the_aY

Grange list?

So, after going through all these threads, I see a lot of consistent info:

Windle can kick a lot of ass.

Bushel is required so you can score at least one goal.

Tooled Up is very important to buff either Windle or Grange.

Grace is excellent for clearing difficult terrain, and allow Windle to walk into combat.

Tater is excellent.

So, what is a reliable team of 6 to use when it seems that every player has something important to contribute?

Who are your 6 against different matchup types?

11 minutes ago, the_aY said:

So, after going through all these threads, I see a lot of consistent info:

Windle can kick a lot of ass.

Bushel is required so you can score at least one goal.

Tooled Up is very important to buff either Windle or Grange.

Grace is excellent for clearing difficult terrain, and allow Windle to walk into combat.

Tater is excellent.

So, what is a reliable team of 6 to use when it seems that every player has something important to contribute?

Who are your 6 against different matchup types?

Honest Land box + Tater. Swap out either Bushel or Windle depending on whether you want to play a stronger scoring game or take out game.

11 minutes ago, FearLord said:

Honest Land box + Tater. Swap out either Bushel or Windle depending on whether you want to play a stronger scoring game or take out game.

I disagree slightly and would swap out either tater or bushel depending if you wanted scoring or take out. I find Windle does more work on average than tater and is really hard to take out, where as tater is a lot easier to take out with only 16 boxes 

34 minutes ago, Wild Rose said:

I disagree slightly and would swap out either tater or bushel depending if you wanted scoring or take out. I find Windle does more work on average than tater and is really hard to take out, where as tater is a lot easier to take out with only 16 boxes 

Windle gets much much better when you have Tater covering him. It makes it much harder for a clever opponent to abuse Windle. I won a tournament a few weeks ago using this line up.

35 minutes ago, FearLord said:

Windle gets much much better when you have Tater covering him. It makes it much harder for a clever opponent to abuse Windle. I won a tournament a few weeks ago using this line up.

I don't deny that, just when I've taken one or the other I find winded has done more work. haven't had a chance to play in a tournament yet but I plan on taking them to steam con

Thanks @FearLord, that line up does make sense to me. Just to be clear: Tater goes in both lists, but Windle gets removed if you are going for more kicks, and Bushel gets replaced when your are going for more dps.

@Wild Rose so in a kicking list, you would basically just use the box contents, no Tater?

@the_aY in general yes, but there are some match ups were I feel tater is a better fit. and if I wanted to go really heavy on the kicking then tater is technically better as he has a 3/6 kick were as windel has a 2/6. but I generally go for a more balanced list and this is were I find windel more useful. I think its mainly due to my play style than anything else 

Jack straw is a better scorer than bushel. He can easily get you your 1 score. He's more mobile, nice non linear threat, 2/8 kick, has reanimate and can go back to his post after the score. Grange on his legendary turn sets up Jack straw really well.

Drop bushel and put in tater only time I bring bushel is against close control nonsense.

bushels run on goal is also non-linear. she has a 3/8 kick. possible re rolls and doesn't need set up from another player. she can generate the momentum during her activation at the top of the turn for the goal. how is jack straw better? he's good but not better. 

Jack straw has 2 inch reach momentous tackle on 1 a kd on 3 he can be placed to get around people he can swing the ball to the opposite flank a lot easier.

Yes he's good at getting the ball off other people, though that KD is hard to get as he only has a TAC of 3. But after he's got it he's then starved for influence to get away and score unless you've set it up previously. More often he will kick it to the opposite flank for bushel to then do her thing. Bushel is just a lot more flexible in how she can score. She also has a tackle on 1 and a balls gone on 3 with a TAC of 4. Though these are non momnetus and her Melee is only 1 inch she's not teriable at ball retrieval. And even after she's done balls gone she can still score on that activation due to I'm open.

Sorry I went on for longer than I intended 

Although I really like the Farmers. I think I'm holding off on using them a lot until the next box is out. There just isnt enough options for now.

I'm also not a fan of Jack with Grange. He seems very clunky and too much work. He seems to be very much a Thresher only player, because he's very inefficient with Grange. I've never seen him do much more than provide some extra influence (which often gets wasted) and some crowd outs. 

I've had success using Grange, Tater, Harrow, Bushel, Peck, and Benediction. Benny just kills and holds the ball and passes to bushel for a score. Tater protects the crew and grange sets up a murder scrum. Its not my favorite and I'd like to experiment more with Grace and Windle, but its difficult with an incomplete guild. 

In the few games I've played so far, I've found Bushel next to useless (I have played a lot of Brewers, to those 2" melee and :KD:s make her life very hard), while Jack has been useful at getting a mid-late game goal (he needs set up harvest markers), and he is also useful for additional, long-ranged harvest marker placement. When Tater gets out of position, Jack can dump markers within the 4" easily (while also setting himself and Windle up): Harrow can pretty much only place one at the beginning of his activation and is so squishy I don't want him too far forward, and I don't want to have to activate Grange early to place his marker ready for Tater.

I pretty much only take Bushel when I'm receiving now for the end of Turn 1 goal.  If she survives the aftermath of that then she hangs around for the snapshot threat.

She rarely survives the aftermath.

Although I did manage a second, snapshot goal with her in my last game.

Earlier this week I ran Grange, Peck, Harrow, Bushel, Jack, Benediction against the Blacksmiths box.

Benny set up in the middle and between his healing and Harrow's healing aura every maintenance phase, Benny didn't go down the whole game. Jack scored two goals for me. Next time I thought I would replace Bushel for Tater (I kicked off to start) as she didnt do much except one turn brought the ball up field and passed to Jack.

I will probably do as @Cassaralla suggests and only use Bushel when I'm receiving.

Harrow with his Tooled Up and healing aura may be an always include for me (at least until the next box comes out). I kept him behind Benediction offset but base to base and just gave him 1 inf every turn to put out Tooled Up, otherwise he just provided crowded out/ganged up.

Everyone I play just hates Jack cause they can never anticipate where he will end up throughout the turn with his teleport. 

Played and won a tournament this past weekend. My list was Grange, Peck, Tater, Windel, Harrow, and Jack. Grange, Windel, and Tater press forward and bully the field. Harrow hangs behind, trying to stay within 4" of Grange, and using Tooled Up about half of the turns. Meanwhile Jack sets up on one wing trying to keep the opposing team on the other side of the big three from him. Eventually he gets the ball and scores a goal, either with Harvest Markers he set up in a previous turn or with some from Grange's Legendary. Every game was one goal and three take outs, thanks to the always hungry Windel. 

Played a football heavy team yesterday against mortician. Line up was Grange, Peck, Harrow, Jackstraw, Bushel and grace. Worked really well actually. Grace and jack had no problem getting the ball off people and either passing the ball to bushel or bushel getting them to pass to her with in open. Grange with tolled up on did a significant amount of damage that I didn't lament not having tater or windel. Grace also really helped with extending treat ranges and there was lots of influence to go around. Score was 12-4 with 2 goals from bushel and 2 takeouts from grange.