). So, with that in mind I have 2 practice games this week before I head to the event up in Warwickshire (UK). 

I'm going to take Ballista, Pin Vice, Mother, oVelocty, Hoist, Ratchet, Colossus, vVelocity, Salvo & Compound. I've got the first practice game tonight against Farmers I believe, I'll probably throw down Pin Vice for that. I'm then playing Morts Thursday which I'll probably use Ballista, I'll keep you guys updated!

8 hours ago, AaronWilsonCB said:

So I really could not decide what to play for a Shark tank of a event this weekend (I think like... 8 of the UK top 20 are there). I made a twitter poll (The only good way to decide anything, right?). The three options were Alchemists - Recently done well with them winning a 28 man event / coming 2nd at a 16 player. Second option was morts, came 3rd at U.K champs with them but haven't played them in a month or two now. Last option was Engineers - Haven't played these since Vengeance where I went 4-2 with them but I haven't played in a good 4-5 months now.

The Twitter poll, of course has Engineers well in the lead (I mentioned how much practice I have with each guild in the poll). So, with that in mind I have 2 practice games this week before I head to the event up in Warwickshire (UK). 

I'm going to take Ballista, Pin Vice, Mother, oVelocty, Hoist, Ratchet, Colossus, vVelocity, Salvo & Compound. I've got the first practice game tonight against Farmers I believe, I'll probably throw down Pin Vice for that. I'm then playing Morts Thursday which I'll probably use Ballista, I'll keep you guys updated!

Good luck sir.  I plan on playing my engineers here coming up in a tournament as well ( would rather be playing farmers but desperately pine for the 2nd box).

4 hours ago, Silvs said:

How do you guys use vVelocity? I cannot figure it out. I also cannot find a matchup where its better than the first one.

Not sure it exists.  Of course, against Fish it can be handy but I would probably just not take her.  If you do, take Pin Vice.  She turns VV up to 11.  Or maybe up to 6. Lol.

23 hours ago, Silvs said:

How do you guys use vVelocity? I cannot figure it out. I also cannot find a matchup where its better than the first one.

Well, I played against Shark Fish yesterday.

I took Pin Vice; Mother; Hoist; Ratchet; Compound And Vet. Velocity.

He received and Pin Vice kicked off for getting and early ball thread.

Vet. Velocity just stand there 4" from the Goal and Compund puts up his Horrifc Odour and Hoist on the other side doing the same. Totally denied the first turn Goal.

From the second turn I got a little bored and didn't bother putting the defence up again and Fish managed to make 3 Goals in that turn. :(

I guess you could go for a ranged play style with Ballista and Salvo (in exchange for Ratchet, I guess, which is quite nasty with the arrow to the knee, if you want to totally deny footballing).

Or maybe add Colousses for the singled out, any poor target coming close would take some major beating with the Agressive Defense (which Hoist could copy).

+ 4 Tac :o 

All I know so far, it needs more testing. 

In regards to vVelocity - I've literally never used her. oVelocity is just really good! My Tuesday opponent had to cancel this week due to London trains, so I only got the one practice game before the event this weekend.

I played Ballista, Mother, Colossuss, Hoist, oVelocity, Ratchet. My opponent was playing Morticians and that's the sort of team I would draft into them as it's fairly resilient team who don't struggle to score goals at the same time. He played Obulus, Dirge, Cosset, Casket, Silence & oGraves. 

The Morticians rolled higher for the kick off and elected to receive, oVelocity kicked off and with anything but a crap scatter would of made it very hard for Morts to retrieve, even with 2 goes at scattering it, it scattered straight to them. Turn 1 saw the normal kicking the ball & players moving up. Ball ended up on a loaded up Obulus at which point Ballista sprinted and put him on his ass with a deadbolt. Ball scattered to Cosset and as the Morts player had dodged with his 2 kicks he made Obulus had to stand up with movement. I moved Colossuss early hoping he would Puppet Master him in, he did. Ratchet Tooled up hoist, dropped a Blasted earth and & Overlocked Hoist. Mother set up a nest marker for him, oGraves tooled up Obulus as well prior to the Puppet Master. Mother placed a nest marker for Hoist to burrow to, a loaded up hoist burrowed & charged Graves, managing to tie up a empty Cosset with the ball & leave graves on 6 health.  oVelcoty hanging on the left flank near fast terrain just stayed there. 

Morts won initiative and proceeded to hit Hoist, the rest of the turn was a bit of a wet fish fight as Colossuss was engaging most of the Mortician team now and with him and hosit in the middle of it all it was tough for the Morts to push damage out. End of the turn I had got Graves & Cosset low and Hoist got a tackle. Morticians won the initiative roll again,  Obulus got the ball from Hoist, ran off and kicked it down the pitch out of reach of my guys. through the course of the turn Graves & Cosset healed and then went back down, Graves ended on 6 & Cosset ended on 8. 

Round 3 I won initiative, Ballista killed Graves and was engaging a empty cosset with Mine Field up (2-0). Obulus used Puppet Master to get a goal (2-4), oVelocity gets a snapback goal (6-4). Ball kick goes out and at the end of the turn the ball ends on oVelocity. I win initiative, oVelcoity charges Casket and grabs the 2nd goal (10-4). Obulus gets a snapback goal (10-8) and Ballista kills Cosset (12-8) 

Great game, totally forgot the bullshit Hoist & Mother pull off. Let's hope I can remember how to use Pin Vice for this weekend!