I'm actually quite distraught of the enduring silence in the Mason ranks on this issue. Do we don't care for Decimate, or are we all just waiting for more information to come, before even talking about it online? Of the 8 possibilities of the Union units, I myself am hoping for either Decimate or Snakeskin. We have no use for someone like Fangtooth. The new Avarisse and Greede is much better suited for teams like the Brewers or the Corsair Fish, so I'm not expecting them anyway. Minx is 100% going to the Hunters anyway. Gutter, Harry and Hemlocke are no possibilities anymore. What do you guys think?

Truth be told, I have no clue whatsoever what is happening, so can't quite formulate a plan yet.

What happens to the teams that lose the fight? Actually, what happens to the teams that actually win, anyway?

I'm currently listening to the Singled Out podcast. Sherwin said something about the winning Guild getting a custom sculpt, and that person than being part of that Guild from then on. Not sure about what happens to the teams that lose. They've been talking about that for each of the 4 Union players, two sculpts have been designed and backstory has been written, and that "4 of the possibilities will never become reality". Have not heard anything about Minx, A&G, Snakeskin and Fangtooth (yet).

One thing though. Sherwin: "After this, Union will not quite be the same." All the Union mains are currently scared sh*tless in what's happening, I guess.

My hope is we win and Brewer's end up, in the end, with Veteran Avarisse following Greede's death... ;)

That said, Decimate as is (or Vet.Decimate) as a Mason's player would be nice, although truth be told I have no clue how I'd add her in, considering how crowded the roster already is :\ I really like the idea of a Mason's-themed Decimate sculpt, however.

Deci used to be so good in Masons in S2 (oh I miss the Chissile), but a Vet version is definitely interesting.  Would have loved to have Mist, but story wise it doesn't make sense (he's too pious).  We'll see how this goes.

1 minute ago, Dirt Rey said:

On the flip side I'm assuming whoever loses still gets a new player of some kind. So it comes down to take decimate or roll the dice on a random.

That's definitely an assumption.  Since the introduction of Lucky I wouldn't bank on SFG maintaining guild parity.

40 minutes ago, MechMage said:

That's definitely an assumption.  Since the introduction of Lucky I wouldn't bank on SFG maintaining guild parity.

This was a point made in another of these threads but Lucky is definitely an oddity I think. Surely he is designed with the KickOff! box, event, and an escalation league in mind. I could absolutely be wrong but I think he is going to be more of a one-off kind of deal unless we see more 2 player starters in the future.

1 hour ago, Pending Forum Suspension said:

This was a point made in another of these threads but Lucky is definitely an oddity I think. Surely he is designed with the KickOff! box, event, and an escalation league in mind. I could absolutely be wrong but I think he is going to be more of a one-off kind of deal unless we see more 2 player starters in the future.

Yeah. I remember hearing an interview with someone  (Matt?) where he said Lucky wss designed to be a handout mini since the plastic ones were cheap enough to use as swag.

Decimate with additional Movement shenanigans would be perfect for Masons. Bring them more and more to a flexible Guild with unpredictable maneuvers... more importent then before... because they are no more the high armor team...

And look at the Modell... its to noble for Brewers at all.

Definitely up for a Masons' Decimate.  I don't use her, with Minx as the more preferable choice of the Unions players.  

If it's a new Vet Dec, then I hope there will be some modification to her playstyle.  If not at least she benefit from Masons' Plays and Traits.  

Sod the Brewers!!

3 minutes ago, Snow said:

I'll be playing for hunters as my first team, but masons are my second that I haven't used yet, so I'll be rooting for you! 

My group has just started playing the Escalation League where I'm trying out the Fish, but I'm deffo rooting for the Masons!