Jump to content
Saje

Wake up and smell the chains!

Recommended Posts

We’re in chains people. 

One of our captains is dead, another currently strung up like a puppet and the third was never truly dedicated to the Union. 

All the guilds are fighting and vying for the attention of our players whilst we just sit over here twiddling our thumbs waiting for the next nerf to come our way. 

Join with me fellow Union players as we demand our slice of the cake. 

We want a chance to report our games, to let our own games decide which player leaves. We want the chance to support whichever Guild we feel is right (or pays the most). We want a share of the action!

 

 

 

 

 

 

2139CA4C-C9A0-4FB5-9DDA-3D9091C5EB3F.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LeadDiceandBeers said:

From Facebook:

How it all works will be made clear later this week. 

However, much like last year you are able to play as any guild and support any guild. 


 

The Union will get their chance to influence the results.

Just let him rant, man! ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Saje said:

I think we should collectively pool our efforts as a Guild to support another Guild we favour (or pays us) 

There's no reason why we shouldn't lure someone away from another Guild by wafting copious amounts of money under their nose.

I'm thinking Friday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Union: Stealing all your strikers since 2017

 

I would much prefer that they just buffed Fangtooth, give the poor guy 2/3 or 2/4 INF. and make his Heroic not hurt himself. He’s our real star in chains. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fangtooth isn't going to get buffed for no reason. If we going to get another player we need to splash the cash.

How about Bonesaw? You can never have too many strikers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Union died with Blackheart, Rage had just prolonged the suffering. I hope they gut him. 

That said, I think this is the end of the Union. Rumor is no new models. They will remain a playable guild, just no new characters. 

Trisket, Grace, Benny, and Mist will be the foundation of a Church guild. Minx will join Hunters. Fangtooth will land somewhere. Snakeskin and Coin are dead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, riffbw said:

The Union died with Blackheart, Rage had just prolonged the suffering. I hope they gut him. 

That said, I think this is the end of the Union. Rumor is no new models. They will remain a playable guild, just no new characters. 

Trisket, Grace, Benny, and Mist will be the foundation of a Church guild. Minx will join Hunters. Fangtooth will land somewhere. Snakeskin and Coin are dead. 

Wow. Way to give up on things.

We should fight for the Union! For the vision of the Longshanks! For the long past days of glory led by the pirate king, a scything blow Gutter, a 2” Melee Decimate, a def 6 Hemlocke (with AOE Blind) and finally a Mist with where did they go!  Never forget our fallen comrades, let them not die in vain! We shall forge on, corrupting the guilds from behind the scenes! Pulling strings and threads invisible to all others whilst also being manipulated by the church ourselves!

 

Viva la Union!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, riffbw said:

That said, I think this is the end of the Union. Rumor is no new models. They will remain a playable guild, just no new characters. 

I actually agree with this, with one caveat. A mascot that works with Brisket, so that there can be 3 full 6 man boxes for the Union. I'm also guessing that these vet players going to other guilds will be a starting point for a new 6 man box for the winning guilds, with the other guilds getting new players to fill a 3rd box for them. And then we'll see no new models for any of those guilds for a long time, with Steamforged making more guilds to keep the revenue stream going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Saje said:

Wow. Way to give up on things.

We should fight for the Union! For the vision of the Longshanks! For the long past days of glory led by the pirate king, a scything blow Gutter, a 2” Melee Decimate, a def 6 Hemlocke (with AOE Blind) and finally a Mist with where did they go!  Never forget our fallen comrades, let them not die in vain! We shall forge on, corrupting the guilds from behind the scenes! Pulling strings and threads invisible to all others whilst also being manipulated by the church ourselves!

 

Viva la Union!!

I'd love to be wrong, but with no new models, the Union are without a Captian. Gutter would be the next player up, but she's leaving. 

The balancing force between the guilds is changing and the Church is coming out into the open. The Union is now expendable.

2 hours ago, Ranthoron said:

I actually agree with this, with one caveat. A mascot that works with Brisket, so that there can be 3 full 6 man boxes for the Union. I'm also guessing that these vet players going to other guilds will be a starting point for a new 6 man box for the winning guilds, with the other guilds getting new players to fill a 3rd box for them. And then we'll see no new models for any of those guilds for a long time, with Steamforged making more guilds to keep the revenue stream going.

A mascot has to be on the way along with one more player. I also think Mist will get a veteran version and a 3rd sculpt as well. He's no longer a character hidden in shadows, he's openly a member of the Church. His tech can change from sneaky and using cover to something more suited to a center forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, riffbw said:

A mascot has to be on the way along with one more player. I also think Mist will get a veteran version and a 3rd sculpt as well. He's no longer a character hidden in shadows, he's openly a member of the Church. His tech can change from sneaky and using cover to something more suited to a center forward. 

The Union currently has 17 models. Three Captains, two mascots, and 12 players. The only spot left for a third box is the mascot. Now, that doesn't mean we won't get a Church team, possibly with the Solthecian Union players becoming duel guild in season 4, and a vet Mist in that situation, but, I'm not betting on a vet Mist in Union.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ranthoron said:

The Union currently has 17 models. Three Captains, two mascots, and 12 players. The only spot left for a third box is the mascot. Now, that doesn't mean we won't get a Church team, possibly with the Solthecian Union players becoming duel guild in season 4, and a vet Mist in that situation, but, I'm not betting on a vet Mist in Union.

The Mascot and Harry would fill it out, but I don't think Harry will be included because he doesn't fit unless they are just trying to sell the box for the last Union branded models. 

I think the fluff is heading towards a Church guild and Trisket, Grace, and Benny being new enough that they don't need full new models or tech.

Vet Mist was just a thought, but if they move these characters to a Church guild, I bet the rebalance Mist on a new card meaning veteran status. He went from best in game to solid because he could be fielded by too many teams. Locking him to one team allows a bit more freedom in design so he can be the best non captain striker if SFG want him to be. 

Losing Shadow Like, Smoke Bomb, Covered in Darkness, and Skilled Within Shadows since he is no longer covert means a complete rework. I imagine Where Did They Go would come back though. Just speculation, but fluff wise it fits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. I’m trying to band all of our Union brethren together and the whole talk has devolved into how the Union is most likely being taken out of the game. I feel like the whole spirit of this post seems to have been ignored...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Saje said:

Wow. I’m trying to band all of our Union brethren together and the whole talk has devolved into how the Union is most likely being taken out of the game. I feel like the whole spirit of this post seems to have been ignored...

I wish I could be optimistic, but I can't. Hopefully someone can step up and be more positive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be very surprised if the union got taken out of the game entirely - fairly sure SFG are aware of the massive hatred they'd get for that! 

There is the possibility that the union will be considered complete and thus get no more models, which will happen to all the guilds eventually (that plan has of course been known about from the start). But outright scrapping them would cause so much carnage I can't imagine those rumours being correct except on fluff grounds, which doesn't mean they can't be played. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love Union/Solthecian be able to recruit a few new Veterans to their side, lets say a vFangtooth or say a vSnakeskin, who I always thought It was her Clone that died not her.

Maybe even compete to choose between two new Mascots for the Solthecians to choose through games.

I still on sBrisket trip, using her for Escalation and casuals games and currently will back another Guild for my support of Union In Chains.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this was supposed to be a positive uniting post to pull us all together despite the fact that our players are being pulled apart. Clear it hasn’t be taken that way. This makes me sad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2017 at 5:52 PM, Mako said:

I'd be very surprised if the union got taken out of the game entirely - fairly sure SFG are aware of the massive hatred they'd get for that! 

There is the possibility that the union will be considered complete and thus get no more models, which will happen to all the guilds eventually (that plan has of course been known about from the start). But outright scrapping them would cause so much carnage I can't imagine those rumours being correct except on fluff grounds, which doesn't mean they can't be played. 

They won't be removing them from play, it's just fluff wise, they won't be a big factor anymore and it doesn't appear they will even exist as a guild. I hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't look good.

On 10/5/2017 at 1:48 AM, Kueller said:

I would love Union/Solthecian be able to recruit a few new Veterans to their side, lets say a vFangtooth or say a vSnakeskin, who I always thought It was her Clone that died not her.

Maybe even compete to choose between two new Mascots for the Solthecians to choose through games.

I still on sBrisket trip, using her for Escalation and casuals games and currently will back another Guild for my support of Union In Chains.

 

I would love to see Snakeskin still alive. I haven't heard the clone theory before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, riffbw said:

I would love to see Snakeskin still alive. I haven't heard the clone theory before.

I asked Sherwin himself he thought It was a good theory but he did say she was dead :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I always took the clone ability like the ninja clones in various ninja settings - eg you move so fast it seems you're momentarily in two places at once, with the "copy" either disappearing in a cloud of smoke or being replaced with a log or just fading from view as soon as it's "hurt". So there'd be no time for the clone Snakeskin to bleed out in a sewer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, riffbw said:

They won't be removing them from play, it's just fluff wise, they won't be a big factor anymore and it doesn't appear they will even exist as a guild. I hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't look good.

Possibly... though I wouldn’t put it past @Sherwin to have convoluted plans to make sure the various reprobates stay active in the fluff :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kueller said:

I asked Sherwin himself he thought It was a good theory but he did say she was dead :(

In Eastenders people die and then come back again all the time. I'm not ruling anything out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×