Kingpash

GB Team Warmup event, June 9th-10th in Scotland - gathering interest

Hey folks,

So, given that Scotland is the centre of the Guild Ball universe and there’s an event on here every weekend, I decided to take it up a notch. 

I am proposing to run a team event in Scotland next year that would be a warmup event for the World Team Championship. It would follow the same format and national teams would be invited. Other interested teams who fancy their chances are also welcome to attend. 

The proposed date is 9th-10th June, although not yet set in stone. 

I would be keen to hear your thoughts. Would you be interested in attending? What do you think of the idea?

The stage is yours. 

Thanks for the interest & your enthusiasm! 

We are probably talking about Stirling, which is an equal distance from Edinburgh and Glasgow airport and is very pretty and has a good night out. Makes it easier (& cheaper!) for you guys coming from afar :D

17 minutes ago, Ascobol said:

Ohhhh Yes!!!

Timmay, will spread the word in german forums and folks. 

think there'll bemany requests for tickets from Germany.

Think I better warn the local bars to stock up on the beer then.. :lol:

41 minutes ago, Timmaay said:

I'm a little bit hyped :wub:

It’s probably that deep-fried Mars bar that’s still pumping though your veins..

5 minutes ago, AaronWilsonCB said:

Yeah I would love this. If I dont make it to the WTC it'd be baller to play at that level before it anyway. I can round up a team or two from the south of the U.K

Sounds grand. You’ll get to experience summer north of the Wall. Bring your winter jacket and a good pair of boots - there be wildlings here..

We were recently discussing our next year's travelling plans and this definitely goes to the top of the list (together with WTC and Aros Kingdoms in Sweden). June sounds perfect, it's not too close to the WTC and it should still be pretty summer-ish.

I'm hyped!

22 minutes ago, TheEmu said:

We were recently discussing our next year's travelling plans and this definitely goes to the top of the list (together with WTC and Aros Kingdoms in Sweden). June sounds perfect, it's not too close to the WTC and it should still be pretty summer-ish.

I'm hyped!

We don't really have a summer. 

We do however have one of the best gaming venues going, castles and are in the process of destroying our economy to give you guys a good exchange rate. 

Some mug is also going to be making a lot of guild ball terrain. 

For those traveling by plane i'm sure arrangements can be made for airport pickups. My car can fit another 3 people and I don't live an unreasonable distance from Glasgow. 

@Timmaay yes warn the bars. Make them be prepared.

@Kingpash Deep fried Mars bar?????  Sounds amazing. I have to be there, even if I won't get a place at the Tournament. Deep fried Mars bar. Deep fried Mars bar.

#hyped for deep fried Mars bar. #hyped for awesom tournament. #timmay help me.

1 hour ago, Ascobol said:

@Timmaay yes warn the bars. Make them be prepared.

@Kingpash Deep fried Mars bar?????  Sounds amazing. I have to be there, even if I won't get a place at the Tournament. Deep fried Mars bar. Deep fried Mars bar.

#hyped for deep fried Mars bar. #hyped for awesom tournament. #timmay help me.

Actually, the venue I have In mind has a place that sells deep fried mars bars literally across the street. You’d never be more than 10 meters away from a heart-attack all weekend ;)