Sign in to follow this  
malladin.ben

Union in Chains initial rankings

I may not be the tournament rankings guy any more but that doesn't mean there aren't other things I can rank, so let's have a look at the Union in chains responses and get the guilds ranked.

8th place: Enginners

2 posts, and one of those is a Fisherman trying to get them going. Only 5 replies, and two of those are @AaronWilsonCB who's arguing on the alchemists forums too.

Verdict F. wake up engineers

7th place: Masons

Only one post, 12 replies. But most of those are just trying to figure out what is going on. Co e in Masons fans, you're not normally backward on the forums. You could at least get salty about not knowing what's going on.

Verdict D-. Stop worrying and start giving those brewer's some gyp.

6th place: Alchemists

2 posts, 11 replies. And one of the posts is suggesting they just share Harry with the engineers. Real world academia is ruthlessly cut throat, time to sharpen your quills, guys and gals.

Verdict: D. Too amiable. 

5th place: Hunters

Only 1 thread with 10 replies, and that gets side tracked by discussion as to whether Minx is figuratively or actually Hearne's sister, but there's at least some interest shown in the result.

Verdict: D+. Keep focused on the goal, hunters.

4th place: Brewers

2 posts and 14 replies is a better start than most others, and it initially starts off like warm to decide of decimate, but things seems to becoming up in the most recent couple of posts.

Verdict: C. Other guilds, this is the bare minimum I would expect.

3rd place: Morticians

Only one post and 11 replies, but at least thibgs are positive. A decent start, Morticians, but could be better.

Verdict: B-. A solid start but room for improvement.

2nd place: Fishermen

With 6 threads and 53 replies, the fishermen are certainly prolific, but with one thread dedicated to "how do I add my avatars image" and a variety of inferior responses to smackdowns but butchers fans, the quality is not there to match the quantity.

Verdict: A-. Some good banter, chaps, but your wit is not yet matching your kick stats.

1st place: Butchers

With 3 threads and 40 replies the butchers forum is lagging behind the fish in quantity, but every post is gold. From "Corsair ate all the pies.. which keeps us in business" taunts, to a collaborative work of fan fiction, the quality from banter to enthusiasm seeps through.

Verdict: A*+. This is what you other quilts should be aiming for.

(Note this is just for fun, and I realise I am both decidedly biased and blowing my own trumpet when I rank butchers first, but thats kind of the point. The banter between butchers and fish players has been lots of fun, and I hope this post might inspire some of the other guild's to get involved)

Being a fisherman isn’t about getting it done quickly. You gotta wait for the big catch. I know the meatheads just wanna gut everything right away, but learning how to wait for the big prize is our specialty.

1 minute ago, Ranthoron said:

Last place: Union. Because Steamforged hates us and wants to take away our toys.

I doubt that. I think they may want to take them away from the rest of us and are giving us this as a distraction/consolation.

1 hour ago, malladin.ben said:

1st place: Butchers

With 3 threads and 40 replies the butchers forum is lagging behind the fish in quantity, but every post is gold. From "Corsair ate all the pies.. which keeps us in business" taunts, to a collaborative work of fan fiction, the quality from banter to enthusiasm seeps through.

Verdict: A*+. This is what you other quilts should be aiming for.

(Note this is just for fun, and I realise I am both decidedly biased and blowing my own trumpet when I rank butchers first, but thats kind of the point. The banter between butchers and fish players has been lots of fun, and I hope this post might inspire some of the other guild's to get involved)

Typical Butchers - strong out of the gate when things are fresh, but once people figure out how to counter-attack, they'll fall to the bottom of the pack.

8 hours ago, JS said:

Typical Butchers - strong out of the gate when things are fresh, but once people figure out how to counter-attack, they'll fall to the bottom of the pack.

Can't counter attack when you're dead, or as Blackheart would have said....swimming with the fishes ;)

In have to say I'm impressed with how much the other forums now seem to have picked up. I am going to claim all the credit for it, goading you lot into action with this thread.

However, if you know an alchemists player (I know they seem to have gone into hiding since the errata, or are at least playing Fish instead), can you please let them know what's going on? It doesn't seem like they are taking part! Definitely in last place now, alchemists.

17 hours ago, malladin.ben said:

In have to say I'm impressed with how much the other forums now seem to have picked up. I am going to claim all the credit for it, goading you lot into action with this thread.

However, if you know an alchemists player (I know they seem to have gone into hiding since the errata, or are at least playing Fish instead), can you please let them know what's going on? It doesn't seem like they are taking part! Definitely in last place now, alchemists.

Shhh... We really don't want them having a Veteran Harry the Hat.  Vote Engineer!