Sign in to follow this  
micho

Farmers and Blacksmiths

Has anybody played any games against Farmers or Blacksmiths? What players are good in these match ups? I haven't got a chance to play against any of them but my first tournament is approaching and I expect to find some of them there. Farmers look quite good on paper with all those 2" melee players and lots of INF to spare.

Hemlocke is pretty good against teams that like to bunch up and telegraph their power activations.

Both teams have quite a few low-def models, so Gutter has potential to do big things. Especially with a def debuff - I'd take Decimate into Smiths, Minx into Farmers. Both are fine though.

Neither team has anyone who can reliably protect the ball from Mist, and Brisket doesn't do too badly either - though Brisket might have trouble with Smiths' armour.

Models with high sprint speeds are also handy for killing harvest markers against Farmers.

@micho I've played quite a few games as VRage into Farmers now at tournaments, maybe 8/9 games? My experience is that against a very good player, they actually outfight the VRage scrum pretty hard... the only other player that has managed this against me was Greg Day with his Ox Butchers.

The Grange and Windle set up with crowdouts when done correctly is horrible, it's virtually impossible to delete one of them in one activation, still very hard with 2 activations, as they can interrupt you inbetween. Before you get that second activation Grange normally goes with 6 and KD's everyone, sets up Honest Labour and counters the scrum pretty hard.

If playing against someone good, I'd be tempted to go more Football with Blackheart (Sbrisket if you're feeling brave!) and try to avoid bunching up. If you can seperate the Farmers they are easily dealt with, when they hang around as a group I couldn't get the scrum set up.

Hope this helps!

I've been playing Brisket3 into them.  Her and Mist could care less about 2'' melee when they consistently get the results they need against 3/0 models and bounce off.  Harry's around to throw fire out there, and then it varies.  Benediction anchors pretty well and is another Solthecian for Mist.