• Announcements

• Mako

Union in Chains Pictures   10/14/2017

With union in chains in full swing, everyone wants to upload a few pictures with their battle report (they're highly recommended to ensure your report is accepted as valid). Check the Union in Chains section for some handy advice (and user avatars) before you start!  
Sign in to follow this  
Jamie P

SteamCon UK Schedule of Events

4 hours ago, Pending Forum Suspension said:

Attending US SteamCon but very excited by this list. Musical teams looks particularly ridiculous.

When I saw musical teams I was kinda expecting a WTC style event, but this sounds super silly. Here's hoping US steamcon gets one I can participate in. 

Absolutely gutted I'm not home to attend. Enjoy yourselves everyone.

Are any of the events getting Twitch streamed?

13 hours ago, Henry said:

Absolutely gutted I'm not home to attend. Enjoy yourselves everyone.

Are any of the events getting Twitch streamed?

We are indeed intending to stream the World Championship Qualifier, the British Championship Qualifier, and the Keynote + Q&A

I am unsure if all of this will be via twitch however, last year we streamed the Keynote + Q&A via Facebook Live.

On 13/10/2017 at 9:59 AM, Jamie P said:

We are indeed intending to stream the World Championship Qualifier, the British Championship Qualifier, and the Keynote + Q&A

I am unsure if all of this will be via twitch however, last year we streamed the Keynote + Q&A via Facebook Live.

Will Perkins watch be streamed as well?

Curiosity: 108 people is 7 rounds, which will take up all the allotted time with 2 hour rounds. What's the plan for a food break? Asking for a friend (my stomach)

On 15/10/2017 at 2:06 AM, Frostmane said:

Curiosity: 108 people is 7 rounds, which will take up all the allotted time with 2 hour rounds. What's the plan for a food break? Asking for a friend (my stomach)

We don't really have time to stop for an hour or so to give people a break, so we'll be powering through until the tournament is over. 

I recommend either finishing a game super early (#SharkLyf) or finding a supportive friend to bring you some food. 

I’m going to Steamcon with a couple of friends and we’ve not been to an event like this before. How do people sign up for the smaller GB games like the doubles events or the farmers/blacksmiths event? Do you turn up in the morning and hope there’s space or am I missing something? Any info would be much appreciated!

9 hours ago, Doomdiver said:

I’m going to Steamcon with a couple of friends and we’ve not been to an event like this before. How do people sign up for the smaller GB games like the doubles events or the farmers/blacksmiths event? Do you turn up in the morning and hope there’s space or am I missing something? Any info would be much appreciated!

Those one's are just turn up and play events bud, same as the seminars. 

13 hours ago, Doomdiver said:

Advice would bet to turn up to the event location around 30 minute before its start time, that should get you into the non-ticketed events unless its particularly popular.