Sign in to follow this  
Selfy

3-0 Blackheart team

Ok fellas, hit me with your 3-0 Blackheart line-ups and hot tips, specifically for Farmers, but also generally.

I need advice that is so good all I need do is just turn up.

Thanks.

I played the old school line-up vs farmers the other day.

blackheart 

coin

mist

decimate 

gutter.

rage

blackheart scored start of turn 2 then took a kicking off windle. opponent backed off but missed a pass so decimate second winded herself to get the ball and jog to safety.

decimate scores at the start of turn 3 after blackheart got finished off by windle, after some movement and me scrapping, harrow was down to 1 wound. bushel scored and the kick-off ended up near mist who charged harrow to finish him off and scored the 3rd goal.

5 minutes ago, Bertmac said:

I played the old school line-up vs farmers the other day.

blackheart 

coin

mist

decimate 

gutter.

rage

blackheart scored start of turn 2 then took a kicking off windle. opponent backed off but missed a pass so decimate second winded herself to get the ball and jog to safety.

decimate scores at the start of turn 3 after blackheart got finished off by windle, after some movement and me scrapping, harrow was down to 1 wound. bushel scored and the kick-off ended up near mist who charged harrow to finish him off and scored the 3rd goal.

Yeah, that's the lineup I used last game. Mist scored, Decimate missed a sitter, I killed a chicken and then it all fell apart. Blackheart and Rage got taken out and eventually I lost to a scarecrow goal. Bunched up they gave me a bit of a 'mare.

I managed a couple of scything blows from gutter vs a knocked down harrow who was also crowded out by rage knocking bushel down to half health at the same time.

I had a 3-0 (ignoring the single mascot take out) win recently.  My team was Blackheart Strongbox Benediction Decimate Hemlocke Mist

Second Wind is great and making anyone more mobile and confidence really shores up any charge you make.  Hemlocke is secret tech.  Raise the Stakes is pretty great.  It means when you tackle the ball back on a counter attack you can both bury the ball and disengage your attacker.

6 hours ago, MechMage said:

I had a 3-0 (ignoring the single mascot take out) win recently.  My team was Blackheart Strongbox Benediction Decimate Hemlocke Mist

Second Wind is great and making anyone more mobile and confidence really shores up any charge you make.  Hemlocke is secret tech.  Raise the Stakes is pretty great.  It means when you tackle the ball back on a counter attack you can both bury the ball and disengage your attacker.

Hemlock is a fantastic utility piece that doesn't get used anywhere near enough.  The 6 you have listed there is one I use myself quite a bit. I will swap in Gutter on occasion for Hemlock or Benny depending on opponent. It's certainly got enough goal threat for a 3-0 playstyle. 

7 hours ago, Selfy said:

Cheers Totes. For 3-0 am I better off going for Brisket?

I wouldn't.  sBrisket suffers from crippling uselessness when her team doesn't have the ball, paired with with a chronic compulsion to give the ball back to the opposing team by scoring.  Blackheart can launder influence quite well and he can also protect himself with counter attacks.  It usually takes him a couple tries to tackle the ball, but with a stack of influence he can do it and he can knock down reliably enough on a parting blow to at least give your opponent pause.  Blackheart's Legendary Play is often used for the dodge, sometimes when only Blackheart himself benefits from it, which can be clutch, but I've found that if he activates early giving the entire team +1 def can go a long way to blunting your opponent's entire turn.  If that buys your team another turn to recover the ball and score, it blows anything sBrisket can do out of the water.

3 hours ago, MechMage said:

I wouldn't.  sBrisket suffers from crippling uselessness when her team doesn't have the ball, paired with with a chronic compulsion to give the ball back to the opposing team by scoring.  Blackheart can launder influence quite well and he can also protect himself with counter attacks.  It usually takes him a couple tries to tackle the ball, but with a stack of influence he can do it and he can knock down reliably enough on a parting blow to at least give your opponent pause.  Blackheart's Legendary Play is often used for the dodge, sometimes when only Blackheart himself benefits from it, which can be clutch, but I've found that if he activates early giving the entire team +1 def can go a long way to blunting your opponent's entire turn.  If that buys your team another turn to recover the ball and score, it blows anything sBrisket can do out of the water.

Right, so we've kicked Brisket in the chuff, who else do I need in my lineup?

I'd really like a snake with a +Tac aura. :(

Do I need me some snakeskin?

Talk to me some more about Hemlocke. If enough good stuff gets said I might give her a whirl, even though her model is surely in a different scale than some of the others.

43 minutes ago, Selfy said:

Right, so we've kicked Brisket in the chuff, who else do I need in my lineup?

I'd really like a snake with a +Tac aura. :(

Do I need me some snakeskin?

Talk to me some more about Hemlocke. If enough good stuff gets said I might give her a whirl, even though her model is surely in a different scale than some of the others.

Either mascot works fine for a goal orient Union line up.

Snakeskin is a very good situational player.  The role she excels at is killing the ball, but in a pinch she can also retrieve it and score.  She's quite fast, but Shadowlike also allows her to circumvent Unpredictable Movement, which makes her great at getting the ball of certain players like oBrisket who is a serious problem for anyone else in guild.  Her ability to apply poison is also not a terrible use of one influence.  Snakeskin is not a mandatory player the way Mist is and if you do bring her in your ten, expect to leave her on the bench a lot, but when you do put her on the pitch it's because she's the perfect solution for the match.

Hemlocke has a momentous tackle on 1 and a 3/6" kick.  Blind is an incredibly good character play, especially against players like Tapper and Hammer who is big in the meta right now.  One influence will usually negate 2-3 of your opponent's influence over the course of a fully' stacked captain's activation.  Noxious Blast is great efficiency if you can catch multiple players in it near the end of the turn, doing 4 damage to each for only 2 influence and forcing your opponent to spend momentum to clear the poison the next turn.  Smelling Salts lets you do 2 momentum's worth of work for 2 influence, which doesn't seem that great until you consider that a team that isn't fighting will often have a limited amount of momentum and it allows affected models to heal damage on their activations rather than clearing conditions.  Magical Brew is really efficient but 10 HP means she's relatively easy to take out in a single activation so make sure she has someone like Benediction to stand behind.

@MechMage, so Benny's in too, right?

We got Blackheart, Strongbox, Benny, Hemlocke. Mist is in surely? So who gets the final spot?

I'm talking game day 6 here, not tournament 10!

Do I really need Benny?

Benediction isn't mandatory per say, but he does synergize well with Mist.  Harry can fill that role as well, for example if you're want less durability but more control.  I'd consider Minx or Decimate for your last player, depending on if you expect to play against a high or low defense teams.

This is all I run and my six are Blackheart, Coin, Mist, Snakeskin, Harry, and Decimate. 

You can switch fields so quickly and the scoring threats of Mist and Snakeskin give you good field control. Using BH and Harry can allow you to work side to side quickly.

I also love how easy it is to dance with BH, Snakeskin, and Decimate with dodges.

This lineup has enough legitimate threats to be devastating and is impossible to lock down. 

6 minutes ago, riffbw said:

This is all I run and my six are Blackheart, Coin, Mist, Snakeskin, Harry, and Decimate. 

I don't play much Union but for what it's worth when I do play this is the team I play. I could see the justification for swapping Snakeskin for a solthecian but everyone else but Coin feels mandatory for me. Blackheart's usefulness blows Brisket out of the water, Mist is a no brainer, Decimate is a tool box and is fast, Harry helps win the momentum race and molotov is great for slowing a team down.

No one kills the ball quite like Snakeskin but that isn't really what you want. She is just a safe place to put the ball at the end of a turn which is killer.

1 minute ago, Pending Forum Suspension said:

No one kills the ball quite like Snakeskin but that isn't really what you want. She is just a safe place to put the ball at the end of a turn which is killer.

It's not just ball killing though. Get her in position with the ball, nimble, and clone then a BH On MY Mark pull it off her. 

Not to mention she's got the necessary tackles and can dance herself free when needed. 

Shadowlike also helps. 

I had a 3-0 Vet Rage game against Engineers once, placed me second (maybe third) in the tournament :) 

Vet Rage, Strongbox, Gutter, Mist, Minx, Benediction. Mist scored, Benediction scored, then Mist scored again :)